Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

54 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Ranbir feels just weird for this role, could have gone with someone who usually does action movies like Hrithik or Vidyut. But I guess Bollywood wallahs love working within their circles only lol. The trailer reminds me of The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Damn. Vidyut would be perfect for this. 

On 6/15/2022 at 4:25 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Just from the trailer, one can see that he's either having a single expression throughout the movie, or is overacting in those fight scenes. 

I'm sure the movie will do good based on VFX. 

Agreed. Whenever he ie talking in the movie, its cringe. 

Top Gun Maverick - Holy f**k!! Now I get where all the hype came from. Even the a**hole chatterboxes in the auditorium couldn't ruin the thrill. The 2nd half is pure gold and one heck of a rollercoaster ride. Masterfully edited and shot. Cruise bhai never disappoints. Excitedly looking forward to the SpaceX project he would be working on.

This one reminded me of another under-appreciated movie called Stealth. That was an enjoyable popcorn flick which I bunked my tuitions to watch in a movie hall. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Say what you will but the biopics casting and transformation in hollywood movies is so on point. It becomes really hard to imagine anyone else playing the role.

Yup. The movie itself looks so good too. The cinematography is on point.

Also it's directed by Andrew Dominik, the guy who made The Assassination of Jesse James, which was an awesome film. 

So yeah, looking forward to this.

RsIABCl.jpg

B8LQ5tf.jpg

7 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

This one is rated NC17, so expect some extreme stuff :naughty:

They show a scene where Marilyn was raped, don’t think theres anything :naughty: about that bit

7 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The reason the fire looks odd is because the lighting is off. Fire is blinding and hot. It's considerably brighter than the rest of the scene and the flame distorts the area around it. 

In the trailer, none of that is apparent. Fire doesn't feel hot or bright. There is no smoke, everything around the fire is overexposed compared to reality. 

Source: watched all corridor crew episodes

I stopped watching Corridor Crew videos because they started ruining movies for me.

6 hours ago, Snake said:

They show a scene where Marilyn was raped, don’t think theres anything :naughty: about that bit

It is not yet confirmed whether the NC17 is actually just because of the rape scene and i didn't mean for that. But it is Marilyn Monroe after all and she was hollywood’s most enduring sex symbol, so you know. 

Nevertheless removing the emoji from my original comment as it seems to be in poor taste in context of a difficult topic. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

Finally got to see Top Gun Maverick yesterday, neither on IMAX  nor on 4DX, just plain simple theatre. I had always admired the pilots but now, I have utmost respect for them and Tom and other actors after watching this. There won’t be another action star like Tom Cruise in our lifetime and there won’t be another movie like Top Gun Maverick. The love for aviation is reflected in each scene. I would want to watch it again in 4DX, but there are no shows running it anymore.

4 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

All VFX goes to sh*t if the protagonist can only do poker face, which is unfortunately the case here. 

Our mythology is rich enough to have many such visual blockbusters, only if Bollywood can go outside of the nepotist actors. :wallbash:

Also, why does every movie need to have Amitabh Bachchan ? It's like there's no one else left to play the wise man's role. 

• Like 1

I think AB is fine, he's the only good old star still around and can pull off this type of role easily. I believe his character is going to be like Gandalf. But damn, Ranbir is playing the same clueless brat like he does in everything lol. No wonder the current gen Bollywood has no real superstar anymore.

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

All VFX goes to sh*t if the protagonist can only do poker face, which is unfortunately the case here. 

Our mythology is rich enough to have many such visual blockbusters, only if Bollywood can go outside of the nepotist actors. :wallbash:

Also, why does every movie need to have Amitabh Bachchan ? It's like there's no one else left to play the wise man's role. 

And they shove love story and songs in every thing. Why do superhero movies have to revolve around love stories and songs? So pathetic. Captain America Peggy Carter love story is better than all action/superhero bollywood movie love stories