Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Decent movie, a lot of references to old movies and a lot of fan service and also to What IF. Without getting into details would rate it 8/10.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Decent movie, a lot of references to old movies and a lot of fan service and also to What IF. Without getting into details would rate it 8/10.

IMAX is priced at 700 bucks even on weekdays ! WTF. :wallbash:

Edit: 1000 on weekends, and cinema is packed. WTF again. :chair:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

42 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

IMAX is priced at 700 bucks even on weekdays ! WTF. :wallbash:

Edit: 1000 on weekends, and cinema is packed. WTF again. :chair:

Paid 700 for three tickets for first day first show at INOX :happydance:

DS2 is a complete Sam Raimi movie! It has the horror vibe of Evil Dead and Army of Darkness throughout, a treat for fans of his work. My first day first show audience went nuts at *certain scenes*.  Strange and Wanda are both amazing in this, even the newcomer America Chavez. 

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Seeing that price, I am going for 3D for 700 ish (2 tickets). Good deal after applying card off (500 off)

3 hours ago, AtheK said:

Paid 700 for three tickets for first day first show at INOX :happydance:

Imma gonna go to Wave cinemas. 300 bucks a pop for 2D. 

3 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

DS2 is a complete Sam Raimi movie! It has the horror vibe of Evil Dead and Army of Darkness throughout, a treat for fans of his work. My first day first show audience went nuts at *certain scenes*.  Strange and Wanda are both amazing in this, even the newcomer America Chavez. 

No doubt, spooked my 8 year old, I hope he sleeps well tonite ?

DS2 was definitely a different movie. Pretty much a Marvel Horror movie. Sam Raimi's touch is visible everywhere. Its a good enjoyable movie but a solid 7.5 for me. Probably I got disappointed with a lot of fake rumors that were going around over the internet. Loved the character arc of America Chavez 
(bandi bhi cute hai :P ) would definitely like to see more of her in future. Finally Wanda got to show what she is capable of as per the comics. Boy, this Wanda would have finished Infinity War and Endgame in 5 minutes. Thanos is not even remotely close to how powerful she really is in Scarlet Witch version.

4 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

2 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

DS2 was definitely a different movie. Pretty much a Marvel Horror movie. Sam Raimi's touch is visible everywhere. Its a good enjoyable movie but a solid 7.5 for me. Probably I got disappointed with a lot of fake rumors that were going around over the internet. Loved the character arc of America Chavez 
(bandi bhi cute hai :P ) would definitely like to see more of her in future. Finally Wanda got to show what she is capable of as per the comics. Boy, this Wanda would have finished Infinity War and Endgame in 5 minutes. Thanos is not even remotely close to how powerful she really is in Scarlet Witch version.

f**k. Hype meter MAX. Can't go over the weekend. :cry:

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

f**k. Hype meter MAX. Can't go over the weekend. :cry:

Let me know if you want me to WhatsApp you some spoilers.

• Sad 1

Funny part is, my GF who didnt watch the youtube video which I shared with her to prepare for this movie was clueless most of the time. She was like, WTF is happening. :rofl: Watch Wandavision atleast if you wanna connect with the story. 

Good to see Wanda in full form. In magic, Dr Strange is basically that Jugadoo student of class who doesnt study well but somehow manages to get good grade while Wanda is the IIT topper who is on ultra level. Its apparent throughout the movie.

Saw Pain & Gain. It's basically America: The Movie. Very enjoyable! Probably the closest anyone could get to the live-action adaptation of GTA 5. Even the visuals are very similar! I checked the release dates to see if GTA 5 was inspired from this movie or the other way, but both came out in the same year, although the movie released first.

Then I saw The Rock. Absolute banger from start to finish! Loved Sean Connery's performance. It wouldn't be the same movie without his presence. And Michael Bay knows how to make use of your subwoofer! The sound mixing in his movies is always so good without hurting your ears. There's also something about 90's and 2000's movies. I think they balanced everything right depending on the genre, be it the softness, machoism, heart/human element and fun factor without hurting each other or overdoing it (like today's MCU where it's bordering parody). Movies are different now. I think aiming too much for realism and perfection has made everything stale (like Denis Vanilla's Dune and The Batman), even the visuals.

Planning to watch 13 Hours next. I think I am going to become a full time Bay fan if I like this one too after enjoying Ambulance and above mentioned movies.

Wait, I realised that I still haven't seen his Bad Boys series. :mellow:

Edited by Max Pain

40 minutes ago, Max Pain said:

Planning to watch 13 Hours next. I think I am going to become a full time Bay fan if I like this one too after enjoying Ambulance and above mentioned movies

13 Hours is actually a very good movie. Probably one of the best of that genre I've seen. 

• Like 1