Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

11 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I noticed something was odd too but couldn't put my finger on it. She was so much more good looking in The Witch, even Split. 

Ya she looked great in Split. She probably did breast reduction surgery too.

8 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Buccal fat removal. It's the new beauty trend!

Sigh.

Pathan is such a fun watch. It's basically a bunch of action setpieces tied together by the usual WMD plot from most spy movies. The movie has this call of duty meets uncharted vibes throughout so much so that the train sequences in the film when bhai makes his cameo is directly ripped off scene for scene from the train sequence of uncharted lost legacy and 2 including the soldier having same color camo, weapons, guns, ending  etc. Won't be surprised if srk picked it himself as he's a huge PS gamer.

John is soooooo ??, SRK looks like a midget whenever he comes face to face with him. VFX is not that great in some scenes but action scenes are well done even if they're a bit OTT. Overall its a very enjoyable one time watch unlike the usual south remakes or agenda based drivel bollywood churns out week after week. 

10 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Pathan is such a fun watch. It's basically a bunch of action setpieces tied together by the usual WMD plot from most spy movies. The movie has this call of duty meets uncharted vibes throughout so much so that the train sequences in the film when bhai makes his cameo is directly ripped off scene for scene from the train sequence of uncharted lost legacy and 2 including the soldier having same color camo, weapons, guns, ending  etc. Won't be surprised if srk picked it himself as he's a huge PS gamer.

John is soooooo ??, SRK looks like a midget whenever he comes face to face with him. VFX is not that great in some scenes but action scenes are well done even if they're a bit OTT. Overall its a very enjoyable one time watch unlike the usual south remakes or agenda based drivel bollywood churns out week after week. 

SRK is a gamer? Thought he was a workaholic. 

M3gan 8/10

Thought it was pretty good, James Wan knows what script to support when it comes to horror, well horror comedy in this case.

Wakanda Forever 7/10

First one was excellent despite the shitty CG. Felt this one was just a good one time watch, last act they decided to just throw some sh*t in there. Angela Bassett delivers, Namor was meh. Shuri as black panther doesn't hold weight, (literally too) , but other than that she was great imo.

A generous friend asked me what I wanted as a gift, and wether I liked James Bond enough for the BR box set. I said, if you must, get me the Kubrick box set. I didn't think much of it then, but that's what I got in a few days, at home. That was about two months ago. 

I watched the first movie out of that box set on Friday, A Clockwork Orange. 

It is a weird film, with a dialect of English that I wouldn't have been able to get without subtitles. The words I mean. Tallyhoo, cheerio, piggly-wiggly, paddy waggles and such. Even if you don't catch every word, the meaning and subtext wouldn't be lost. If you're not familiar with Kubrick, a true auteur, this thing will come as quite the shock. 

The movie moves on through following an aggressive type young man, who's supposed to be in school, the mess he gets on about with his mates, art, the police, the government, some upstanding citizens who get caught in the shaggery of it all, and scientific experiments mixed and presented with dollops of nudity. 

The performances are excellent and quite bizarre, specially by Malcolm McDowell, who was better (and only) known to me as Sloan's dad. 

A Clockwork Orange is quirky enough to check out at least once. And if there's nothing else redeeming you find about Kubrick, you have to give in to the fact that the man knows his boobs, and he knows them well. A true connoisseur. 

7.5/10