Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, cyberpunk said:

Kang and MODOK

MCU is dead..they cant make a movie without mentioning "The Avengers", this kang character looks so rushed lol .. Zero backstory ..how on earth are fans supposed to connect with this character..like a black guy coming out of nowhere in blue green suit saying Yo i am thanos level supervillain. We only saw this guy once in loki finale ep and we all know how boring that ep was lol.

I got zero excitement watching this trailer.. while watching Infinity war first ever trailer when we got thanos first look..my excitement level was though the roof.

Marvel is becoming DC no backstory just watch new characters pop up on screen , it is a sinking ship which can only be saved if they revamp all their current plans and put some genius writers to work.

i think doable though considering unlimited money disney has

i think closest MCU got to its peak strength after endgame was Dr strange Multiverse of madness, it made theatre go wild during those cameo scenes.

i know most ppl hate that exact scene because wanda kills all, but wasnt that exactly the point of movie..of how mad and powerful she gets when her family is involved, and dr strange has to stop such powerful opponent.

I honestly loved it..it was the time when i felt Bennedict cumb will hold MCU just fine even without robert downey

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, broksindri said:

i think closest MCU got to its peak strength after endgame was Dr strange Multiverse of madness, it made theatre go wild during those cameo scenes.

i know most ppl hate that exact scene because wanda kills all, but wasnt that exactly the point of movie..of how mad and powerful she gets when her family is involved, and dr strange has to stop such powerful opponent.

I honestly loved it..it was the time when i felt Bennedict cumb will hold MCU just fine even without robert downey

Unrelated to this post and OT: Bhai tumhare purane account ka naam kya hai? You seem fishy to me! 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Kang and MODOK

I dont believe for a second that Kang is the big bad they got for this phase. He is just a big flashy misdirection. MCU feels weak at this point since they are throwing a lot of branches out there with no common connecting pattern like past. Thor is doing his thing with his daughter, gaurdians are out doing some bakchodi about rocket origins, spiderman ka kuch ata pata nahi, Dr. Strange almost f**ked up universe and now dunno which dimension he jumped into. So the big hook will be the reveal of the real villain of this phase whoever is behind the scenes all along and the branching paths of all character will collide in the Avengers 5. So only in the movies closer to that Avenger we will start seeing some sort of common pattern. My bet is on Galactus.

8 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Kang and MODOK

Not feeling this. Will go only if reviews are good. Also this just looks way too serious for an ant man movie. Ant man is the most chillest zoned out dude of the whole lot. Movie also should be like that. Like an MCU episode of the office. 

Edited by dylanjosh

2 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

I dont believe for a second that Kang is the big bad they got for this phase. He is just a big flashy misdirection. MCU feels weak at this point since they are throwing a lot of branches out there with no common connecting pattern like past. Thor is doing his thing with his daughter, gaurdians are out doing some bakchodi about rocket origins, spiderman ka kuch ata pata nahi, Dr. Strange almost f**ked up universe and now dunno which dimension he jumped into. So the big hook will be the reveal of the real villain of this phase whoever is behind the scenes all along and the branching paths of all character will collide in the Avengers 5. So only in the movies closer to that Avenger we will start seeing some sort of common pattern. My bet is on Galactus.

Galactus can't be big bad of entire phase 5. He can at best be a single movie villain. Galactus doesn't plan or plot anything. He just eats planets for survival unless he himself is threatened by higher power like Beyonder or attacked by someone like Annhilus.

Kang is one of the biggest Avengers villains. He can very well be the big bad of phase 5 along with maybe Dr Doom. I am thinking they are going with Secret wars storyline in future movies.

But since they have f**ked up almost all popular stories (even made Thanos seem half decent guy by changing his intentions of using gauntlet), I have no interest or hope from MCU.

Will watch everything on hotstar only if honest viewer reviews are good.

3 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

I dont believe for a second that Kang is the big bad they got for this phase. He is just a big flashy misdirection. MCU feels weak at this point since they are throwing a lot of branches out there with no common connecting pattern like past. 

I've said it many times before mcu is never gonna match that hype and excitement of those good old days. Everything before endgame was so well planned and coordinated. According to me not every movie of phase 1-3 is great, most of the movies are pretty average but all of them are well connected and thats the key.

I miss those days when i used to wait for the upcoming movies and keeping an eye on all rumors and leaked news by the Marvel's actors themselves in some interviews (btw that was the genius publicity tactics by the mcu) sala ab na movies good hai aur na hi waise days good rhe:samui:

New trailer seems much better than the earlier ones for Antman 3. But cautious after MoM, Thor4 and Wakanda Forever turned out mid despite trailer hype. 

Also, Antman 2 is the only movie ever which made me fall asleep in the theater :/

19 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

I miss those days when i used to wait for the upcoming movies and keeping an eye on all rumors and leaked news by the Marvel's actors themselves in some interviews (btw that was the genius publicity tactics by the mcu) sala ab na movies good hai aur na hi waise days good rhe:samui:

♥️

• Like 1