Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Beat me to it. Such a fun episode and such a fun movie. Rewatched it today. 

They used to make fun of Indian movies till now. That has changed. They also acknowledged the existence of Tollywood instead of calling everything that comes out of India Bollywood.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Beat me to it. Such a fun episode and such a fun movie. Rewatched it today. 

That Asian dude hates long single takes lmao. Someone should get him to meet with Cory Barlog. All these wannabe filmmakers working in video games sacrificing gameplay for stupid gimmicks. We would have been able to skip the cutscenes and also a bunch of hidden loading screens in God of War on the PS5 if Cory didn't insist on the one take shtick.

40 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

They used to make fun of Indian movies till now. That has changed. They also acknowledged the existence of Tollywood instead of calling everything that comes out of India Bollywood.

Even i thought long ago that Bollywood is used for all movies made in India.  I came to know it represented Hindi film industry from a Hindi/Bollywood movie called luck by chance :D

28 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

That Asian dude hates long single takes lmao. Someone should get him to meet with Cory Barlog. All these wannabe filmmakers working in video games sacrificing gameplay for stupid gimmicks. We would have been able to skip the cutscenes and also a bunch of hidden loading screens in God of War on the PS5 if Cory didn't insist on the one take shtick.

Yeah I dont know what that added to the game. I am sure it was lot of effort but what's the payoff? And I am sure it limited their options in the way they showed the cutscenes. There is so much more you can do if you are not beholden to that one specific way of shooting.

I don't care much about cutscenes in video games. Just make them serve the purpose and keep them focused and good (like The last of us 1) or go the Half Life 2 way. Don't be a Kojima. I am sorry to his fans but he writes some grade A nonsense garbage. MGS4 to this day is the only game where I just shut the game off without finishing the last cutscene cause it was so goddamn long and frankly I never knew what was going on other than the fact that it was hilarious for first half an hour.

On 6/24/2022 at 12:54 PM, Heaven Angel said:

:blink:

Looks like KGF meets Mad Max, Ranbir seems wrong for this, he has this chocolate boy image which is hard to shake off.

BTW, watched

- Acharya, felt like same old tried and trusted formulaic movie !

- Harder they fall , quite a good Western action movie.

- The American, very chilled/classy movie starring George Clooney.  Not much of a plot to write about, it's mostly about Clooney looking dapper thru the movie against the backdrop of exotic Italian locales.

- Spiderhead, starts out well and builds a lot of intrigue initially, but i felt the plot twist was quite weak and the ending was quite average.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kittoo said:

Yeah I dont know what that added to the game. I am sure it was lot of effort but what's the payoff? And I am sure it limited their options in the way they showed the cutscenes. There is so much more you can do if you are not beholden to that one specific way of shooting.

I don't care much about cutscenes in video games. Just make them serve the purpose and keep them focused and good (like The last of us 1) or go the Half Life 2 way. Don't be a Kojima. I am sorry to his fans but he writes some grade A nonsense garbage. MGS4 to this day is the only game where I just shut the game off without finishing the last cutscene cause it was so goddamn long and frankly I never knew what was going on other than the fact that it was hilarious for first half an hour.

Ye. No one wants to say it, but Kojima is retarded. Gameplay is always fire though. The gameplay loop of MGSV is one of the best ever. Never gets old.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You can skip cutscenes in God of war on an ng+ playthrough. They don't allow cutscene skipping for story reasons. 

Huh. That's kind of weird lol. But with the amount of handholding in the game, I guess it's not surprising that the devs would treat the players like children.

Watched Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness.

I swear, every time a new marvel movie comes up, critics go 'this is the best marvel movie yet'. That said, I liked the film, but wouldn't call it best one yet. 7/10 imo. 

I bet Thor Love and Thunder will also be called the best marvel movie yet ?

Edited by gecko89
  • Haha 1

Watched Jurassic World Dominion in IMAX this weekend.

If you just want dinosaurs on the big screen, its solid. 

But as an entry in the series - it is repetitive, has a fair few plotholes, and just has lost the novelty of it all.

They're used to dinosaurs now so no one is even scared, half the time they're not even running. Jeff Goldblum is as good as always, however. 

Maybe I'm old school, but this wasn't it even though the first Jurassic World movie with Chris and Bryce was really good imo. 6/10, recommend watching - but not at the theatres.

