Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Scream

Surprisingly fun, credits to the writers for keeping it fresh on the franchise's 5th outing, and with the original cast too.

Red Rocket

Indie Comedy Drama, with that guy from Scary Movie 3 in the lead, dude can act, got best male lead Independent Awards this year for this role.

Saw 83. Brilliant movie. Some stupid and unnecessary melodrama but it's not much. Excellent performances, cinematography, everything was awesome. I am just glad that I experienced at least one world cup victory in lifetime. Otherwise won't have experienced the joy people experienced in 1983.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Saw 83. Brilliant movie. Some stupid and unnecessary melodrama but it's not much. Excellent performances, cinematography, everything was awesome. I am just glad that I experienced at least one world cup victory in lifetime. Otherwise won't have experienced the joy people experienced in 1983.

We watched it here too, the whole family together. Good, wholesome, inspiring. Typical Kabir Khan tropes are in full swing here, the whole moment with melodramatic overtures indicating significance, and there are many of them. Plus the music's really lacking. But this is a story that needed to be told. More so because of the state of India at the time, and the unlikelihood of that team getting anywhere. Kapil Dev is as inspiring a character as they come, and I'm glad the movie focussed more on that. 

Goes to show how one person with belief can be the driving force behind something great. (There's a reason why Dhoni's team won the cup, and not Kohli's, even though the team was way stronger on paper). 

Ranveer Singh is also a part of that "as good as they come" club. One of the finest actors in the world today, and he's done really well. A few feel-good cameos, and a feel-good narrative. This would've been a monster at the BO in normal times. 

This is the kind of movie where you'd want "extras" as they are in DVDs/BRs. OTTs are severely lacking in this aspect. This one was also weirdly only 1080p and the sound mixing was not upto the mark. Watched it on Netflix. 

---------------------

Also watched Deep Water on Prime. Affleck, De Armas, the director of Fatal Attraction & Indecent Proposal, and an A rating. :naughty:

A weird film, in a good way, with exceptional performances but a slow and dreadful end. The whole movie feels like it is building up to something, but, infact, not. It's more of a womp womp (sad trombone) ending. Avoid. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, achilles said:

We watched it here too, the whole family together. Good, wholesome, inspiring. Typical Kabir Khan tropes are in full swing here, the whole moment with melodramatic overtures indicating significance, and there are many of them. Plus the music's really lacking. But this is a story that needed to be told. More so because of the state of India at the time, and the unlikelihood of that team getting anywhere. Kapil Dev is as inspiring a character as they come, and I'm glad the movie focussed more on that. 

Goes to show how one person with belief can be the driving force behind something great. (There's a reason why Dhoni's team won the cup, and not Kohli's, even though the team was way stronger on paper). 

Ranveer Singh is also a part of that "as good as they come" club. One of the finest actors in the world today, and he's done really well. A few feel-good cameos, and a feel-good narrative. This would've been a monster at the BO in normal times. 

This is the kind of movie where you'd want "extras" as they are in DVDs/BRs. OTTs are severely lacking in this aspect. This one was also weirdly only 1080p and the sound mixing was not upto the mark. Watched it on Netflix. 

---------------------

Also watched Deep Water on Prime. Affleck, De Armas, the director of Fatal Attraction & Indecent Proposal, and an A rating. :naughty:

A weird film, in a good way, with exceptional performances but a slow and dreadful end. The whole movie feels like it is building up to something, but, infact, not. It's more of a womp womp (sad trombone) ending. Avoid. 

Haven't seen the movie so can't comment on that but the movie not working at the BO had nothing to do with COVID and more to do with people having limited interest in watching it.

3 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Haven't seen the movie so can't comment on that but the movie not working at the BO had nothing to do with COVID and more to do with people having limited interest in watching it.

Movie release date: December 24. First (Omicron) restriction/lockdown: Jan 2. :/

Personally too, I knew I wanted to watch this move but didn't go prophylactically. 

7 minutes ago, achilles said:

Movie release date: December 24. First (Omicron) restriction/lockdown: Jan 2. :/

Personally too, I knew I wanted to watch this move but didn't go prophylactically. 

Both Spiderman and Pushpa released at the same time and did excellent business across India. Omnicron hardly had any impact on BO, especially not to the extent makes would want people to believe. Big thing is that 83 crashed right after first few days. 

3 hours ago, achilles said:

Just google 83 movie propaganda and you will find many articles about it. Probably that is the reason it didn't make money. And some of the stuff shown in the movie is definitely absurd (border stuff, riots) Totally unnecessary and laughably stupid.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

This is such a good scene.

Loving Joker's look, and Barry Keoghan's showing real promise too.

With respect to your opinion … what pathetic pile of crap was this!! Good they deleted it

5 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Just google 83 movie propaganda and you will find many articles about it. Probably that is the reason it didn't make money. And some of the stuff shown in the movie is definitely absurd (border stuff, riots) Totally unnecessary and laughably stupid.

Haha, you really think so? Didn't feel like that to me. They were both feel-good moments, with the subtext of cricket, or sport, surpassing hate and uniting all. Also these articles are a rupee-a dozen. 

Maybe the movie didn't generate hype enough to get audiences to the theatre in the opening weekend, but not a single person i know has said that the movie wasn't worth their time. It didn't get an opportunity to ride the word-of-mouth wave. Again, i was genuinely interested in watching it but avoided going to the theatre due to prevalent COVID scare, and have been eagerly awaiting OTT release since. 

Anyway. Doesn't matter. 

On 3/19/2022 at 1:59 PM, hope said:

One side was shown till now bro, this is the other side of the Story now. 

Logical conclusion is forgone now coz the truth was hidden in deep ground. Now only extreme will work. 

Its not overburdening the past, its acknowledging it and taking action so that history doesn't repeat itself. 

This Film needs to be seen by everyone. Not to be hidden. 

so nicely articulated, Hope.:hi2:

On 3/22/2022 at 9:14 AM, Felix the cat said:

This f**king movie made only for hate,

There are thousand of ways they can narrate the story.

movies on Holocaust are the real deal (truth must be told, blah blah blah), Oh movie on KP (I tell u it's only for spreading hatred towards peaceful's. just patch up and move on).

• Like 1