Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It made nearly 900 million USD, dude. :mellow:

47 minutes ago, Snake said:

Neither did it bomb, nor will Thor :giggle:

This:

38 minutes ago, Max Pain said:

MOM was supposed to make a billion+. It also had a 67% drop in the second weekend. Cinemascore was also B+. Definitely below expectations.

Yes, I read this that it dropped massively next weekend. Worst in MCU history.

https://thedirect.com/article/doctor-strange-2-mcu-history-box-office

41 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Was the movie not good ? or not entertaining ?

If was both good and entertaining, but ymmv

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

Was the movie not good ? or not entertaining ?

Not great, but definitely entertaining. I thought it pushed the PG-13 rating pretty hard with some of its death scenes.

I'll personally remember the movie for a particular sequence towards the end which I really enjoyed, and I think fans of Raimi's brand of horror will enjoy that too.

But yeah, I've seen a few people say it sucked. So like @Snake has put it, YMMV.

47 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

This:

Yes, I read this that it dropped massively next weekend. Worst in MCU history.

https://thedirect.com/article/doctor-strange-2-mcu-history-box-office

No Way Home dropped the same amount in its second weekend too.

41 minutes ago, Max Pain said:

Considering its opening weekend, it should have.

Nope. Read somewhere it was very similar to NWH. 900 mils is no joke. Every producer would want such a flop. And IIRC, movie still has to release in China, who's earnings alone can double that amount. 

52 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nope. Read somewhere it was very similar to NWH. 900 mils is no joke. Every producer would want such a flop. And IIRC, movie still has to release in China, who's earnings alone can double that amount. 

It would be incredibly lucky to earn 100 million in China, forget doubling 900 million. Hollywood movies havent worked in China since pandemic. Endgame is the highest earning movie in China at around 600 million. Next best is 350 million which is one of the F&F movies

54 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I am not saying it's a failure, only that it did not reach the expectations.

• Haha 1

Marvel is following this trend of releasing their movies within 2-3 on disney+ since pandemic started. 

They did it with black widow, shang chi and eternals. Also doctor strange’s theatre run is way past its prime now.

We did not get No way home so soon on streaming simply because sony is involved. And apparently no spiderman movies are there on disney+ if i am not wrong. Also its digital release did happen less than 3 months post release. 

Ideally same should happen with thor. maybe not as soon as Doctor Strange as thor has relatively larger fan base compared to doctor strange and might have longer theatre run. 

2 hours ago, Max Pain said:

I think they released BW, Shang Chi and Eternals early on Disney+ because of pandemic. Even Shang Chi and Eternals were released only after 60-70 days for that matter. Why would they drop it so early otherwise? At least this way, they can up their subscribers count.

BW was released on disney+ on the day of its release with pay per view if i am not wrong. Then released for regular streaming in a couple of months time. 

Maybe they are preponing doctor strange as we are about to get Thor next month.

Vikram (VikramHitlist) was fantastic! Such a treat for fanboys and for neutral viewers too.

Kamal Hassan was a beast. Fahad Fassil and Vijay Sethupathi had great roles too, and they nailed them.

Edited by Ram Dante

1 hour ago, Nathan.Drake said:

BW was released on disney+ on the day of its release with pay per view if i am not wrong. Then released for regular streaming in a couple of months time. 

Maybe they are preponing doctor strange as we are about to get Thor next month.

Yeah, I am aware of Black Widow being released for a premium fee on its release day on D+ . That's why I didn't mention it with the other movies in the next sentence.