Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

12 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Any other good movie releasing this month?

Have to use my free 2 tickets per month so if nothing else is coming will watch Ant Man.

The Fabelmans. Directed by Spielberg and is an Oscar contender. Already in theatres. 

Go watch that

Edited by dylanjosh

5 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Any other good movie releasing this month?

Have to use my free 2 tickets per month so if nothing else is coming will watch Ant Man.

"A Man Called Otto"

Saw it 2 days ago in theaters. It's an absolutely brilliant feel-good movie. Very good story and Tom Hanks is brilliant. It's based on a book called "A Man Named Ove"  I would encourage you and everyone to watch it. It's a brilliant movie.

Edited by roun90

20 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Binged on ‘the romantics’ on Netflix.  A documentary on Yash Chopra/Yash Raj films.  The first 2 episodes were good and the last 30 mins of the final episode was quite emotional.  The guy is truly a legend in Indian cinema.  After watching the series,I felt that we often talk of Hollywood directors when we talk of cinema but give little to no credit to Indian directors who actually had such a huge role to play in taking our Indian cinema to an industry level !  Hopefully we get to see more series about such Indian cinema legends !  Also pretty ironical that his last movie was titled ‘jab Tak hai jaan !!

+1. If you have grown up watching and loving classic bollywood movies (not the crap that gets peddled today), you owe yourself to watch this. It is a real heartfelt tribute to Yash Chopra and an intriguing look at what Yash Raj films have come to be today. 

Given the recluse Adi Chopra is, I always imagined him to be a hard taskmaster running the studio but the guy comes off as disarmingly honest and to the point when he talks about movies. Mr. Yash Chopra might be the genius filmmaker but it is Adi Chopra who is the mastermind behind the powerhouse that is Yash Raj Films. Pleasantly surprised with this. 

On 2/13/2023 at 4:16 PM, cyberpunk said:

Dope poster!

Isnt it funny how Cosmo was ignored by MCU , But now is on the poster lol. If anyone remembers he had a very very tiny appearance on screen in GOG1 where he was in captivity of collector.

Might be due to the video game ? Cosmo in that was one of the flagship character .. i loved that game so much..every character was fricking awesome and got to see them first time.. because MCU didnt even touch those characters yet.

Even the knowhere planet scene in recent christmas mini series was so much identical to the one shown in game. If youre a GOG fan .. the game is must play.

On 2/16/2023 at 9:28 AM, dylanjosh said:

The Fabelmans. Directed by Spielberg and is an Oscar contender. Already in theatres. 

Go watch that

Wife won't like that at all that's why picked Ant man.

On 2/16/2023 at 10:54 AM, LordSpymaster said:

From a credit card? Like a 1+1 offer or a straight out voucher for 2 free tickets? 

CC gives 2 free tickets every month.