Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Started star wars movie marathon, from ep1: phantom menace.  Was never really into star wars although i watched the most recent trilogy.  But after watching s01 of 'the mandalorian' and few episodes of Andor, I'm interested .... watching the movie in order of episode nos., instead of movie release.... Let's see how it goes :D

If you want to experiment try the Machete order 

https://www.wired.com/2012/02/machete-order-star-wars/

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Started star wars movie marathon, from ep1: phantom menace.  Was never really into star wars although i watched the most recent trilogy.  But after watching s01 of 'the mandalorian' and few episodes of Andor, I'm interested .... watching the movie in order of episode nos., instead of movie release.... Let's see how it goes :D

Few years back I too wanted to give it a go, started in order of release, couldn't even complete the first movie because thought it was lame and dated, and gave up. Good luck to you for finishing it.

The original trilogy are still the best movies till today. They hold up well and are genuinely good movies, not just "Star Wars movies" 

The prequel trilogy is garbage. So just keep that in mind if you're starting with episode 1 (phantom menace). 

Edited by dylanjosh

Only OT is worth watching in the entire franchise. PT is awful and exhausting. It killed all the interest I had in Star Wars. I don't even remember what happens in TFA, that's how forgettable it is. Never bothered with the rest of the ST. Rogue One is lifeless trash.

The Mandalorian S1 is good. S2 is fan-service garbage. Didn't watch Andor beyond EP2. Don't care about Bobba Fett or whatever it is.

Release Order works best for Star Wars. The OT is peak star war and very easy to get into for new viewers. Prequels are horrendous, but then again some people like the corniness of it lol. Revenge of the Sith is the best one.

Force Awakens has a good first half, lot of potential and interesting ideas. But it falls off a cliff(pun intended) really fast. At least it was able to build hype for the next part.
The Last Jedi- Again some good ideas but has a lot of meh parts. But it kind of works as an ending better than its next part.
Rise of Skywalker- Worst of the lot. It's like bad fanfiction lol. Ruined the franchise for me.

Rogue One is fun watch with good cinematography. 

Solo was alright. Emilia Clarke and that Alden guy were pretty good in it, liked that he didn't try to mimic Harrison Ford. Hoping they make a sequel series to it on Disney+. 

Intresting, i had started phantom menace and stopped it in between after reading all your comments on starting from ep4(first star wars movie) instead.  The print on hotstar looks really good, let me see how it goes .... also i guess I've already been spoiled of major plot points from the first trilogy thanks to all the pop culture references across different media :D

Saw the gray man yesterday on Netflix.  Maybe the above teaser would've been impressive few years back, now after seeing many action flicks like the gray man on ott, this  seems just another run off the mill action movie.  Deepika looks awesome though :thumbsup:

Edited by Ne0