Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

7 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The point is that a movie about elite airforce division does not mention China even though it's US' no 1 rival and called a threat by politicians and defence personnel. It's also heavily implied that the unnamed enemies are Chinese. They're just scared mention it. 

That's Russia though.

I guess it's supposed to be Iran because of the ancient F-14 tomcat just lying around in their hangars.

Apparently in the OG Top Gun too the soviets weren't mentioned by name, just the MiGs, and the SU50 here is also called a "fifth generation fighter" instead of you know the Su-50 :rofl:

Reminds me of those Selmon bhai or other *Khan films many years back than never mentioned the "Padosi Mulq" by name. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

They f**ked it by casting Ranbir. The guy can only do one look - constipated. 

Ayan Mukherjee said in an interview few years back he can't think beyond Ranbir for his movies . . 

Anyway excited for this movie hope it turns out good .

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

Ayan Mukherjee said in an interview few years back he can't think beyond Ranbir for his movies . . 

Anyway excited for this movie hope it turns out good .

Just from the trailer, one can see that he's either having a single expression throughout the movie, or is overacting in those fight scenes. 

I'm sure the movie will do good based on VFX. 

Dang, CGI does look pretty good.

Knowing Bollywood, they'll probably have some soppy love story shoehorn Ed into it and have everything else revolve around that. Still, maybe I'm wrong :/

23 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Just from the trailer, one can see that he's either having a single expression throughout the movie, or is overacting in those fight scenes. 

Ranbir feels just weird for this role, could have gone with someone who usually does action movies like Hrithik or Vidyut. But I guess Bollywood wallahs love working within their circles only lol. The trailer reminds me of The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

54 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Ranbir feels just weird for this role, could have gone with someone who usually does action movies like Hrithik or Vidyut. But I guess Bollywood wallahs love working within their circles only lol. The trailer reminds me of The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Damn. Vidyut would be perfect for this. 

On 6/15/2022 at 4:25 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Agreed. Whenever he ie talking in the movie, its cringe. 

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Now I remember what those power color effects in brahmastra reminded me of. The neon powers from Infamous game. 

Same colour scheme, but neon looks way better lol. Especially if we're talking about the DLC version.

On 6/15/2022 at 2:38 PM, Krazyniks said:

The VFX look amazing.  

"Wo Brahmastra ki kismat ka Sikandar hai." Maybe it's just me, but that line doesn't make much sense.

Edited by iamX

5 minutes ago, iamX said:

"Wo Brahmastra ki kismat ka Sikandar hai." Maybe it's just me, but that line doesn't make much sense.

You mean the rest of it makes sense ? :lol:

• Haha 2

The reason the fire looks odd is because the lighting is off. Fire is blinding and hot. It's considerably brighter than the rest of the scene and the flame distorts the area around it. 

In the trailer, none of that is apparent. Fire doesn't feel hot or bright. There is no smoke, everything around the fire is overexposed compared to reality. 

Source: watched all corridor crew episodes

• Haha 1

Top Gun Maverick - Holy f**k!! Now I get where all the hype came from. Even the a**hole chatterboxes in the auditorium couldn't ruin the thrill. The 2nd half is pure gold and one heck of a rollercoaster ride. Masterfully edited and shot. Cruise bhai never disappoints. Excitedly looking forward to the SpaceX project he would be working on.

This one reminded me of another under-appreciated movie called Stealth. That was an enjoyable popcorn flick which I bunked my tuitions to watch in a movie hall. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL
  • Like 1