Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Watched Banshees Of Inisherin. 

Really Liked it. It's a kinda weird small scale movie that's only about 2 people's friendship. The dialogue is really good and is my favourite part of the movie. There's a lot of humour in it. Colin Farrell is really good in his role. One of those performances where you stop seeing the actor and get lost in the character. Recommended watch but understand its more of a slice of life kinda thing. 

Watched The Menu. 

Been wanting to watch this for a long time. I enjoyed it but it got way too fantastical for me. Started getting difficult to suspend disbelief. Some parts you kind of have to piece together. Highlight of the movie is Ralph Fiennes. And it's always nice to look at Anya Taylor Joy. :wub:

Both these movies are on hotstar btw. I want to watch Spielbergs The Fabelmans but it's not on any service yet. 

Edited by dylanjosh

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Watched The Menu. 

Been wanting to watch this for a long time. I enjoyed it but it got way too fantastical for me. Started getting difficult to suspend disbelief. Some parts you kind of have to piece together. Highlight of the movie is Ralph Fiennes. And it's always nice to look at Anya Taylor Joy. :wub:

It is such a fantastic movie ! Excellent dark comedy and brilliant satire. 

Saw The Menu - Delicious!!! It's a Ralph Ralph Fiennes thoughtout! It's kind of a movie which you think only Ralph can do such a role or no one else. Casting is an ingredient and it makes the movie perfect when it is just right. 

Also, after finishing the movie, I quickly read about the message and theme of the movie and that made me appreciate it lot more. Although, the movie gave a lot of hint and I was somewhat getting the message but still read about it to clear mind. 

Guys I highly recommend reading a very simple version of it in here https://screenrant.com/the-menu-ending-explained/

This is written in simple and easy to understand words. You would appreciate the movie more after reading it. 

Of course a disclaimer to not open the link for those who has not seen it. 

8 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Saw M3GAN last night. Superb movie, loved it. Very creepy and entertaining till the end. I like movies like these where it's has a decent runtime and the pacing is just perfect. 

Yes after a long time a movie which utilizes its runtime perfectly. Not one boring moment or unnecessary fluff. The kids who played Cady and M3GAN are so good lol.

9 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Yes after a long time a movie which utilizes its runtime perfectly. Not one boring moment or unnecessary fluff. The kids who played Cady and M3GAN are so good lol.

Spoiler

Agreed, both their performances were excellent. It was hard to tell the kid playing M3GAN was an actual girl. The actress playing M3GAN is actually a trained gymnast and a contortionist, hence all those body twisting moves and stunts she did was on her own. It really gave that Child's Play movie vibe from the 80's but with the modern touch. That dance sequence really caught me off guard, it was sort of hilarious and weird at the same time. 

15 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Saw M3GAN last night. Superb movie, loved it. Very creepy and entertaining till the end. I like movies like these where it's has a decent runtime and the pacing is just perfect. 

My only gripe is there's nothing new in the movie if you've both the trailers. Except the last 10 mins. 

Enjoyed it, but there was no wow factor as trailers spoiled almost everything. 

5 hours ago, dante77 said:

Is it there

Yes. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

My only gripe is there's nothing new in the movie if you've both the trailers. Except the last 10 mins. 

Enjoyed it, but there was no wow factor as trailers spoiled almost everything. 

Seriously, people really need to learn how to make trailers. We're not asking for movie summary in 2 mins, just the basic plot. Even with that, I still had fun. The concept in itself was nothing new at all but the execution was very well done. It looks like they are already planning on a sequel. 

56 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

She looks really weird in The Menu and Amsterdam. Worst kind of makeover whatever this is called.

I noticed something was odd too but couldn't put my finger on it. She was so much more good looking in The Witch, even Split. 

Edited by gecko89