Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

2 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Always found TDKR to be an overstuffed mess and lot of scenes just makes no sense. Begins is the only one that feels like a Batman movie.  The action and fight choreography in these movies are really bad. Let superheros be superheros and do superhero things for once. 

Yes agreed with this. TDKR was not a good movie. Loved it when it was released due to fanboy goggles and overall atmosphere in the theater crowd, but now it just doesn't make any sense. Its neither a good movie nor a good superhero movie. The directors of DC movies just don't get the DC superheroes. They just read a few popular comics of one hero and base their own idea around that single issue.  

This guy explains the problems with DC heroes really well. DC needs to carefully select their directors. Rather than big names, they need to go for comic book fanboys like Russo Brothers. They know their sh*t.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Amen. Best spiderman movies and the best spiderman.

Maybe its just me, but I like Garfield's portrayal of Spiderman better, and I feel the original trilogy had more cringe moments.

Maybe its not comic accurate, I guess Peter is all nerdy in the comics, and Garfield is just too cool to play Peter Parker, but I don't mind the twist. 

Spiderman has always been a bit heavy on the romance, the girlfriend is pretty important (as we see in all 3 iterations) and this scene sold me:

And for the female lead, I'd take Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy over Kirsten Dunst anyday.

Edited by Chirag2001

How much good was the first part, the second part was so much more worse.

The old scenario was still good but no sense or relation with the new era which was a cluttered mess, no direction in the movie.

Sara Ali Khan : extremely poor acting and doesn't look good either.

and that blouse scene was so stupid - she says that she opened her blouse  (just before the interview) for herself and to impress so that she feels confident, it is the interviewer's problem that he is affected by it.

Imitiaz Ali can make great and sh*t movies.

Edited by GunnerY2J
  • Haha 1

Rewatched Sholay after 12 years maybe or more.

Thought would be very slow and boring.

Was slow and felt long but still entertaining and has plenty of moments,

Script is solid, gabbar is amazing - Thakur's reveal of his back story - you are bound to hate gabbar and still love his lines.

and jai death scene still remains emotional and Thakur's dialogues are cheesy but epic and the action isn't bad even for today, 

Along with slight comedy and romance, the movie has everything.

Iconic movie, don't know if someone watches it for the first time now but would catch one's interest for sure if he/she manages to give it a chance till halfway.

Edited by GunnerY2J

The new Love Aaj Kal is super-boring. Both Kartik Aryan and Sara Ali Khan are duds. It's boring much like some other Imtiaz Ali movies. The only ones I like are Jab We Met and Rockstar (even that is slow, but I still sorta like it).

Don't even see the need for remaking a movie that's not even that old. Pathetic.

6 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

The new Love Aaj Kal is super-boring. Both Kartik Aryan and Sara Ali Khan are duds. It's boring much like some other Imtiaz Ali movies. The only ones I like are Jab We Met and Rockstar (even that is slow, but I still sorta like it).

Don't even see the need for remaking a movie that's not even that old. Pathetic.

2 was a money grab title.

Love Aaj kal 1 was great, not as good as jab we met but still so good.(although I prefer re-watch value of love aaj kal more)

The old scenario was  touching and was matched so well with the new and nice pacing and switching between new and old.

Rishi Kapoor was so perfect for it, and only saif could play characters like in hum tum and love aaj kal.

I don't remember most of it but socha Na tha was good as well, need to watch it.

9 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Highway is nice, if you haven't watched already. Alia and Randeep's performance especially, are too good.

Watched namastey England, was coming on TV so watched it just because of its name.

And it's another classic movie name used to make a crap movie.
Nothing good about the movie at all,trash script and execution and no charm or one decent moment.

Also, Arjun Kapoor shouldn't be a hero in any role.

9 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Watched namastey England, was coming on TV so watched it just because of its name.

And it's another classic movie name used to make a crap movie.
Nothing good about the movie at all,trash script and execution and no charm or one decent moment.

Also, Arjun Kapoor shouldn't be a hero in any role.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7607940/

Has a 1.8 rating. DAMN. Wonder if it goes lower that that.

How did u even watch that? :mellow:

25 minutes ago, Mizanurification said:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7607940/

Has a 1.8 rating. DAMN. Wonder if it goes lower that that.

How did u even watch that? :mellow:

Fast forwarding helps and wanted to check out how things change which had no impact and ending was equally bad.

Being named after namstey London was the booster I had to watch it. (Same like love aaj kal 2 which was still better against this)

But I don't think it's a worse movie than race 3, housefull 3 or 4, tees maar Khan etc, can't think of anything else which have watched for 15 minutes at least.

Edited by GunnerY2J

2 hours ago, Right said:

Losing Irrfan feels very personal.

Such a nice bloke and fine actor, he made me buy a lot of Syska LEDs.

ditto

such a gem of an actor....ohh and the LED's part t00 :puspa: