Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

On 3/3/2023 at 1:25 PM, harsh1387 said:

And he did this 6 times for the perfect shot.

Our actors can't even dream of doing this.

It's unbelievable that the insurance & financing company is even letting him do this given the risks. In bollywood only Akshay used to do this & that too back before he was a big star. One of his  khiladi film has him on the plane several feet above the ground. Was a big story back then. Today the actors driving cars are also green screened. 

9 hours ago, KnackChap said:

It's unbelievable that the insurance & financing company is even letting him do this given the risks. In bollywood only Akshay used to do this & that too back before he was a big star. One of his  khiladi film has him on the plane several feet above the ground. Was a big story back then. Today the actors driving cars are also green screened. 

They cant even ride horses, baki bahot dur ki baat.

13 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Who knows if there's a connection between the insurance company and Scientology ? 

On 3/3/2023 at 6:13 PM, AtheK said:

well honestly does not equate, he might find the kick in doing it, not every one does. It's an unfair comparison. not that I am a bollywood actors fan, but It is ok if someone does not want to do it and let Professionals handle it.

No way I am dissing stars who don't do this. What I meant was he is absolutely passionate to do this.. In our industry except for Aamir I don't see any big stars being this passionate for their movie roles. And I don't mean just action stuff. And you got to have balls of steel to do all these stunts yourself being a Superstar. In the world of CGI and body doubles it's appreciative if someone is doing this. Top Gun Maverick remains my favorite for it's realistic shots. 

Jackie Chan used to do all his stunts. I remember after watching every movie of his I used to wait for end credits to see how he attempted all his stunts and how many times he got injured. 

5 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Am i the only one who finds the TMNT gang unbearably cringe? I hate the way they talk. What is that 90s skater surfer lingo 

Its taking inspiration from the original cartoon

A lot of the lingo in the series is surfer/skater lingo

watch a few of the og eps

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Its taking inspiration from the original cartoon

A lot of the lingo in the series is surfer/skater lingo

watch a few of the og eps

Yeah i know all of the adaptations are like this. I've always hated it.