Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

is Avatar 1 going to reelase here as well? 

wanted to take my daughter to it as her first movie theatre experience but friday and saturday shows here were pretty packed. and today ticket prices have soared like anything. with 400-600 rs per ticket they can FO with those prices. 

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

wanted to take my daughter to it as her first movie theatre experience but friday and saturday shows here were pretty packed. and today ticket prices have soared like anything. with 400-600 rs per ticket they can FO with those prices. 

are you looking at imax 3d? normal 3d prices are good. 

10 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

are you looking at imax 3d? normal 3d prices are good. 

normal 3d at r-city or pheonix marketcity. recliners at r city are 630 and and 550 at other one. around 400 for std tickets. 

jio world open theatre is a better option with 1000 rs for 4-5 people +car. might just go for that next week. 

4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

I just took my daughter to Avatar for her first ever movie experience. 

The movie holds up so well. Does not look like a 2009 movie. Pretty much a 2022 movie, the VFX are still amazing, the world of Pandora, animals, birds, banshees, Taruk Makto, mo-cap - just so good. This was technically my 5th or 6th watch in theatres. 

Super excited for the next part. Cameron is a God ! 

• Like 2

Avatar looks so good even today, latest movies with finest of vfx will pale in comparison, best 3d experience ever.

also the post credit scene is just next level, if you are impressed by the original you will be blown away by the next one.

ps: there were quite a few high frame rate scenes but they were not more than 2-3 seconds long at a stretch. The characters and environment looked super realistic in those scenes.

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I just took my daughter to Avatar for her first ever movie experience. 

The movie holds up so well. Does not look like a 2009 movie. Pretty much a 2022 movie, the VFX are still amazing, the world of Pandora, animals, birds, banshees, Taruk Makto, mo-cap - just so good. This was technically my 5th or 6th watch in theatres. 

Super excited for the next part. Cameron is a God ! 

Tbh, they remastered the original for this release.

8 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Avatar looks so good even today, latest movies with finest of vfx will pale in comparison, best 3d experience ever.

also the post credit scene is just next level, if you are impressed by the original you will be blown away by the next one.

ps: there were quite a few high frame rate scenes but they were not more than 2-3 seconds long at a stretch. The characters and environment looked super realistic in those scenes.

Yeah. The post credits scene is bonkers. Amazing realism.