Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

10 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

There's a 20-odd minute 'making of' video of The Batman also available on Apple TV.

BTW, quick question (OT): Somehow I'm not getting the option to add credit/debit card information on my Apple ID. The only options I get as Payment Methods are UPI and Netbanking. And through those options, to add funds to the Apple Wallet.

Spoke to Apple support. The chat-advisor wasn't able to fix it and asked me to call.

Has Apple removed the option to add credit/debit cards entirely? If so, I can't seem to find any news about it.

Yup they did. Add funds to apple and subscribe from there. 

Happened with the new regulations from RBI. Apple sent mails informing to add funds through apple id if you want to pay for any of the services as the cards may get declined. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

5 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Not while watching.

I could tell that those oldies were just younger people in makeup, and the woman somehow seemed oddly familiar. So I checked online to see who the actress really was and found out that it was the leading lady, Mia Goth, herself :P

Pretty cool.

I also read that they've already finished filming a prequel with her. Looking forward to that.

Apparently its teaser was shown after the credits in theaters.

I found it when i was browsing through IMDB but you really cant tell it was her. 

I feel this works good enough for a standalone movie. Making it a franchise is a  dumb move. 

On 4/18/2022 at 11:41 PM, cyberpunk said:

80s vibe is strong!

Also, straight from the comics

thor-love-and-thunder-god-of-thunder-fal

I suggest yall read the God of Thunder run by Jason Aaron.

Asad Ribics work is just straight ?

On 4/18/2022 at 10:48 PM, achilles said:

Related: how does it compare to the book? 

One of the few examples where the movie deviates from the book a lot - and they're both awesome. Kind of like Jurassic Park. 

Def do recommend reading the book still as its one of King's best. 

On 4/18/2022 at 11:22 PM, gecko89 said:

Also, apparently a sequel is already in development. 

Oh fantastic. I love these Poirot movies eagerly waiting for the next one.

• Thanks 1

Finally saw the batman yesterday. Aesthetic and all was great, the movie was a good crime movie but a poor batman movie. Robert Pattinson looks fine as Batman, but holy cow batman was behaving completely out of character. Forget the bullet sponge thing, when did batman start holding a candle and lead people in a dandi march and  getting pics clicked publically:mellow:

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2022 at 12:06 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Dr. Strange ticket prices are insane. IMAX 3D in South Delhi going for 900 bucks and normal going for 600, i.e. before any fees.

And still the seats are getting filled.

Ek hi movie se covid loss squeeze kar lenge yeh, this was not even the case with Spiderman.

Better buy PVR stock.

That's why I prefer watching in second week when IMAX prices are back to regular ones. 

11 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Finally saw the batman yesterday. Aesthetic and all was great, the movie was a good crime movie but a poor batman movie. Robert Pattinson looks fine as Batman, but holy cow batman was behaving completely out of character. Forget the bullet sponge thing, when did batman start holding a candle and lead people in a dandi march and  getting pics clicked publically:mellow:

That was a literal 'beacon of hope' metaphor.

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

That seemed pretty odd for batman tbh. Also batman was getting his a*s whooped dealing with 4-5 guys, fighting like an amateur, Knocking on doors to enter places etc. Just seemed out of character for him.

That's amateur Batman for you.. guy's still learning the ropes, give him a break. He will get around to the batman we know soon hopefully. 

18 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

That's amateur Batman for you.. guy's still learning the ropes, give him a break. He will get around to the batman we know soon hopefully. 

Dont get me wrong, the movie is nice. Enjoyable, in fact enjoyed it a lot more than NWH (which i felt was okay at best). Robert Pattinson is also fine as Batman. Just the batman acted really out of character.

39 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Dont get me wrong, the movie is nice. Enjoyable, in fact enjoyed it a lot more than NWH (which i felt was okay at best). Robert Pattinson is also fine as Batman. Just the batman acted really out of character.

I get where your views are coming from and this one’s surely different from the other mainstream batman we have seen until now but i guess Matt Reeves has his own vision regarding portrayal of dark knight. 

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Batman was an idiot in this movie. There are enough scenes which clearly demonstrate that. Just that they were shot well and with great blacks, people are enjoying them.

14 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

That's amateur Batman for you.. guy's still learning the ropes,

So was he in Batman Begins. It was pulled off beautifully. You could see that he was enough of a ninja to be Batman, and yet inexperienced enough to get his a*s handed to him on occasion when faced with a non-normal foe. Then he learned from his mistakes. 

If you need more than two years “work-ex” to know not to get close to a bomb that’s going to explode in your face, you’re not an amateur. You’re fkn stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 4/19/2022 at 8:16 PM, R3D_D3ViL said:

I found it when i was browsing through IMDB but you really cant tell it was her. 

I feel this works good enough for a standalone movie. Making it a franchise is a  dumb move. 

I actually like that they're making a prequel, but mainly because it's being directed by the same guy.

There's a dearth of good slashers and I really wouldn't mind getting another one. Also, the time period it's set in (1919 apparently) should keep things a little fresh.

1 minute ago, gecko89 said:

NGL, that's a pretty sweet title, with the X made of classic headlamps. 

So they're saying we need to fasTEN our seatbelts??

:P

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, achilles said:

So was he in Batman Begins. It was pulled off beautifully. You could see that he was enough of a ninja to be Batman, and yet inexperienced enough to get his a*s handed to him on occasion when faced with a non-normal foe. Then he learned from his mistakes. 

If you need more than two years “work-ex” to know not to get close to a bomb that’s going to explode in your face, you’re not an amateur. You’re fkn stupid. 

Bruce Wayne in ‘this’ movie is channelling his rage on to the thugs of Gotham with a misplaced sense of justice. That much is evident with the way he beats them up and approaches combat. So yes, he is brash and irresponsible. Makes him look more human and way over his head. That’s why i said he is an amateur. The arc of getting from here to the The Dark Knight is what interests me which I hope will happen over couple more movies instead of becoming a legend in span of one movie. At least this was my takeaway from this Batman.

You can always compare with Batman of previous movies and comics and find things you like and dislike in relation to your favourites. But every creator has their own interpretation and portrayal of Batman and I looked at it separately from the others. Having said that every criticism is valid and interesting because it fuels discussion and opens up to other point of views. 

• Like 3