Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

20 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The amount of craft that goes into movies is incredible. 

There must be hundreds of Hugo Weaving masks stored somewhere to this day. It would be amazing and a bit creepy if multiple Agent Smiths start showing up around the world. 

Just finished watching Saint Maud and I'm f**king blown away (and a bit freaked out too)!

It's a psychological thriller in the same vein as Taxi Driver, and for my money, is right up there along with it. The direction, the cinematography, and the bass-heavy BGM are all phenomenal and do a great job of creating a sense of claustrophobic uneasiness that got even more heightened with me watching it this late at night with the headphones on. Would recommend doing the same to get the most out of it.

Of course, if you aren't into A24's artsy, slow-burn, horror-type sh*t, then this probably won't be for you. But movies like these are my f**king jam and this one here is a proper masterpiece! Absolutely loved it and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for whatever the director, Rose Glass, does next. Would've snagged the blu-ray too, but sadly it isn't available here :|

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the incredible mood and atmosphere. It reminded me of Under the Skin and it's just *chef's kiss*.

3sBuTfI.jpg

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 12:32 PM, roun90 said:

The original IMAX Adlabs in India - which is sadly dead. The IMAX Dome in Wadala, which was one of the only 5-10 IMAXs in entire Asia at the time. It offered almost 360° movie views and was breath-taking. It was something like this -

imax-adlabs-500x500.jpg

(The above was the actual Wadala Theater)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGGGTVwLoTLBg8F-2aSVu

omnitheater-opt-5.jpeg

(The movie is not from Wadala Theater, but the experience was similar).

It showed mainly documentaries and movies actually custom made for IMAX. Last commercial movie I saw there was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Sadly, Anil Ambani came and Reliance took over. They boarded up the Dome and converted it into a normal IMAX (Not even a great one at that). 

Now it's like this -

maxresdefault.jpg

Then Carnival took over after Anil Ambani went bankrupt -

maxresdefault.jpg

Problem is, it's now a flat screen. The original dome was the height of an almost 5 Floor Building. eating was such that you used to lay almost on your back and watch a 360° movie with original IMAX clarity. You look down, you were almost afraid you will fall.

Now it's meh. I miss that original IMAX Dome experience.

Man....missed this.....i remember my dad taking me here for 'Mysteries of Egypt' documentary... That time, ticket costed 450rs for a 45min documentary.....the overall experience was breathtaking.

Two experience I missed from my childhood and was way ahead of its time in India was....

1) The Imax Dome theatre experience

2) Belapur - Gateway of India hovercraft service (One side journey was 100rs)

Really missed these two things, my father took me through these amazing experiences but sadly I can't take my kiddo for these experiences. 

• Like 1

Watched a couple of Indian movies over the weekend:

Pushpa - watched the Telugu version on Amazon prime video.  The movie was good, excellent performances, good music and enough drama to keep the narrative engaging.  Length Could've been shortened by some 15 mins though.  The intro of the main villain seemed really out of place and could've been done in the sequel.  

Chandigarh kare Aashiqui - A very mature film that speaks about a very sensitive topic in quite a mature way.  I think Ayushman khurana is one of the best current gen actors around and his choice of movies really speaks about his versatility.

Saw Atrangi Re a week ago as well.  Very novel concept and handled in a very light hearted way.  For some reason the music just didn't click for me.

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Chandigarh kare Aashiqui - A very mature film that speaks about a very sensitive topic in quite a mature way.  I think Ayushman khurana is one of the best current gen actors around and his choice of movies really speaks about his versatility.

I liked the concept, but useless songs thrown in between. 

Also, the sub plot is pretty generic - family doesn't accept the boy/girl, dad gets hospitalized, everyone accepts everyone now. 

Could have been better, but the portrayal of Chandigarh macho dudes is on point. And GOAT. :rofl:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

Done with Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021).

Phoebe and Podcast were very good. Easily the best part of the movie. Podcast could have been an annoying sidekick but nope, he ended up playing his role perfectly. Shortround vibes.

Egon stuff was handled very well. Almost teary towards the end. 

The particle effects and CGI was very good as well. Didn't like Gozer but the rest were fine. The marshmallows were so cute. 

Enjoyed the movie. :thumbsup:

• Like 1