Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

The midnight show experience was really good... You know the ones who were there for a 00:10 IMAX 3D show on release day, consider the movie/franchise special.

Sometimes, watching a movie with fellow fans on the release day has its own charm, and this felt exactly like that.

The 3D implementation is out of the world. Just breathtaking. I lost count to the number of times I uttered the word "wow." It's something else altogether and will certainly be talked about for years to come (or until the sequel comes along). 

The story is pretty 'movie'esque. Usual cinema-tropes. Not that it's bad, just good enough to keep you on the edge of your seat. The last 15-20 minutes were downright exhilarating to watch! Also, sets-up a basic plot for the sequel pretty well. Masterfully done by Cameron.

A request for everyone: Please watch it on a big screen with 3D whenever possible. You simply cannot recreate an experience like this at home. even though you might have the best OLED or whatever and might even get your hands on the best-quality version of the movie, nothing beats the big-screen 3D experience. It's made for it!

Edit: @KnackChap: I'm curious to know which character you are talking about? I don't want to take names here because I don't want to accidentally spoil it for anyone.

Edited by VelivolusDas

James Gunn has fired Henry Cavill from the Superman role. Just 2 months after the announcement of his return.

Gunn also announced that he will be writing the new Superman movie that will take place during the earlier part of the character's life.

Jason Momoa will also not return as Aquaman. In other words, complete reboot.

53 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Watched avtar.

A VISUALLY SPECTACULAR "SNOOZEFEST".

Bland generic story.

Plotholes, predicable storyling , and annoying zoom shots (Like a kid edited those)

6/10 , 7/10 if someone holds a gun to my head.

Just like first movie then. Wasted time and money on first one, not going to repeat the same mistake again.

Just now, Big Boss said:

Just like first movie then. Wasted time and money on first one, not going to repeat the same mistake again.

I'm thinking the same thing but then again it's not often that a movie comes along that implements 3D well. Thinking of watching just for 3D. 

42 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I'm thinking the same thing but then again it's not often that a movie comes along that implements 3D well. Thinking of watching just for 3D. 

Watch it in 3rd or 4th week then, when the prices are much lower.

On 12/17/2022 at 3:34 PM, Max Pain said:

James Gunn has fired Henry Cavill from the Superman role. Just 2 months after the announcement of his return.

Gunn also announced that he will be writing the new Superman movie that will take place during the earlier part of the character's life.

Dc movies were getting progressively worse after Justice League, but the way these guys have treated Cavill I really hope no A lister ever works in a DC superhero movie again. There was nothing wrong with Cavill's Superman, he was perfect for the part.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

IMAX tickets are about 1500 in Bangalore, will wait til its sub 1K :P

1500 for watching blue cockroaches in blue water, and that too on your face.

pass.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

1500 for watching blue cockroaches in blue water, and that too on your face.

pass.

Blue, black, brown cockroaches, to each is own I guess.

Enjoyed the first one, will probably like this too going by the reviews. Looking forward to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Really enjoyed The Banshees of Inisherin. The movie turns from comedy to absurdity to heart breaking without breaking a step. Expected nothing less from the team of In Bruges. Farell and Gleeson is a match made in heaven. This one is going to be a strong contender this award season. 

Yup. Loved pretty much everything about it. Definitely one of my favourites this year.

Excellent screenplay with great characters as always from Mcdonagh that is done justice by pitch-perfect performances by all the lead actors.

The setting itself is so charming too that I was wishing for the whole thing to be a series instead of a movie because I didn't want it to end :P

For those who are not aware, the movie is available on Hotstar.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2022 at 3:34 PM, Max Pain said:

Great TBH tired of understanding DC universe connection of movies, complete new timeline and characters from scratch will be good, maybe they can go Marvel way saying assume it as a different multiverse timeline, and merging old characters sometime in future like how marvel brought Charles xavier on board.