Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Don't Look Up is brilliant. It's so depressingly funny. The entire climate change crisis represented in an accelerated period. Love how it shits on the fake futurism of billionaires. 

The world is going to sh*t, politicians are assholes and billionaires aren't going to save us. 

Moral of the story - Eat the rich

Saw Eternals. Average stuff. Takes itself way too seriously. 6.8/10. 

Seems like it will be important to the MCU though. Seemed to hint at a sequel and spin-off and opens the door for celestial beings like Galactus. 

Edited by dylanjosh

9 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Saw Eternals. Average stuff. Takes itself way too seriously. 6.8/10. 

Seems like it will be important to the MCU though. Seemed to hint at a sequel and spin-off and opens the door for celestial beings like Galactus. 

It could have been good, the movie definitely had some pretty scenes. Sadly the story just got too weird, imo.

The Tragedy of Macbeth - Superb performance and amazing visuals all around. Kathryn Hunter as the witch creeped me to no end. The performance reminded me of Gollum. This movie creates a mood like no other. I watched it late last night and the whole thing came off as a surreal dream. The stage tsetting and some of the scene transitions are superb. Feels like you are actually watching a play in amazing sets. Did I say the The visuals are **chef's kiss**.?Your OLEDS will love you. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

The Tragedy of Macbeth - Superb performance and amazing visuals all around. Kathryn Hunter as the witch creeped me to no end. The performance reminded me of Gollum. This movie creates a mood like no other. I watched it late last night and the whole thing came off as a surreal dream. The stage tsetting and some of the scene transitions are superb. Feels like you are actually watching a play in amazing sets. Did I say the The visuals are **chef's kiss**.?Your OLEDS will love you. 

As amazingly well-made as the film is, I couldn't really connect with it because of the Shakespearean language. I know that's a problem with me and not a problem with the film itself.

Still, the absolutely f**king drop-dead gorgeous visuals and set design as well as the strong performances were enough to make me stick with it to the end even though half the dialogue went over my head :lol:

3 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

As amazingly well-made as the film is, I couldn't really connect with it because of the Shakespearean language. I know that's a problem with me and not a problem with the film itself.

Still, the absolutely f**king drop-dead gorgeous visuals and set design as well as the strong performances were enough to make me stick with it to the end even though half the dialogue went over my head :lol:

This one brought back memories of my school teacher drilling shakespeare into my head :lol:…some days those were

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dante77 said:

Your biography after a long time. It sucked a*s man! Just like your whole life!

mui suk azz kyf

ijj mui suk azz lyf

nun uff ewr suk azz lyf

:happydance:

etleest mui hej muvi, u gut nun....butthurt ni**a ijj butthurt :wOOtjumpy:

anyhu, Saw Cunjuring Devil made me do it, umm, good i should say the least 

• Sad 1

Loved the Eternals 8.5/10 especially since this was a introductory movie, family members also enjoyed 

Excellent Thena by Angelina, reminded me of the intensity of Captain America

Celestials scenes were fantastic especially the last one of A. Very cosmic and exciting 

Looking forward to the next one in the series 

17 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Loved the Eternals 8.5/10 especially since this was a introductory movie, family members also enjoyed 

Excellent Thena by Angelina, reminded me of the intensity of Captain America

Celestials scenes were fantastic especially the last one of A. Very cosmic and exciting 

Looking forward to the next one in the series 

I liked the concept, but the battles didn't seem high stakes. 

They defeated the celestial so easily (cool Celestial concept though). I hope the sequel puts in more effort. 

Regarding Eternals, I don’t get the concept of robots having emotions and disabilities. I mean they are built to stop deviants so celestials should have given them the best tools except for the evolution. why would only the prime eternal knows the true mission. Karan is the most annoying character imo. Unnecessary valet. 

I give it 4/10, one of few low quality Marvel movies

Edited by Mysteryman

@Mysteryman  spoiler tag that.. its a big reveal in the movie 

Spoiler

did a bit of googling. its possible that her deafness came from side effect of her speedster power. maybe a sonic boom caused it. celestial may have decided that having someone with speed brings more value to the team and is worth sacrificing her hearing for 

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

@Mysteryman  spoiler tag that.. its a big reveal in the movie 

Reveal hidden contents

did a bit of googling. its possible that her deafness came from side effect of her speedster power. maybe a sonic boom caused it. celestial may have decided that having someone with speed brings more value to the team and is worth sacrificing her hearing for 

I can’t seem to find the spoiler tag from the mobile version. If mods can add the spoiler tag, it would be great. 

As for your reason, I thought it is some mandatory diversity thing. 

30 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Regarding Eternals, I don’t get the concept of robots having emotions and disabilities. I mean they are built to stop deviants so celestials should have given them the best tools except for the evolution. why would only the prime eternal knows the true mission. Karan is the most annoying character imo. Unnecessary valet. 

I give it 4/10, one of few low quality Marvel movies

Yeah. I agree. Eternals ideally should be like emotionless robots. Kill the deviants, and help the populace evolve. Those are their 2 basic jobs. 

Why the heck where they given a pure human liking, with emotions ? Heck, they were given genitalia and can feel love, romance and orgasm ? 

Arishem f**ked up. First with deviants, then with Eternals. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Maybe there was an element of that, who knows, but she's deaf in the comics too

I don’t know. It seems that Makkari is originally a man and there is no mention of his deafness anywhere per wiki. Maybe they added a female version with disability later. 

3 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

I don’t know. It seems that Makkari is originally a man and there is no mention of his deafness anywhere per wiki. Maybe they added a female version with disability later. 

LIWNALC.png 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

LIWNALC.png 

10 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

It literally happened in 2021 AFAIK, to commemorate the movie and streamline the characters. Before that, Makkari was a male. 

Basically, the comic was changed for the movie. :lol: