Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

8 hours ago, achilles said:

did not notice the HFR issues that @Bird Bird Bird mentioned, and I’m usually quite sensitive to that. FWIW, I watched it in IMAX Citywalk. 

Was it playing in HFR ? Apparently some IMAXs are playing the movie in 24fps. 

To me, it reminded of exactly the same experience as Hobbit HFR. Deja vu right from the start, and the first 30 mins looked sh*t due to HFR. Things seemed better once underwater scenes started. 

I saw Avatar 2:the way of the water in regular cinemas in 3D as IMAX was mostly full over the last weekend.  Was still blown away with the visuals.  Just like the first movie, this is not high on story/plot or even characters.  But I felt it was much better than it’s prequel in these aspects.  Visually the movie is a benchmark, especially, the underwater sequences are breathtaking.  I felt so immersed in the world of pandora for those 3 hours or so, very few movies felt this immersive to me !!

Avatar 2 was full of plot holes, continuity errors and was mostly a retelling of the first movie, but it's still worth a watch just for the visuals - I might not watch it ever again but for one time watch, I would highly recommend it. It felt Cameron gave his all to this movie - it has Terminator, Aliens, Titanic vibes of course mixed with Avatar.

On 12/27/2022 at 9:26 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Was it playing in HFR ? Apparently some IMAXs are playing the movie in 24fps. 

To me, it reminded of exactly the same experience as Hobbit HFR. Deja vu right from the start, and the first 30 mins looked sh*t due to HFR. Things seemed better once underwater scenes started. 

Not sure, and I didn't check with them. I was pretty un-sober tbh :P 

Couldn't have sat through this other wise. 

Saw way of the water again today but this time with kid. Hall was filled with children and older folks. It really is the perfect family film during the holidays. Daughter also choked up during the climax so well done JC.

Thinking of showing her Titanic next but need to find a censored version. :fear1:

• Like 1

Watched Glass Onion: A Knives Out story. 

Really fun movie, enjoyed it. But overall i like the first movie more. I think too much stuff is hidden from the audience here. 

Daniel Craig as Benoit Blanc is a gem. Love him. Hoping to see more movies in this franchise. 

I liked Glass Onion too. Good overall movie but lacked the first part's mystery. That is why I think first one was a tad better but this was a enjoyable flick too!

I liked how the first part of the movie wasn't wasted like that shitty murder on orient express 2 and it kept the script tight! 

On 12/25/2022 at 11:38 PM, gecko89 said:

Not sure where you are getting this from?!

A2 has almost doubled its US domestic earnings compared to A1 in same timespan.

Add to that A2 made 435Mil globally in first weekend. Heck, even in India its crossed 200Crores already.

Lastly, Cameron's films have unusually long legs (especially compared to Marvel/DC films which lately die off within 2 weeks despite big opening weekends)

Has already passed 1.38 billion globally. On route to earn 2 billion and also being the highest earning Hollywood movie in India as well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Has already passed 1.38 billion globally. On route to earn 2 billion and also being the highest earning Hollywood movie in India as well

Was just about to post this:

• Like 1

DRISHYAM 2 SPOILERS AHEAD

I actually watched both drishyam 2 .. original kerela version as well as recent remake of ajay devgan.. both are equally good.

I wished Akshay khanna had more screentime, his character was such badass, i loved everytime he was on screen.. He is such a unique actor does comedy movies as well as serious roles quite nice, his 36 chinatown role was one of my favorite.. this role too was similar of solving an mystery.

The climax is boring.. No way the lead actor can do all the stuff of hiding evidence and tampering etc.. police will obviously have an eagle eye on him once they found concrete proof against him in police station.

Police gives him free run for 7 years then all of a sudden 1 mad police head officer opens up his file again.. makes no sense.

I liked the kerela version bit more, because it had that realistic feel, like getting over drunk, neighbor wife beating violence.. over getting drunk, the dubai return producer (kerela has strong relations with gulf countries), the hindi remake is just copy paste.. they did not even try changing anything.

I cant help but start having all such analyzing thoughts after watching a regular movie :D i mean i could let pass all the unrealistic elements in a fantasy movie.. like say Robot 2.0 - all phones joining together and making a huge vulture - does this make any sense ?- NO , is it Fun ?- YES

But i cant seem to enjoy any such non fantasy regular movie with unrealistic elements

Avatar 2 us just a glorified Visual spectacle with a zero story line and absolutely nil emotional connect. Plus it's so long that we can watch 2 movies in the same time. Few people left before movie even finished. Plus 3d gave us a headache. Not going to watch another Avatar again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, broksindri said:

But i cant seem to enjoy any such non fantasy regular movie with unrealistic elements

I mean, that's normal lol. 

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

Plus it's so long that we can watch 2 movies in the same time. 

Why watch one movie when you can watch two with the same time, amirite? 

9 hours ago, dante77 said:

How bad is phone bhoot? It's on prime, thinking of watching it for light fun but not sure how fun it will be. 

It's okay but very childish and cringy dialogues and the two lead actors are totally brainless in the movie.

Jaggu Dada is good.

23 hours ago, dante77 said:

How bad is phone bhoot? It's on prime, thinking of watching it for light fun but not sure how fun it will be. 

It's cringe worthy typical bollywood crap that tries to pretend it's something different. Avoid it.