Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Watched Puss In Boots: The Last Wish. 

I liked it a lot. 

The animation was amazing. They took cues from spiderverse with the low frame rate style for action scenes.

The story was great too. Hits the emotional notes they go for.

The villain is really f**king good too. So menacing. Like Vader in Rogue One. 

8.5/10. Recommended.

Edited by dylanjosh

1 hour ago, Kumar123 said:

A movie like what? The box office collection of Babylon was extraordinarily abysmal, if you didn't know. Even the critics didn't love it despite it being a prestige film, so looks like it is a failure on all fronts.

It has a 7.5 on imdb and a 61% rating on metacritic. That is good on any metric.

A movie like Babylon which is a serious adult entertainer without any franchise/event movie type value. These type of movies used to earn good before streaming took over. Now, there is a very limited subset of movies for which people venture out to watch in theatres. Its not my opinion, its a fact. Go read articles, vox office reports, etc. I am not saying it is a great movie or anything like that. Just that for a movie like this, box office collections is the last metric you should use to suggest its quality. Especially today..

23 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I liked it a lot. 

The animation was amazing. They took cues from spiderverse with the low frame rate style for action scenes.

8.5/10. Recommended.

First one is also good. I watched the trailer and didn't like the low frame rate forced in this. But hopefully the movie proves me wrong. 

Also, didn't even know about this until I read it on this thread. sh*t marketing. And that is when I loved the movie!

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Part of the reason for the new style was to reduce the budget. A proper CG movie like the first one would have cost twice the amount it took to make this one.

The Pale Blue Eye is one of the prettiest and most engrossing movies you’ll watch all year. Fine investigative unwrapping, with a supporting actor, whose mannerisms and presence onscreen I can best compare to Devanand, who totally outshines Christian Bale.
Completely recommended. Watch without subtitles.

Edited by achilles
  • Like 1

Saw Avatar 2 again. Starting to get annoyed going to the theatre because of shitty people around. 

The guy next to me was farting the whole first half. Stinky sh*t. Every few minutes a stink bomb. 

Last time i went for a movie a kid behind me kept kicking my chair. 

Before that time, 2 teenage girls sitting next to me were on their phones for the whole movie. Gossiping about something and giggling through out. 

Starting to think it might be worth it to buy extra seats next to me and just keep them empty. :unsure:

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

I liked it a lot. 

8.5/10. Recommended.

Watched the two Puss in Boots movies back to back today and liked the first one more for some reason. Not a huge fan of the new low budget animation style. Full, proper CG makes the world feel more real while this style while beautiful, makes it feel like the movie is happening on a stage and there's nothing beyond what we see on the screen. Found the humour in the first movie to be better too. The dog was annoying. Hate characters like that.

Just got back from Pathaan. SRK. :wub: Deepika is hotness, redefined! John looks pretty cool, too and has his Dhoom vibes going on, as a villain. Not very menacing, but suave and lethal.

Pretty standard one-time-watch Bollywood movie. The story and the VFX are decent. Slightly over-the-top, but which movie isn't these days. Especially if the movie is part of the "Spy Universe" and all that. Super-glad that there was just the one song (Besharam Rang) in the movie, and even that has some story beats. Jhoome Jo Pathaan is part of the end-credits.

Bhai's cameo was okay'ish, too. Just the one fight scene. Bollywood fans will love the nods to Karan-Arjun and some of the banter between SRK and Salman.

And Shah Rukh will have a cameo in Tiger 3, confirmed! And YRF are totally building towards a big movie with SRK, Salman, and Hrithik, all in one movie.

But, to see a SRK movie on a big-screen after all these years... :wub:

Edited by VelivolusDas