Looking forward to watching JJK 0 at the movies next weekend. 

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Watched Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness.

I swear, every time a new marvel movie comes up, critics go 'this is the best marvel movie yet'. That said, I liked the film, but wouldn't call it best one yet. 7/10 imo. 

I bet Thor Love and Thunder will also be called the best marvel movie yet ?

I mean, it only has 74% on rotten tomatoes. Also, stating the obvious here, but you can't accurately judge a movie made for theatres if you didn't watch it in one. This was probably one of the best 3D experiences I've had in a long time, probably because it was such a CGI heavy movie with pretty effects. As someone who wasn't spoiled by marketing as I went in almost completely blind, it was an 8.5 for me. Zombie Strange, one of the best parts of the movie, was a complete surprise for me as I had avoided all the trailers and TV spots that featured him.

I won't say it's a perfect film, but a big reason it got a lot of hate was because:
1. Fans overhyped the sh*t out of it. I won't blame them because it could have been the doing of the marketing department. The theories were crazy. They went in expecting a crazy Avengers level movie with cameos like Tom Cruise as Iron Man, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Nicholas Cage as the Ghost Rider etc. and got a normal Marvel sequel.

2. I watched the final trailer after I watched the movie, and they basically gave away all the best parts of the movie lol. I remember Kevin Feige expressing his dissatisfaction regarding this at the premiere of the movie. unknown.png

2 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

I mean, it only has 74% on rotten tomatoes. Also, stating the obvious here, but you can't accurately judge a movie made for theatres if you didn't watch it in one. This was probably one of the best 3D experiences I've had in a long time, probably because it was such a CGI heavy movie with pretty effects. As someone who wasn't spoiled by marketing as I went in almost completely blind, it was an 8.5 for me. Zombie Strange, one of the best parts of the movie, was a complete surprise for me as I had avoided all the trailers and TV spots that featured him.

I won't say it's a perfect film, but a big reason it got a lot of hate was because:
1. Fans overhyped the sh*t out of it. I won't blame them because it could have been the doing of the marketing department. The theories were crazy. They went in expecting a crazy Avengers level movie with cameos like Tom Cruise as Iron Man, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Nicholas Cage as the Ghost Rider etc. and got a normal Marvel sequel.

2. I watched the final trailer after I watched the movie, and they basically gave away all the best parts of the movie lol. I remember Kevin Feige expressing his dissatisfaction regarding this at the premiere of the movie. unknown.png

Yes MCU movies are popcorn flicks and need to be enjoyed in theaters with popcorn. Watching on TV no matter how good the TV and sound system is, has very less impact. No way home for example is like 25% fun if watched at home. The reveals have very less impact. 

So saw Men today and by the end it leaves you with loads of head scratching and questions. The story starts off well with the protagonist arriving at this idyllic beautiful village after a tragedy and then it steadily escalates the dread and uneasy with her interaction with villagers. The second half builds upto a cookie cutter home invasion and then the climax is well…check and judge for yourself as I don’t know what the heck happens. Imagine Annihilation climax just more bonkers. Overall i felt the payoff in the 2nd half doesn't do justice to the nice build up until then. I would love to hear other people’s thoughts about the ending and what the whole thing was about. This I felt can be a good companion piece to this other movie, Mother! by Darren Aronofsky. Both have heavy biblical and religious imagery sprinkled throughout the movie and alludes to Eve’s transgression in Paradise. 

Special mention for Rory Kinnear for pulling off a tough role(s). The location of the shoot is a genuinely beautiful place and i wouldn't mind spending a week there except for the sh*t that goes down there. The tunnel scene sequence which you see in the trailer is some good film-making. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

4 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You haven't even finished college bro. What do you mean by old school? 2018?

Jk.jk

Hahahaha good one

but yeah just comparing og Jurassic Park vs the Jurassic World reboo/sequel trilogy

1 hour ago, cyberpunk said:

I liked DS2 way more than No Way Home even if it was divisive for a lot of people. Raimi being given full creative freedom to create another Evil Dead style movie is dope af!  Hoping they get him back for DS3 too.

Nah. We saw what he can do. I would want a new director so that the movie series remains fresh. Wish he would work on Spider-Man 4 instead lol. Don't know why the f**k Sony hasn't greenlit that already before both Tobey and Raimi get too old.

Edited by Kumar123