Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

I haven't seen thor yet,it could be a good or bad i dont know but i think end game should have to be the final nail in the coffin. Every good thing has an end otherwise it would lost its magic and the same thing happening with mcu phase-4 for me atleast.I would appreciate the completely new superheroes and stories.

Imagine what'd happen if season 10  wouldn't be the last season of the Friends.

Actually,a villain like thanos,nothing can be compared to him.

After end game, for me its like yeah another same superhero movie with a new villain. Phase four failed to excite me till now .

Loki is the only exception  after the end game.

9 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Just watched rocketry today instead of thor because of negative reviews (Only second in the MCU i did not watch in theatres!! R madhvan did a phenomenal work in the movie. Sad what happened with him and even sadder than film is very less talked about and watched ?

Yeah Rocketry was very nice. Madhavan was great as usual.

A must watch story for every Indian, deserves a better box office.

Went in with low expectations for Love and Thunder and was still kinda disappointed.

I actually enjoyed the first two-thirds of the movie. Many of the jokes didn't land, but the ones that did gave me a good laugh. And I couldn't really fault the movie for much as it felt like a Saturday morning cartoon and wasn't taking itself seriously (something that was par for course).

But then the last act came about and all the heavy-handed direction and screenplay chinks came to a head. I actually zoned out a few times because of how boring it got and how little I cared about anything that was going on.

There were moments that were supposed to be serious and emotional that the movie just does not earn. So I was just left staring with a blank face.

Maybe more run-time would've helped. But as it stands, the movie just feels very disjointed.

And this is coming from someone who loved Ragnarok. 

Ohh and Russel Crowe stole the show BTW.

• Like 1

The FB comments are mostly trashing the movie. Only jane and Valkyrie seem to be the good parts from the comments, and they are mostly hating the overdone comedy and boring last 3rd, with very little screen time given to Bale. I will save my money and wait for ott.

The Exorcist (1973)

We watched it completely baked so I might have not remember some of the smaller things like characters' names, but the movie hits. 

Even today, the creativity of the makers shines through. You'd realise that the demon or devil possessing would behave in a cunty and cunning way, and the kid's performance was on goddamn point. It's funny, sometimes scary, and the entire film moves on with very little needed dialog. Whatever dialog there is, is also quite mundane. And yet it tells you so much of the characters, their relationships, and the world. 

We have a tortured, unbelieving priest, a badass OG priest, a loving mother, and others. 

The performances, specially the child and the mother make you believe that that's actually happening with and to them. Also credit to the makers, extracting that from a little child couldn't have been easy. 

The ending, the absolute last five minutes of the movie don't really work, and feel like a wrap-up job. 

Watch it if you haven't yet, only if to see how skinny some of the other, more modern horror movies are. 

7.5/10. 

Watched this movie yesterday - 

Untitled-design-2022-05-25T173227.412_gj

The whole movie felt like a celestial event in itself, especially the 3rd act. 

Easily one of the most unique & daring works of art I've seen.

Kinda hard to believe this is an indie with 24m budget. The vfx feel like studio quality. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Watched this movie yesterday - 

Untitled-design-2022-05-25T173227.412_gj

The whole movie felt like a celestial event in itself, especially the 3rd act. 

Easily one of the most unique & daring works of art I've seen.

Kinda hard to believe this is an indie with 24m budget. The vfx feel like studio quality. 

I heard most of the VFX was done by a team of only 5 people!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

I read few threads on Redit & Twitter about Marvel  work ethic.
Its pretty horrible.
They just bully most firms with crazy changes and tight deadlines..

Given the deadlines and the insane amount of last minute changes MCU has been forcing since Iron Man 2, what these VFX artists have had to deal with is considered legendary in the industry apparently!

On 7/10/2022 at 7:25 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

Went in with low expectations for Love and Thunder and was still kinda disappointed.

I actually enjoyed the first two-thirds of the movie. Many of the jokes didn't land, but the ones that did gave me a good laugh. And I couldn't really fault the movie for much as it felt like a Saturday morning cartoon and wasn't taking itself seriously (something that was par for course).

But then the last act came about and all the heavy-handed direction and screenplay chinks came to a head. I actually zoned out a few times because of how boring it got and how little I cared about anything that was going on.

There were moments that were supposed to be serious and emotional that the movie just does not earn. So I was just left staring with a blank face.

Maybe more run-time would've helped. But as it stands, the movie just feels very disjointed.

Also watched Thor this weekend, pretty much echo your thoughts 100%. 

They went with a non-serious joking narrative for the first 2/3rd - while it was fine I was at least entertained but the last act just lost me - trying to be serious will not have any weight.

Christian Bale would've played a solid Voldemort - that is all I have to say 

Will not be going for further Marvel movies unless backed by solid reviews or if its Spiderman. Both this, and MoM were frankly a waste of money at the theatres.

• Like 1