Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

41 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Early impressions of every DC movie are good. Yet most of them turn out turds (Black Adam, WW89, etc)

Not really true and I am not sure when this narrative will change. 2 of the last 3 DC movies were great (The Batman and SS) and only 2 (Black Adam, WW 84) of the last 8-9 movies were bad. Rest were okish (Birds of Prey) or good to great (Shazam, SS, The Batman, Joker, Aquaman, Wonder Women, and JL Snyder Cut).

Edited by Sach4life
  • Like 2

On 3/13/2023 at 11:30 AM, SuperT said:

It was a fun watch and was quite layered, you'll either love it or hate it.

But yeah the competition was a little weak this year to be honest.

I guess the oscars should be renamed to Indie film awards :P

As much as I loved Everything Everywhere, it’s disappointing to see movies like Top Gun Maverick (that quite literally saved Hollywood after covid) not getting the due recognition. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Early impressions of Shazam are good 

When will people realize early impressions for every big studio movie is good? It has 65 on RT, could end up rotten once more reviews get added. Not looking good and it's barely selling tickets even for the opening weekend.

Edited by cyberpunk

44 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

When will people realize early impressions for every big studio movie is good? It has 65 on RT, could end up rotten once more reviews get added. Not looking good and it's barely selling tickets even for the opening weekend.

At least it is not as shitty as the recent Ant Man movie.

• Haha 3

Marvel sucks, what trash!

But the fact that people defend equally mid if not worse movie from DC is funny. Like Blech Adam and WW84. Superhero genre has become tiring af, it peaked with Infinity Saga(some exceptions being NWH and Shang-Chi) for Marvel and DC had 1-2 decent movies since TDKR more than a decade ago. It's interesting that John Wick 4, D&D and Scream VI will end up making more than Flopzam. Even audience is getting tired like critics are! 

Edited by cyberpunk

18 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Marvel sucks, what trash!

But the fact that people defend equally mid if not worse movie from DC is funny. Like Blech Adam and WW84. Superhero genre has become tiring af, it peaked with Infinity Saga(some exceptions being NWH and Shang-Chi) for Marvel and DC had 1-2 decent movies since TDKR more than a decade ago. It's interesting that John Wick 4, D&D and Scream VI will end up making more than Flopzam. Even audience is getting tired like critics are! 

Marvel and DC movies both suck but DC movies are still somewhat serious in nature than Marvel clownary so people are starting to move towards DC more.

1 hour ago, cyberpunk said:

Antman early impressions were garbage just like the movie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

Marvel and DC movies both suck but DC movies are still somewhat serious in nature than Marvel clownary so people are starting to move towards DC more.

Antman early impressions were garbage just like the movie.

Dude literally likes every shitty Marvel movie under the sun and thinks that there have been only 1-2 decent DC movies since TDKR :lol:

• Haha 1

" likes every shitty Marvel movie under the sun"

Lol difference is I found NWH to be 7/10, IW 8/10 and SC to be 6/10, while y'all will call em shitty. But stuff like Blech Adam, SS and WW84 are kino. :lol:  It's a fact that people are getting tired of the genre though and its way past its prime.

Edited by cyberpunk

1 minute ago, cyberpunk said:

" likes every shitty Marvel movie under the sun"

Lol difference is I found NWH to be 7/10 and SC to be 6/10, while y'all will call it shitty. But stuff like Blech Adam and WW84 are kino. :lol: 

What are you blabbering about? In the very first post on this page I called both BA and WW84 bad/shitty. In comparison, i have not seen a single post of yours not liking any Marvel movie that comes out :rofl:

2 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

No wonder, early reactions were from shills. It's tracking to open lower than freakin' Morbius. Another bomb for DC. Fanboys will defend it as usual but there's a reason why DCEU is getting rebooted in less than a decade. :lol: 

No one here still has any idea what you keep blabbering about :lol:

Apart from you, there is no one here who constantly shills for either of the brands. All the complaints and praises you would see here for either brand is based on the actual quality of the movies. No one here 'defended' Black Adam or WW84.

This reddit level sh*t that you are trying to find here to justify your own shilling is not here, move on. No one cares if Shazam 2 flops or is bad just like no one cared about Black Adam flopping either. It took one comment on Ant Man being shitty for you to go on a rant and you dare use the word fanboys for others :rofl:

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 7:28 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Looks pretty good. Halfway through the trailer and it's already spoiled though. 

Why ? WHHHHHHY ?

On 3/13/2023 at 8:02 PM, Big Boss said:

Ya entire movie was shown in trailer lol

Yeah I stopped halfway through to preserve some sense of surprise lol

On 3/16/2023 at 11:11 AM, Vamos said:

I guess the oscars should be renamed to Indie film awards :P

As much as I loved Everything Everywhere, it’s disappointing to see movies like Top Gun Maverick (that quite literally saved Hollywood after covid) not getting the due recognition. 

Don't get me wrong i liked that too, but the Oscars have a rule that if the movie is just a lot of fun and isn't super deep and layered it cannot make the cut.

Top Gun Maverick is the best movie I've seen in a theatre for a long, long while. 

• Like 1