Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Watched dil chahta hai randomly not sure which number of time, still holds so good, such beautiful movie, timeless classic.

And all we get is absolute gutter level garbage now, I honestly don't even remember when did we get a good Bollywood movie last.

Edited by AtheK

24 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Watched dil chahta hai randomly not sure which number of time, still holds so good, such beautiful movie, timeless classic.

And all we get is absolute gutter level garbage now, I honestly don't even remember when did we get a good Bollywood movie last.

3 idiots, Dangal, M.S. Dhoni, Bajrangi Bhaijan, Chhichore, Kai Po Che, Piku, Highway… the last movies that I’d watch multiple times

8 hours ago, AtheK said:

I’d watch welcome or phir hera pheri back to back than any of the newest crap.

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

I’d watch welcome or phir hera pheri back to back than any of the newest crap.

I think my most watched Bollywood movie would be Chupke Chupke, followed by Bawarchi, and then any Amol Palekar + Utpal Dutt combination. 

Nothing beats those movies. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Aercy said:

3 idiots, Dangal, M.S. Dhoni, Bajrangi Bhaijan, Chhichore, Kai Po Che, Piku, Highway… the last movies that I’d watch multiple times

Even if I agree with that list, maybe few of them I don't but still if you see the last good one probably released atleast 3-4 years back from that list.

32 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think my most watched Bollywood movie would be Chupke Chupke, followed by Bawarchi, and then any Amol Palekar + Utpal Dutt combination. 

Can watch the old Govinda movies multiple times. What a terrific actor both in comic and non comic roles and his combo with kadar khan + shakti Kapoor and Johny lever is still unmatched. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

16 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Even if I agree with that list, maybe few of them I don't but still if you see the last good one probably released atleast 3-4 years back from that list.

6 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Can watch the old Govinda movies multiple times. What a terrific actor both in comic and non comic roles and his combo with kadar khan + shakti Kapoor and Johny lever is still unmatched. 

All in all old movies are good, comedy movies did not have to be relied on adult jokes. current movies are crap esp. comedy with trash actors trying hard to do comedy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

All in all old movies are good, comedy movies did not have to be relied on adult jokes. current movies are crap esp. comedy with trash actors trying hard to do comedy.

Some Govinda's movies can be construed as sexual assualt tbh. Most 90s movies suffered from this issue. Stalking, cat calling, borderline assault. 

Some old movies also had this issue, but the 90s took it to another level. 

• Like 1