Jump to content

Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2


STICK3Rboy

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Happening since sometime. CityWalk IMAX was 1000 and 1500 when released. That's why I wait for 10 days after release when it comes down to 350-400 for weekday afternoon shows.  

 

And let's not talk about the atrocious Popcorn and snacks prices..

 

Exactly, I never buy food from these places. And lately PVR Citywalk is in full on demand recovery mode, I don't understand why people are even paying 1000-1500 bucks a 2hr movie. I generally go to non-imax in Ambience for 400 bucks or just wait till the prices come down like DS2 going for 400 bucks in IMAX now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, North said:

 

Yeah. I've found the audio to be muffled in Spice halls before.

 

If its a quieter noire experience like Batman or something, and if there aren't subtitles I'd miss like half the dialogues. 

 

I don't mind Wave as such - but Top Gun is the most hyped movie for me this year so want to splurge+I don't think the Wave seats recline at all.

My school used to take as to Wave for movies. 

 

I don't think Spice or Wave carry subtitles. However, had no issues with DS2. 

I'll anyway head over to Wave. Haven't tested the recline tbh. Seats are OK, heck Noida IMAX has many broken seats, and for those they're charging 800 bucks. No movie is worth 800-1000 bucks for a normal seat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Finally watched Everything Everywhere All At Once and absolutely loved how unapologetically weird and wacky it was.

This thing goes all in on the multiverse concept and is unlike almost anything I've ever seen. Heck, if there's one movie that deserves the title of "Multiverse of Madness", it is this.

And with all the electric energy that is zapping through its veins, it still manages to tell a heartfelt story with relatable and well-acted characters (it does get a bit corny at times but I didn't mind it too much).

 

On the flipside, this movie is a tad overlong and can be such a sensory overload that it can probably give you a headache if you watch it after a long day at work. Something to keep in mind. 

But yeah, do yourselves a favour and still watch it because we rarely get something that is this original, this stylish, and this confident in being its own thing.

 

hFIyszN.jpg

 

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Finally watched Everything Everywhere All At Once and absolutely loved how unapologetically weird and wacky it was.

This thing goes all in on the multiverse concept and is unlike almost anything I've ever seen. Heck, if there's one movie that deserves the title of "Multiverse of Madness", it is this.

And with all the electric energy that is zapping through its veins, it still manages to tell a heartfelt story with relatable and well-acted characters (it does get a bit corny at times but I didn't mind it too much).

 

On the flipside, this movie is a tad overlong and can be such a sensory overload that it can probably give you a headache if you watch it after a long day at work. Something to keep in mind. 

But yeah, do yourselves a favour and still watch it because we rarely get something that is this original, this stylish, and this confident in being its own thing.

 

hFIyszN.jpg

 

Looking forward to watching this soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 7:08 PM, 0verlord said:

I paid 1500 for 2 tix @ IMAX with laser theatre at pvr lower parel, 2nd day of Dr Strange 2 release - worth it

 

Gorgeous visuals 

 

theatres, especially imax theatres are a temple and a price can’t be put on the divine experience 

Pay more so that they'll keep building world class theatres in India.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2022 at 10:35 AM, KunjanPSD said:

Exactly, I never buy food from these places. And lately PVR Citywalk is in full on demand recovery mode, I don't understand why people are even paying 1000-1500 bucks a 2hr movie. I generally go to non-imax in Ambience for 400 bucks or just wait till the prices come down like DS2 going for 400 bucks in IMAX now.

I stay in Faridabad. For Bollywood movies we watch at near by PVR or INOX. For Marvel movies or something like Top Gun we always prefer watching at CityWalk IMAX. And we usually eat at the food court rather than eating overpriced not tasty food in the hall.

 

DS2 is indeed 400 for Prime seats which are semi recliner and are quite comfortable so we are watching it coming Monday. 

On 5/18/2022 at 3:30 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

I don't think Spice or Wave carry subtitles. However, had no issues with DS2. 

I'll anyway head over to Wave. Haven't tested the recline tbh. Seats are OK, heck Noida IMAX has many broken seats, and for those they're charging 800 bucks. No movie is worth 800-1000 bucks for a normal seat. 

A decade back when I was doing a job in Noida I used to watch lots of movies at Spice and Wave. Always preferred Wave due to better screen and seats. Broken seats in IMAX is quite shocking. I have seen few movies in Noida IMAX when it was built and they were quite good then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Finally watched Everything Everywhere All At Once and absolutely loved how unapologetically weird and wacky it was.

This thing goes all in on the multiverse concept and is unlike almost anything I've ever seen. Heck, if there's one movie that deserves the title of "Multiverse of Madness", it is this.

And with all the electric energy that is zapping through its veins, it still manages to tell a heartfelt story with relatable and well-acted characters (it does get a bit corny at times but I didn't mind it too much).

 

On the flipside, this movie is a tad overlong and can be such a sensory overload that it can probably give you a headache if you watch it after a long day at work. Something to keep in mind. 

But yeah, do yourselves a favour and still watch it because we rarely get something that is this original, this stylish, and this confident in being its own thing.

 

hFIyszN.jpg

 

Swiss Army Man from the same directors was wacky as well. Expect nothing less from them. Was on my watchlist for long. Downloaded and hopefully get to watch this weekend.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, achilles said:

Thanks. Like your recommendations. Where do you pick these from? Is there a feed? MUBI? 

 

No particular feed as such. I guess I kinda just keep up with film news from Rotten Tomatoes and subreddits like r/A24, r/movies, and r/horror. Everything Everywhere All at Once has been getting great word of mouth for a while now.

You can also find a lot of good obscure stuff on RT by looking for the best movies in a specific year in the genre of your liking. I just pick whatever piques my interest from there :P

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched The Kashmir Files with my mom after my she repeatedly kept asking about it. I knew about this for years, so I didn't plan on watching the whole thing, because "what difference does it make in the end?" but ended up not even taking a 2 min break. It really put a lot of things in perspective. Makes a lot of "issues" seem petty in comparison to what Kashmiri Pandits have faced. I feel like taking a break from watching movies for a couple of days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Max Pain said:

Watched The Kashmir Files with my mom after my she repeatedly kept asking about it. I knew about this for years, so I didn't plan on watching the whole thing, because "what difference does it make in the end?" but ended up not even taking a 2 min break. It really put a lot of things in perspective. Makes a lot of "issues" seem petty in comparison to what Kashmiri Pandits have faced. I feel like taking a break from watching movies for a couple of days.

 

Yup. Not an easy watch, and the reality is more gruesome than depicted. 

No justice for the KPs till Bitta Karate is behind bars. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Yup. Not an easy watch, and the reality is more gruesome than depicted. 

No justice for the KPs till Bitta Karate is behind bars. 

Haven't watched the movie , but watched his interview where he openly admits he did it. Honestly its just sad to see he's still free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Haven't watched the movie , but watched his interview where he openly admits he did it. Honestly its just sad to see he's still free.

One such guy also does a regular show on doordarshan

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally saw 'RRR' on zee5 yesterday.  One of the best superhero movie from Indian cinema :thumbsup:

 

Superpowers:

- superhuman strength, able to lift heavy objects (ex: 20s motorbike) spin it and throw it with ease.  The Brute strength is such that one of them can rip apart a prison door with bare hands.

- rapid healing, From lashes to bone crushing injuries to stabs to the heart, the heroes get over them very fast and are full ready to take on the next challenge.

- no need of nutrition, One of the heroes has the ability to maintain six pack abs , do pull ups even after being starved for weeks.

- singing/dancing in perfect rhythm/synchronisation.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...