Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

91uqJKuTTiL._SL1500_.jpg

Finished watching the Ultimate Cut of Watchmen for the first time last night that too in 4K and I don't think I've ever seen a richer looking film! I was simply in awe most of the time! It looked very expensive and I think the HDR grade made all the difference! It's so filmic looking! Coming to the movie itself, I've always liked the Director's Cut and held it in a high regard, but felt like there was something missing aside from some slight tonal, performance and pacing issues here and there, but especially in the third act. Well, the Ultimate Cut fixes all of them! Thanks to a whole new subplot and more footage, every single thing clicks here, no matter how big or tiny, be it the tone, acting, visuals, sound, you name it! It has a beautiful flow, too, and doesn't feel like a 3 hour 35 min movie at all! And it's extremely immersive at that, too! I think this is definitely the best work of Zack Snyder and quite well in fact, the best Superhero movie ever made! Nothing else comes close IMO.

Edited by Max Pain

32 minutes ago, Max Pain said:

91uqJKuTTiL._SL1500_.jpg

Finished watching the Ultimate Cut of Watchmen for the first time last night that too in 4K and I don't think I've ever seen a richer looking film? It's so filmic! I was simply in awe most of the time! I've always liked the Director's Cut and held it in a high regard, but felt like something was missing besides some slight tonal, performance and pacing issues here and there, but especially in the third act. Well, the Ultimate Cut fixed them all! Everything clicked here, be it the tone, acting, visuals, sound etc. It has a beautiful flow and didn't feel like a 3H35M movie at all! Extremely immersive at that, too! I think this is definitely the best work of Zack Snyder and quite well in fact, the best Superhero movie ever made! Nothing else comes close IMHO!

It is the best superhero story in any medium. Period. 

• Like 1

watched avatar re release on pvr 4dx. still holds up amazingly well after all these years &  daughter loved it too. 4d effects were neat except in the climatic battle. do wear some wollens as it gets quiet chilly when the wind and water effect start esp if you sit in the aisle seats. 

23 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Hawke and McGregor. What else do you need?

I really am interested in the movie but by God please stop showing the whole movie in the trailers. Most trailers these days just summarize the movie and show beginning to end in the trailer. I feel like I've no need of watching the movie anymore as I know everything that is going to happen.

1 minute ago, kittoo said:

I really am interested in the movie but by God please stop showing the whole movie in the trailers. Most trailers these days just summarize the movie and show beginning to end in the trailer. I feel like I've no need of watching the movie anymore as I know everything that is going to happen.

Yeah. I never see trailers anymore. The magic is lost. 

Vikram Vedha

I haven't seen the South one so my expectations were purely based on the look of trailer. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Saif looks Suave and does justice to his role of Vikram the righteous one. But, Hritik is smashing it as Vedha (Betaal). His UP accent could have been a tad better though. I was quite apprehensive how will they do justice to the concept of Vedha narrating stories, however it's very well executed and everything comes together in the end. 

Judging by the climax I believe there might be a sequel brewing up. 

I will rate this a solid 4/5.

5 hours ago, kittoo said:

This is why I completely avoid trailers or just see first few seconds to see if something interests me. Trailers are now atleast 3 mins long and cover almost every crucial scene.