Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

8 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Super stoked for this. The day after Trinity is already a great watch. Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, Fukushima, David-Besse etc have basically taught us that with nuclear, anything that can go wrong will go wrong. And more often than not, we are at the mercy of things working together in those super critical moments. 

Cleanest source of energy has the potential to wipe off nations off the earth. What an oxymoron. 

• Like 1

^ The IMAX trailer of Oppenheimer is way better with RDJ and Matt Damon.

Anyways, James Gunn ended whatever was remaining of the DCEU in less than a month lol. Henry left Witcher for nothing, only to lose his Superman role again. So much for Rock saying "The hierarchy of power is about to change" while promoting Black Adam. :P 

24 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Anyways, James Gunn ended whatever was remaining of the DCEU in less than a month lol. Henry left Witcher for nothing, only to lose his Superman role again. So much for Rock saying "The hierarchy of power is about to change" while promoting Black Adam. :P 

I don't think Rock is coming back. Those ridiculous contracts where Rock and Jason Statham etc cannot lose a fight are plain idiotic. 

DC is cursed.

By the time James Gunn launches his DCU, either the Superhero fatigue will completely set in (if not already evident by the reception to the recent MCU flicks) leaving them nothing to milk from or World War 3 itself will begin. :lol:

Ironically, had they followed the original plan, we'd have gotten 2 more Justice League movies with Darkseid's invasion at the center of it along with a set of duologies starring each Superhero, including Ben Affleck's Batman - all closely connected to each other - and WB right now would be rebooting their DC Universe through Flashpoint either way(without all the unnecessary drama).

Instead, they wasted all their valuable time by making low budget crap that no one asked for. Now, they want to make MCU 2.0 when people are already getting tired of Marvel's formula.

Edited by Max Pain
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Max Pain said:

DC is cursed.

By the time James Gunn launches his DCU, either the Superhero fatigue will completely set in (if not already evident by the reception to the recent MCU flicks) leaving them nothing to milk from or World War 3 itself will begin. :lol:

Ironically, had they followed the original plan, we'd have gotten 2 more Justice League movies with Darkseid's invasion at the center of it along with a set of duologies starring each Superhero, including Ben Affleck's Batman - all closely connected to each other - and WB right now would be rebooting their DC Universe through Flashpoint either way(without all the unnecessary drama).

Instead, they wasted all their valuable time by making low budget crap that no one asked for. Now, they want to make MCU 2.0 when people are already getting tired of Marvel's formula.

i was a die hard Marvel fan upto Endgame, after that i felt they were just dragging movies instead of focusing on quality. I slept watching wanda vision, and didnt even felt like watching falcon & winter soldier. I did enjoy NWH & multiverse of madness since it directly started story where endgame left. and the final nail in the coffin was Thor 4..that thing has like a joke every minute .not sure if they were making superhero movie or comedy movie. I Think am not returning to marvel anytime soon ..maybe will watch next GOG

Edited by broksindri

Really sad Cavill had to go but if Gunn actually wants to make a difference then he needs a clean slate. There is way too much baggage with DC right now.

If it was up to me i would get rid of the Pattinson Batman and Joaquin Phoenix Joker too (Or combine those and make that the main universe) 

On 12/18/2022 at 3:13 PM, cyberpunk said:

Everyone's saying you have to be a stan of the first to like the second one.

94% audience score on rotten tomatoes. They can't all be 'stans'.

15 hours ago, broksindri said:

Great TBH tired of understanding DC universe connection of movies, complete new timeline and characters from scratch will be good, maybe they can go Marvel way saying assume it as a different multiverse timeline, and merging old characters sometime in future like how marvel brought Charles xavier on board.

Nah. It's too late to start a new 'universe' or whatever. DC should have just embraced making standalone movies with small references to the extended universe like they did with Shazam and all that. Besides, I've never liked Gunn's movies, so don't have high hopes about his writing.

On 12/18/2022 at 10:47 PM, playstationdude said:

Dc movies were getting progressively worse after Justice League, but the way these guys have treated Cavill I really hope no A lister ever works in a DC superhero movie again. There was nothing wrong with Cavill's Superman, he was perfect for the part.

Whatchu talking about? Aquaman, Shazam and Gunn's Suicide Squad were decent.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

He didn't leave Witcher for Superman. Probably had the Warhammer series all set up to be made before quitting the shitty series.

ae4wm859g66a1.jpg

Whatever the truth may be, it is obvious that he wasn't satisfied with the show.

12 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

94% audience score on rotten tomatoes. They can't all be 'stans'.

Nah. It's too late to start a new 'universe' or whatever. DC should have just embraced making standalone movies with small references to the extended universe like they did with Shazam and all that. Besides, I've never liked Gunn's movies, so don't have high hopes about his writing.

Whatchu talking about? Aquaman, Shazam and Gunn's Suicide Squad were decent.

You dont like Gunn's movies ? He did GOG pretty good and i think ppl praised him for Suicide squad reboot too. He did 2 franchise of unknown (no big names like spiderman, superman) characters pretty well. i thought they loved him so much that they promoted him to lead DC

It was Nicole Perlman who wrote GOTG after years of research. Later, Gunn came in, added some songs and some jokes and then took most of the credit for it. Even the Dawn of the Dead remake was completely rewritten by Oscar nominated writers Michael Tolkin and Scott Frank (uncredited as per Wiki).

I wouldn't trust nerds on the internet. Look at all the praise painfully mediocre flicks like Dune and The Batman get.

1 hour ago, broksindri said:

You dont like Gunn's movies ? He did GOG pretty good and i think ppl praised him for Suicide squad reboot too. He did 2 franchise of unknown (no big names like spiderman, superman) characters pretty well. i thought they loved him so much that they promoted him to lead DC

Not really. Especially his brand of humour. To be honest, I don't exactly remember my original feelings towards Guardians of the Galaxy. It was good, I guess but the movie kind of annoyed me then as it was with that movie, MCU started transitioning from sci fi films to unapologetically comic book-ey films. Before that, even in the Thor movie, they were like "Our magic is actually science, just really advanced". But in GotG, all the aliens were green humans, blue humans, humans with weird attachments here and there etc. and of course, spoke English and acted just like the humans on Earth. Waititi's Thor movies are even worse offenders of this. Why even make movies about gods and alien worlds on an epic scale if the characters and dialogues are written like they're in some sitcom?

The second GotG was trash. The Suicide Squad was decent but nothing special. I was just baffled that they f**king made another Suicide Squad movie instead of focusing on actually important DC characters and stories.

• Haha 1