Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Even the first one was a very generic movie, the only thing going for it was the 3D (novelty at the time, the movie kinda brought it back after a long period of hibernation)

Was bored to death in first one. 2nd one looks as boring as first one.

Just got back from a screening of DDLJ. Several PVRs had a few shows today on account of Shah Rukh's birthday.

Like it or not, the movie is an out-and-out proper 90s Bollywood movie and even with all the loopholes and the funny LOL-worthy (now, but not intended to be) directed scenes, it's a pretty decent movie and has made an impact on the generation that saw this movie growing up.

What a wonderful experience it was! To think this movie came out 27 years ago and it still has a cult following like this, is simply mind-boggling! Except the first 2 rows, the entire hall was packed. And to hear all the chants, whistles, and hoots on all the iconic scenes, that was an experience in itself.

I was 3 years old when the movie released, so I'm not sure if I saw it in a theatre. So, as a SRK fan, I'll cherish this experience forever...

10 hours ago, dante77 said:

Man, the Avatar trailer looks so bad. I thought I would catch it this time just for some good quality visuals and mindless fun but the trailer itself is boring and looks like it will be a very generic movie. 

Pathan looks rediculous, as expected mostly about an actor returns rather than Story telling. And why would SRK take John Abraham as Villain, doesn't make sense. Still looks like a good stupid mindless fun!

Let me get this straight. Pathan seems mindless fun, and Avatar 2 looks generic. 

Ok. :lol:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Even the first one was a very generic movie, the only thing going for it was the 3D (novelty at the time, the movie kinda brought it back after a long period of hibernation)

true this. 

the visuals and 3D stil make it worth watching though 

Edited by dylanjosh

Avatar is only for the visuals. The first one was same. I found it strictly OK and not re-watch able. 

I was in school when DDLJ released. My friends dad used to own the biggest theater in our city so we will bunk school and watch it whenever we can. Forgot the count how many times I saw it that time. Good times. 

8 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Just got back from a screening of DDLJ. Several PVRs had a few shows today on account of Shah Rukh's birthday.

Like it or not, the movie is an out-and-out proper 90s Bollywood movie and even with all the loopholes and the funny LOL-worthy (now, but not intended to be) directed scenes, it's a pretty decent movie and has made an impact on the generation that saw this movie growing up.

What a wonderful experience it was! To think this movie came out 27 years ago and it still has a cult following like this, is simply mind-boggling! Except the first 2 rows, the entire hall was packed. And to hear all the chants, whistles, and hoots on all the iconic scenes, that was an experience in itself.

I was 3 years old when the movie released, so I'm not sure if I saw it in a theatre. So, as a SRK fan, I'll cherish this experience forever...

I watched in theaters at release, and I still maintain that SRK should have settled for mandira bedi, instead of doing all the shenanigans for getting Kajol who was objectively worse looking and more irritating+that awful unibrow. And the so called villain, the ex financee of Kajol gets the hard end of the stick. What was even his fault bc :rofl:

This review of ddlj is fantastic:

MOVE AWAY AVATAR AND PATHAAN AND WHATEVER OTHER BIG MOVIE IS COMING UP, THE OG G.O.A.T. IS BACK!

A Hindi movie with the word 'Badass' in it. :rofl:

"Himesh Reshammiya Melodies" :rofl:

"The Xposé Universe" :rofl:

Edit: Commited the cardinal sin of not posting this...

This movie will have the most memes made out it.

Edited by VelivolusDas
  • Haha 4

I literally puked watching the Pathan Theatre, so much cringe. Bollywod should just stop and rethink what they want to make.

First Avatar was great for visuals and story was as generic as any bollywood movie. The curernt one just looks blue blue blue everywhere. If those blue characters were not enough, cameroon wants us to see more blue in water.

They should have named the movie Bluetar! Will watch it when the tickets go cheap, or take my son so he can see an Aquarium on IMAX.

Edited by AtheK
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

MOVE AWAY AVATAR AND PATHAAN AND WHATEVER OTHER BIG MOVIE IS COMING UP, THE OG G.O.A.T. IS BACK!

A Hindi movie with the word 'Badass' in it. :rofl:

"Himesh Reshammiya Melodies" :rofl:

"The Xposé Universe" :rofl:

Edit: Commited the cardinal sin of not posting this...

This movie will have the most memes made out it.

Boat Poop GIF

a 3 minute trailer for title announcement teaser!!!

7 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I literally puked watching the Pathan Theatre, so much cringe. Bollywod should just stop and rethink what they want to make.

First Avatar was great for visuals and story was as generic as any bollywood movie. The curernt one just looks blue blue blue everywhere. If those blue characters were not enough, cameroon wants us to see more blue in water.

They should have named the movie Bluetar! Will watch it when the tickets go cheap, or take my son so he can see an Aquarium on IMAX.

Cameron has been known for his Blues since his T2 days, so it's not that new.

33 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Haters gonna hate, Cameron gonna bait ! 

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Haters gonna hate, Cameron gonna bait ! 

you are the one who is baited, apun to aaram se jayega.

Tu sabko gadha bana raha yahan, guys remember he is the only one who liked Thor and put everyone else to torture, so you have been warned :P

4 minutes ago, AtheK said:

you are the one who is baited, apun to aaram se jayega.

Tu sabko gadha bana raha yahan, guys remember he is the only one who liked Thor and put everyone else to torture, so you have been warned :P

:lol:

I'm huge Cameron and Avatar fan, so week 1, and multiple viewings confirmed. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, AtheK said:

Why do you want to torture your son? He will have nightmares about the hideous blue creatures. 

• Haha 1