STICK3Rboy

Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

13 minutes ago, adity said:

There's also Shazam. Really wholesome and funny movie. 

Remember watching that at the movies. 10% superhero,90% comedic genius.

Although its probably not the kind of thing my parents would like.

They'd probably like something more serious I guess. 

But if Shazam is on Netflix/Prime, I'll see if they wanna give it a watch.

12 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Am more surprised that violence/cursing/drug usage is okay but nudity isn't. 

Technically anything works, but the no nudity thing is for me. Its kinda embarrassing with my parents next to me.

They're aren't any barriers as such. Like if you cut out the nudity and sex scenes from Wolf of Wall Street it would be fine.

(Picked something thats up there in terms of drug use and cursing) 

29 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

As for family friendly movie - Paddington 1 and 2. Absolute joy to watch for all. 

I've seen the first one myself.

Will try to watch both, my family would probably enjoy these. Thanks! 

Has anybody seen Whiplash? (JK Simmons, Miles Teller)

I don't think I should have any trouble with that one if I watch with my family....

Edited by Chirag2001

so i followed this list (cuz bored af) :

watched:

Terrifier - ok

Officer Downe - good

watching - Spring Breakers - it's different so far, not boring i would say

i so so feel these movies are totally B Grade (maybe they are, lel)

30 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I've seen the first one myself.

Will try to watch both, my family would probably enjoy these. Thanks! 

Has anybody seen Whiplash? (JK Simmons, Miles Teller)

I don't think I should have any trouble with that one if I watch with my family....

Whiplash is one of my favorites. No nudity or anything but it can get kinda heavy. Really dope movie.

16 minutes ago, adity said:

Whiplash is one of my favorites. No nudity or anything but it can get kinda heavy. Really dope movie.

Perfect. Will watch this tomorrow. Its the kind of thing my family would like too.

The premise is pretty unique, and JK Simmons got an oscar for it, so I'm sure its gonna be good. 

Thanks for the heads up :) 

Whiplash is so good. Maybe not watch it with family though. Indian parents are probably gonna watch that and be like "That JK Simmons is a pretty good teacher. Wish teachers at my kids school were like that." :/ 

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

Whiplash is so good. Maybe not watch it with family though. Indian parents are probably gonna watch that and be like "That JK Simmons is a pretty good teacher. Wish teachers at my kids school were like that." :/ 

One of my favourite movies ever, but I have a different view on the sociopath. Terrence Fletcher as a teacher has a place in society. Students like Andrew (Miles) who want to be the best in the world, they can't do so without teachers like Fletcher. 

Or, put another way, you can't have world beaters without people like Fletcher pushing the living daylight out of your soul.

9 hours ago, achilles said:

One of my favourite movies ever, but I have a different view on the sociopath. Terrence Fletcher as a teacher has a place in society. Students like Andrew (Miles) who want to be the best in the world, they can't do so without teachers like Fletcher. 

Or, put another way, you can't have world beaters without people like Fletcher pushing the living daylight out of your soul.

That's fine but I don't want to be decapitated by a flying cymbal if I miss a beat :P

11 hours ago, achilles said:

Haven't seen it yet, but I do know the premise essentially. 

Idk it sounds really good. 

12 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Hahaha not a worry, my school teachers are pretty friendly 

This is just the kind of movie we'd like tbh

Spiderman to Whiplash, probably the weirdest transition ever in terms of character. 

Any other serious movie recs? Again, no to nudity and torture. 

I was thinking The Social Network, its one of my favourites but I'm not sure if my parents will like it. 

From recent:

• Sonic
  • Aladdin
  • Ford v Ferrari
  • Murder Mystery
  • Playing with Fire 
  • Zombieland: Double Tap 
  • Always Be My Maybe
  • Shazam
  • Dora and the Lost City of Gold 

All can be watched with family. Dora is very kid friendly and can be meh if you don't know Dora.

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

That's fine but I don't want to be decapitated by a flying cymbal if I miss a beat :P

The mental and emotional trauma which Fletcher so generously gives hurts a lot more in the long run. 

45 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

From recent:

• Sonic
  • Aladdin
  • Ford v Ferrari
  • Murder Mystery
  • Playing with Fire 
  • Zombieland: Double Tap 
  • Always Be My Maybe
  • Shazam
  • Dora and the Lost City of Gold 

All can be watched with family. Dora is very kid friendly and can be meh if you don't know Dora.

Ooh Playing with Fire is the one where John Cena plays the firefighter right? This'll be good. 

I really like his sense humour and how he can pull off funny lines and jokes with a straight face.

I did watch Ford v Ferrari in the theatres, but I don't think its on any streaming service yet or we'd watch that as I liked it quite a bit.

Anyway plenty of movies to watch haha, thanks guys :) 

Angrezi medium was pretty good. Light hearted throughout with a pinch of emotional drama. Loved it.

Irfan khan. What an actor :majesty:

Just saw IT Chapter 2. Brilliant stuff. Liked it more than first one. Gradually everyone is introduced which is done amazingly by connecting the younger ones. Pennywise utilized pretty well. Scares, delusions and chills were good fun too. Amazing. 

Edited by hope

6 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Hey he got on tempo, didn't he? :P 

4 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Any other serious movie recs? Again, no to nudity and torture. 

I was thinking The Social Network, its one of my favourites but I'm not sure if my parents will like it. 

Social Network is really good, but Sorkin movies have a lot of dialog. Can put some people off. 

My recommendations: 

My Cousin Vinny

Gully boy

Padmaavat

The Godfather

The Prestige

Snatch

Maqbool

Rocky I, II, III, IV

The Martian

Baby Driver

Dedh Ishqiya