Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

On 9/10/2022 at 1:53 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

Barbarian is sitting at 92% on RT with 88 reviews.

Smart, darkly humorous, and above all scary, Barbarian offers a chilling and consistently unpredictable thrill ride for horror fans.

Wish it had released here :\

qWVMFuq.jpg

Never trusting RT ever again. What a pile of sh*t this was.

2 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

Never trusting RT ever again. What a pile of sh*t this was.

I really liked it.

The final set-piece was disappointing. But other than that it was a fun, tense, and suspenseful watch with some genuinely funny moments.

Gets a recommendation from me to anyone who's looking for a fun thriller.

2 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I really liked it.

The final set-piece was disappointing. But other than that it was a fun, tense, and suspenseful watch with some genuinely funny moments.

Gets a recommendation from me to anyone who's looking for a fun thriller.

was way too slow, that one flashback of 2-3 minutes in the middle was enough to understand the entire story.

Just now, hazard12345 said:

was way too slow, that one flashback of 2-3 minutes in the middle was enough to understand the entire story.

Different strokes I guess. Was nowhere even near being slow for me. 

And if movies were just about understanding the story, we'd all just be reading their plot synopses on wikipedia instead.

6 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Rumored to be streaming on Prime Video on 4th Nov.

1 hour ago, ZooZoo said:

not just rumor, Prime has a big banner saying that on their website. right not its up for rent on prime

Apparently not coming on 4th.

Started star wars movie marathon, from ep1: phantom menace.  Was never really into star wars although i watched the most recent trilogy.  But after watching s01 of 'the mandalorian' and few episodes of Andor, I'm interested .... watching the movie in order of episode nos., instead of movie release.... Let's see how it goes :D

46 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Started star wars movie marathon, from ep1: phantom menace.  Was never really into star wars although i watched the most recent trilogy.  But after watching s01 of 'the mandalorian' and few episodes of Andor, I'm interested .... watching the movie in order of episode nos., instead of movie release.... Let's see how it goes :D

Im Sorry But No Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Highly recommend watching it as the movies released. But, you do you, I guess.

DON'T DO IT!

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Why ? I thought that's the correct way to watch to understand the lore ?

Not according to fans. Although I still recommend you to keep watching in order. Reason, the original earliest released movies are far better than the new ones, so your watching experience will progressively get better (lol). Also, for me personally, what happened at the end of new trilogy is one of the biggest twist in movies even though it wasn't intended as a twist and filmmakers were just concluding the movie giving its origin. 

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Because the prequels basically spoils the story in original trilogy. Episode 4, 5 and 6 rely on you not knowing character backstories and their relationships with each other. Prequels assume you have seen the OG movies so they'll tell you everything about why people acted the way they did. This is why you should watch them in the order of release. 

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

IMO it's a good general rule of thumb to follow not just for Star Wars but for most media.

The stories and the plot points in prequels are made keeping in mind that most of its target audience is already familiar with the events that take place later on and hence are better experienced as such.

Chronological order should almost always be left for re-watches.