Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Box Office: ‘Thor 4’ Thunderous With $143M Franchise-Best Opening

Marvel and Disney’s Thor: Love and Thunder added further fuel to the summer box office rally with a domestic opening of $143 million, the best showing of the stand-alone franchise starring Chris Hemsworth as the hammer-wielding superhero. The pic opened in line with expectations in North America, where it scored the third-best opening of the pandemic era behind Spider-Man: No Way Home ($260 million) and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness ($187.4 million).

Thor: Love and Thunder also did well overseas, earning $159 million from the international box office for a global start of $302 million.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/thor-love-and-thunder-box-offic-opening-1235177814/

Making the moolah! 

14 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Saw the the green mile over the weekend.

what an awesome movie. 

3 hours ago, SuperT said:

Brilliant movie, right up there with Shawshank Redemption (90s had some brilliant gems) 

Amen. Hanks is great always but Duncan played the gentle giant role so freakin well. Watching this as a kid, it broke me, especially that scene where he says he's tired of how awful people are to each other. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Saw the the green mile over the weekend.

what an awesome movie. 

3 hours ago, SuperT said:

Brilliant movie, right up there with Shawshank Redemption (90s had some brilliant gems) 

Both based on books written by this deranged looking mofo.

xys0xD5.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The Netflix logo is symbolic of sh*t for me now. They have more hits than misses for quite some time now.

The Sea Beast, which came out recently, was good though.

But yeah, all the big-budget actioners from Netflix have been sh*t.

Went and watched The Black Phone at the theatre. 

I really liked it a fair bit. Noir, horror, thriller - with a kid at the center cuz thats the best way to do it with a very interesting premise.

Much better bang for my buck than f**king Thor.

@STICK3Rboyit was quite good! 

I think I've seen like 6 movies at the cinema hall in the past month haha.

Would have gone for The Gray Man as well but will netflix it. In this case I have read the book and I think Netflix has f**ked up the source material, per usual.

Edited by North
  • Like 1

Thor 4 is a mediocre movie. Overdo of jokes & that too lame. I already went with low expectation but still disappointment. Wasted my time & money at theaters.

Suggestion - Wait for OTT release. It's a one time watch. Ragnarok was far better than this.

Christian bale was fantastic. He too would be disappointed with this sh*t movie.

• Like 1

Saw Vikram on hotstar.  I think it's one of the best action movies in Indian cinema.  The best part is the soundtrack, man, i just can't get it out of my head and catch myself humming.

With a good sound system, the movie is spectacular to watch.  Very much grounded in some parts (especially the investigation scenes), and very filmy in others(especially the action sequences), it's a treat for fans of action cinema.

Only gripe is that Kamal is there for only like half the movie, although the other actors do make up for it.  But even in that short duration, his performance is top notch and maybe the current gen actors can learn a lot from him.

ps: didn't know this is a sequel to an old movie with similar name, so that was a neat little surprise(although i haven't seen the older movie).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Saw Vikram on hotstar.  I think it's one of the best action movies in Indian cinema.  The best part is the soundtrack, man, i just can't get it out of my head and catch myself humming.

With a good sound system, the movie is spectacular to watch.  Very much grounded in some parts (especially the investigation scenes), and very filmy in others(especially the action sequences), it's a treat for fans of action cinema.

Only gripe is that Kamal is there for only like half the movie, although the other actors do make up for it.  But even in that short duration, his performance is top notch and maybe the current gen actors can learn a lot from him.

ps: didn't know this is a sequel to an old movie with similar name, so that was a neat little surprise(although i haven't seen the older movie).

Thoroughly enjoyed Vikram. Although i wish they had made climax a little more eventful. But then they had to lay the foundation for the sequel so that's ok. More than Kamal hasan who we all knew is gonna rock i was impressed by Fahadh Faasil. That guy can act.