Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

16 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Anyone saw Black Panther ? 

Watched in IMAX 3D, found it pretty damn good. Nice tribute for Chadwick and everything from action to visuals looked great. Namor is badass plus the underwater world Talokan looks stunning, different from the ones before. Everyone in the cast gave their all, but Angela Bassett was on whole other level. 

It got A cinemascore and 95% audience score till now, so audiences are liking it more than all superhero movies released this year. 

Edited by cyberpunk

36 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Watched in IMAX 3D, found it pretty damn good. Nice tribute for Chadwick and everything from action to visuals looked great. Namor is badass plus the underwater world Talokan looks stunning, different from the ones before. Everyone in the cast gave their all, but Angela Bassett was on whole other level. 

It got A cinemascore and 95% audience score till now, so audiences are liking it more than all superhero movies released this year. 

Good for 5 year old kid ? She watched Avatar, but I'm guess Wakanda will have more dialogues than Avatar (kids love CGI) ?

Also IMAX normal tickets are 1000 bucks a seat here. Will wait for a week or two for prices to cool down. Insanity. 

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Good for 5 year old kid ? She watched Avatar, but I'm guess Wakanda will have more dialogues than Avatar (kids love CGI) ?

Also IMAX normal tickets are 1000 bucks a seat here. Will wait for a week or two for prices to cool down. Insanity. 

I watched The Matrix in theaters as a 9-10 year old kid :fear1:

back in the day…

Edited by 0verlord

11 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Saw the movie today, must say it is one of better Marvel movies off late, and pretty much the best super hero movie of this year. It had a right mix of everything, the tribute to Chadwick, to a bit of character development. Some part was stupid like any super hero moviess, but you can look past that.

The Action sequence are well done, and everyone has done a good job. The movies does not look rushed, but due to which seems just a tinge bit longer, but then it is fine. Saw the first end credit, which is again well done, did not bother to stay for second, if they have any.

Marvel must be applauded for the time they devoted to Chadwick tribute, it was very well done.

Overall a 8/10 for me.

• Like 1

Saw Black Panther today too. I thought it was pretty ok tbh. But i seem to be in the minority. My friend and the theatre liked it a lot. Some cheers during certain scenes. 

I loved BP1 so much but this didn't hit the same. Really missed Tchalla. 

The music and visuals were nice. Best part of the movie was Tchallas moms acting. Next was Okoye and Mbaku. Shuri was also good, better than i expected. 

My problems with the movie is that nothing was really breathtaking or wows me. It all felt like run of the mill stuff. 

Spoiler

Everything just reminded me of something else. All the new heroes felt like cheap knock offs. The ironheart suit looked like as some iron man toy. The midnight angel suit looked terrible. Reminded me of Sonic with the blue colour, big eyes and hair. The Shuri black panther suit looked ok, but idk i felt like it doesn't suit her. She is way too skinny for it to look good. Hopefully she bulks up. Namor's blue minions reminded me of cheap avatar knock offs. I wasn't a fan of Namor's actor either. He was especially looking bad in front of the Wakanda cast who were acting really good. 

Also what's with all the children in the Marvel movies?? Dr Strange, Thor and Black Panther all had kids. Future Proofing?

• Like 1

Monica O my darling is so so good. Had the most fun watching this movie this year. Strong performances all around…Radhika Apte steals the show…Sikander Kher is revelation. The bgm is just right…makes it sound like watching a retro 70’s bollywood thriller.  The dialogues and lines are killer. Dont give this one a miss. 

3 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Monica O my darling is so so good. Had the most fun watching this movie this year. Strong performances all around…Radhika Apte steals the show…Sikander Kher is revelation. The bgm is just right…makes it sound like watching a retro 70’s bollywood thriller.  The dialogues and lines are killer. Dont give this one a miss. 

I just watched the movie, and echo the same comments. 

Not a single dull moment, and all around great acting. Huma is also so good. Love the retro music. 

7 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Enjoyed it thoroughly. Rajkumar Rao is becoming my favorite actor. Although Radhika Apte imo was strictly OK and others did a better job. We loved the retro feel especially the music was always on point. We need more such well made mystery thrillers. 

Anyone else feels with the open ending they left a scope for a sequel?

6 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Enjoyed it thoroughly. Rajkumar Rao is becoming my favorite actor. Although Radhika Apte imo was strictly OK and others did a better job. We loved the retro feel especially the music was always on point. We need more such well made mystery thrillers. 

Anyone else feels with the open ending they left a scope for a sequel?

Felt more like the ending was inspired by similar genre movies like Johnny Gaddar but yeah, sequel can be made if they ever wanted.

I watched A Time to Kill (1996) on Prime.

The movie received generally positive reviews. It was also a commercial success mainly I believe because ppl flocked to watch another Sandra Bullock movie.

I liked the portrayal of the rural south in the US when it was ripe with racism led by the klu klax clan. 

Hollywood certainly doesn't make movies like in the 90s anymore.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0117913/

Time_to_kill_poster.jpg

Edited by Legacy Gamer

On 11/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, R3D_D3ViL said:

I watched it over the weekend and really liked the movie. But the track that constantly played was getting irritating in the first half of the movie. If you get past that, it is a great watch. :D