Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Maybe I am too use to of Hollywood CGI stuff that this trailer looks really off. I know budget is an issue but still.. and Ranbir looks really a miscast. Such movie needed a true beat action star, maybe someone like Hritik who has the personality and aura to pull off such roles. 

Movie couple be a big hit as most people in our country don't watch much of Hollywood and may like the special effects in this one. 

As for Amitabh. It's a wonder at 80 he is still so fit and doing so many movies easily. Truly a legend. 

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

Maybe I am too use to of Hollywood CGI stuff that this trailer looks really off. I know budget is an issue but still.. and Ranbir looks really a miscast. Such movie needed a true beat action star, maybe someone like Hritik who has the personality and aura to pull off such roles. 

Movie couple be a big hit as most people in our country don't watch much of Hollywood and may like the special effects in this one. 

As for Amitabh. It's a wonder at 80 he is still so fit and doing so many movies easily. Truly a legend. 

The movie was shot for 6 years, so his scenes might have been shot when he was in his early 70s. By the way, the CGI is apparently done by the same guys who have worked on movies like Interstellar, Inception etc.

Watched Lightyear.

Pretty mediocre fare that left quite a bit to be desired as far as story and characters go.

The animation was amazing to look at, but it doesn't really warrant a trip to the theaters.

Watched RRR yesterday, was kinda pumped by Kojima's tweet :D

And I enjoyed it a lot. Some of the scenes don't make much sense, especially the jailbreak but the film is entertaining from the beginning to the end. And it was very well shot, better than even KGF2 imo. 

18 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

And I enjoyed it a lot. Some of the scenes don't make much sense, especially the jailbreak but the film is entertaining from the beginning to the end. And it was very well shot, better than even KGF2 imo. 

lol what a coincidence, even i watched the movie at home yesterday (second time).  Just forget about all that logic analysis and watch as an entertainement movie and it works.  I still feel the violence could've been reduced though. 

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

I might be in minority but I enjoyed RRR more than KGF 2 which i watched in theater. First time watching NTR and Ram Charan and i am a fan now. Brilliant dancers. The choreography was so refreshing and unique. Let's just say like we keep our mind aside for Superhero movies this movie also should be watched with the same intention. Lots of fun. 

On 6/18/2022 at 3:34 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

IMAX 

tomorrow is final day at theatres - and have snagged a couple tickets at Logix at 2:10 tomorrow, IMAX :)

I actually like Chris Pratt and Bryce Howard in these - hope its fun. Don't expect it to blow my mind by any means of course.

Was pleasantly surprised to see this show up in theaters here. Will try to watch it next week.

For those unaware, this is directed by Scott Derrickson (Sinister, Doctor Strange) and, of course, stars Ethan Hawke.

It also has a pretty neat 85% score on RT right now.

VrJnk1J.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Was pleasantly surprised to see this show up in theaters here. Will try to watch it next week.

For those unaware, this is directed by Scott Derrickson (Sinister, Doctor Strange) and, of course, stars Ethan Hawke.

It also has a pretty neat 85% score on RT right now.

VrJnk1J.jpg

From what I know its based on Joe Hill's (Stephen King's son) story. 

I've read a couple books by the man and do have faith in the material. If you go watch, do let us know how it is.

One of the director's previous movies was quite appreciated (movie was called rangitharanga), this one looks good too.... I hope it's more of an adventure movie and very less / not really a horror movie:boxing: