Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

21 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I felt that way in a few scenes where the movement was wild and erratic and wasn't really able to replicate some of the maneuvers being performed on-screen.

But other than that it was pretty much in-sync and worked especially well in the third act. So much so that I can't have it any other way now.

Doctor Strange isn't really a good choice IMO. I never even thought of watching it in 4DX.

I feel the movement works well when it has to simulate being in something tangible on-screen such as a vehicle. The best 4DX experiences I've had so far are Ford v Ferrari and Top Gun, both majorly involving vehicular movement.

Looks like my second viewing will be in 4DX :D

22 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Idk how the f**k Tom Cruise is still doing this sh*t at 60. Crazy. 

Mostly money but also eternal youth granted by the human sacrifices at the church of Scientology.

• Like 1

Top Gun Maverick 

There are movies you watch for fun and then there are movies which remain with you as an exhilarating experience. This is that Experience.

I saw Top Gun first time in 1990. I was 9 and this was my first English movie. I was blown away. Must have seen it endless times at that time. Even got the Aviator Ray-Ban cos I was so smitten by Maverick. So, no wonder since the day sequel was announced i was waiting for this. Too much nostalgia associated. 

This surpasses the original in every way possible. The aerial shots are breathtaking, the infighting, the dogfight, the F-18's, the F14, the team he trains, the love story going on, the call backs to the original, the small cameo from his only friend from that time, the music score from the original. Everything was gelled so well together. 

There is no doubt Tom Cruise is the biggest star in Hollywood. The amount of dedication and hard work he puts in to make every movie is absolutely amazing. Do watch the making on you tube to see how he does all the stunts himself. And he is 59, freakish.

This movie belongs to an IMAX viewing. Nothing else will do this justice. Nothing else. 

I hope I can find time to go and watch this again otherwise will get the Blu ray as soon as it is out.

10/10 easily.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 10:38 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

So we're getting two Pinocchio movies this year. 

This is not a movie. It’s a TV series. 

That is one hideous fairy at the end. I thought that is a kid show. 

Edited by Mysteryman

13 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

This is not a movie. It’s a TV series. 

That is one hideous fairy at the end. I thought that is a kid show. 

It's a movie. Says so right in the video description.

38 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

That was fast. Movie bombed it seems. If Thor also flops then MCU is in trouble.

Neither did it bomb, nor will Thor :giggle: