Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

5 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Paul Dano as The Riddler. Love this look.

c6YHsyo.jpg

inspired by the zodiac killer

Watched a couple of Indian movies over the weekend:

Pushpa - watched the Telugu version on Amazon prime video.  The movie was good, excellent performances, good music and enough drama to keep the narrative engaging.  Length Could've been shortened by some 15 mins though.  The intro of the main villain seemed really out of place and could've been done in the sequel.  

Chandigarh kare Aashiqui - A very mature film that speaks about a very sensitive topic in quite a mature way.  I think Ayushman khurana is one of the best current gen actors around and his choice of movies really speaks about his versatility.

Saw Atrangi Re a week ago as well.  Very novel concept and handled in a very light hearted way.  For some reason the music just didn't click for me.

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Chandigarh kare Aashiqui - A very mature film that speaks about a very sensitive topic in quite a mature way.  I think Ayushman khurana is one of the best current gen actors around and his choice of movies really speaks about his versatility.

I liked the concept, but useless songs thrown in between. 

Also, the sub plot is pretty generic - family doesn't accept the boy/girl, dad gets hospitalized, everyone accepts everyone now. 

Could have been better, but the portrayal of Chandigarh macho dudes is on point. And GOAT. :rofl:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

Done with Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021).

Phoebe and Podcast were very good. Easily the best part of the movie. Podcast could have been an annoying sidekick but nope, he ended up playing his role perfectly. Shortround vibes.

Egon stuff was handled very well. Almost teary towards the end. 

The particle effects and CGI was very good as well. Didn't like Gozer but the rest were fine. The marshmallows were so cute. 

Enjoyed the movie. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djdgr8 said:

Imax isn't available on Hotstar yet.

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Black bars 

Will it be available any time soon? When do you think IMAX on Hotstar may be available?

4 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Will it be available any time soon? When do you think IMAX on Hotstar may be available?

They said its gonna come to hotstar but didn't give any date. Could be tomorrow or could take months honestly.

• Like 1

Watched Eternals . . the 4K IMAX HDR version :D

Went in without much expectations because of the reviews . . . aaaaand it was actually pretty good.

Flawed but definitely not the worst in MCU, I'd give it a 7-7.5/10.

• Like 1