Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

PVR IMAX Noida prices for Jurassic Park are 840 for normal tickets, and 1240 for recliner. 

what the f**k has happened to PVR pricing? Is it just me who thinks these are insane prices ? Worst is almost all these seats get full ! 

Happening since sometime. CityWalk IMAX was 1000 and 1500 when released. That's why I wait for 10 days after release when it comes down to 350-400 for weekday afternoon shows.  

And let's not talk about the atrocious Popcorn and snacks prices..

Edited by harsh1387

I paid 1500 for 2 tix @ IMAX with laser theatre at pvr lower parel, 2nd day of Dr Strange 2 release - worth it

Gorgeous visuals 

theatres, especially imax theatres are a temple and a price can’t be put on the divine experience 

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

PVR IMAX Noida prices for Jurassic Park are 840 for normal tickets, and 1240 for recliner. 

what the f**k has happened to PVR pricing? Is it just me who thinks these are insane prices ? Worst is almost all these seats get full ! 

yeah dude IMAX pricing is f**ked. Was like this for DS2 as well. They're opening tix sales a month early and pricing is through the moon.

I watched DS2 in regular 3D, 400 bucks a pop - and that was a whole week later.

I did not care that much for MCU movies, but I do want an A-Tier IMAX experience for Top Gun Maverick and Jurassic World - and I'm very much worried about Logix IMAX pricing. 

Meanwhile go back to Spice (or Smart Bharat Mall :giggle:) and its still at 200 bucks - plus its 10 mins away from my place. 

10 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

The director’s background is pretty solid. 

Yeah, but Shane Black's was even better and he made The Predator.

So I'm being cautiously optimistic this time. The premise sounds really cool though.

--------

Everything Everywhere All at Once is now available you know where.

Finally time to see what all the hoopla is about.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

19 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yup. Directors like Cameron or Ridley Scott are once a generation legends. Always always always hyped for their movies. f**k the haters. 

Time scrubs everything. They've both been great, but are they now? Cameron is kind of separated from the scene as the dude makes one movie a decade. Still, his last great was Titanic, over 25 years ago.  It also had an amazing team, including two of the very best actors in the world.

Ridley Scott hasn't really been good for a while. The House of Gucci was an absolute stinker. The only exception in the last 20 years has been The Martian. He's also 85. 

They've each done great things. How much they have left to offer, remains to be seen. 

10 hours ago, North said:

Meanwhile go back to Spice (or Smart Bharat Mall :giggle:) and its still at 200 bucks - plus its 10 mins away from my place.

Same. It's 5 mins from my place. 

Watched DS2 at Wave, and it was a decent experience. I'll probably go for JP at Wave too. Spice has a darker screen comparatively. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Same. It's 5 mins from my place. 

Watched DS2 at Wave, and it was a decent experience. I'll probably go for JP at Wave too. Spice has a darker screen comparatively. 

Yeah. I've found the audio to be muffled in Spice halls before.

If its a quieter noire experience like Batman or something, and if there aren't subtitles I'd miss like half the dialogues. 

I don't mind Wave as such - but Top Gun is the most hyped movie for me this year so want to splurge+I don't think the Wave seats recline at all.

My school used to take as to Wave for movies. 

16 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Happening since sometime. CityWalk IMAX was 1000 and 1500 when released. That's why I wait for 10 days after release when it comes down to 350-400 for weekday afternoon shows.  

And let's not talk about the atrocious Popcorn and snacks prices..

Exactly, I never buy food from these places. And lately PVR Citywalk is in full on demand recovery mode, I don't understand why people are even paying 1000-1500 bucks a 2hr movie. I generally go to non-imax in Ambience for 400 bucks or just wait till the prices come down like DS2 going for 400 bucks in IMAX now.

5 hours ago, North said:

Yeah. I've found the audio to be muffled in Spice halls before.

If its a quieter noire experience like Batman or something, and if there aren't subtitles I'd miss like half the dialogues. 

I don't mind Wave as such - but Top Gun is the most hyped movie for me this year so want to splurge+I don't think the Wave seats recline at all.

My school used to take as to Wave for movies. 

I don't think Spice or Wave carry subtitles. However, had no issues with DS2. 

I'll anyway head over to Wave. Haven't tested the recline tbh. Seats are OK, heck Noida IMAX has many broken seats, and for those they're charging 800 bucks. No movie is worth 800-1000 bucks for a normal seat. 

Finally watched Everything Everywhere All At Once and absolutely loved how unapologetically weird and wacky it was.

This thing goes all in on the multiverse concept and is unlike almost anything I've ever seen. Heck, if there's one movie that deserves the title of "Multiverse of Madness", it is this.

And with all the electric energy that is zapping through its veins, it still manages to tell a heartfelt story with relatable and well-acted characters (it does get a bit corny at times but I didn't mind it too much).

On the flipside, this movie is a tad overlong and can be such a sensory overload that it can probably give you a headache if you watch it after a long day at work. Something to keep in mind. 

But yeah, do yourselves a favour and still watch it because we rarely get something that is this original, this stylish, and this confident in being its own thing.

hFIyszN.jpg

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Finally watched Everything Everywhere All At Once and absolutely loved how unapologetically weird and wacky it was.

This thing goes all in on the multiverse concept and is unlike almost anything I've ever seen. Heck, if there's one movie that deserves the title of "Multiverse of Madness", it is this.

And with all the electric energy that is zapping through its veins, it still manages to tell a heartfelt story with relatable and well-acted characters (it does get a bit corny at times but I didn't mind it too much).

On the flipside, this movie is a tad overlong and can be such a sensory overload that it can probably give you a headache if you watch it after a long day at work. Something to keep in mind. 

But yeah, do yourselves a favour and still watch it because we rarely get something that is this original, this stylish, and this confident in being its own thing.

hFIyszN.jpg

Looking forward to watching this soon

On 5/17/2022 at 7:08 PM, 0verlord said:

I paid 1500 for 2 tix @ IMAX with laser theatre at pvr lower parel, 2nd day of Dr Strange 2 release - worth it

Gorgeous visuals 

theatres, especially imax theatres are a temple and a price can’t be put on the divine experience 

Pay more so that they'll keep building world class theatres in India.