Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Somehow I feel this movie will suck. 

I'm feeling it too. They are stuck in a hard place with Chadwick gone. But i hope it's good. There's not been a universally praised MCU movie since Endgame. 

Maybe Spidey NWH but that was so dependent on the prev non-MCU movies it's difficult to count that 

Looking back it's truly amazing how good Phase 3 was.

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

I'm feeling it too. They are stuck in a hard place with Chadwick gone. But i hope it's good. There's not been a universally praised MCU movie since Endgame. 

Maybe Spidey NWH but that was so dependent on the prev non-MCU movies it's difficult to count that 

Looking back it's truly amazing how good Phase 3 was.

It won't ever be as good. They care more about quantity than quality now. 

Adipurush looks like utter garbage. Both in terms of CG and general thought put behind it. Ravan with crew-cut? Ram fighting random flying things? Lanka looking like lair of some vampire? Saif acting like generic crazy villain number 5007? GTFO.

This clearly shows money matters little. One should have real passion about the subject, actual talent and ability to learn. Thats why Rajamouli is ace. He wants to make Mahabharat but still only honing his skills for that, even though all the money in the world will be available to him to make it.

And who the hell thought it was good idea to shoot whole of Adipurush on a sound stage and waste money? Should've used real locations- would've looked far far better and money saved could be used to insert CG sparingly and effectively. Bollywood really should stay away from cultural subjects. Their heart is just not into these.

A bit late to the party, but finally caught up with Ponniyin Selvan - 1, and it was fabulous!  I feel like going all in and start reading the actual Tamil novels..
The casting was great, everyone brought their A-game, Aishwarya Rai & Trisha were stand outs. Jayam Ravi was a surprise act, given the momentous feat of taking up the titular role. 

For a movie which was shot mostly through wave 1 & 2 of pandemic, its a great thing what they've achieved. 
There aren't a lot of EPIC scenes like in other recent movies, which was a good thing. As it delivered most of the stuff through proper content & screenplay. 

Eagerly waiting for PS-2 now!

Edited by Ram Dante

3 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

kA67NDK.jpg

Out now on Hotstar. And so is Prey btw.

Hellraiser should be out later today as well (in the US). So hope we get it soon. Good time to stockpile this for my Halloween time binge watch. :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Hindi and Telugu version coming next week but it lacks the nativity of the OG version.

I watched it twice in Kannada and its topclass..

The spoken kannada in OG version has a coastal-ish dialect/form, with a bit of Tulu language used here a there.

Nice to see this getting national recognition.

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

I ain't watching the new Black Panther in the movies.

After Doctor Strange II and Thor Love and Thunder, my already little faith in Marvel has diminished even further. 4/10 at best.

Black Adam is likely to be my next cinema experience. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, North said:

I ain't watching the new Black Panther in the movies.

After Doctor Strange II and Thor Love and Thunder, my already little faith in Marvel has diminished even further. 4/10 at best.

Black Adam is likely to be my next cinema experience. 

Same.

Marvel movies just don't seem to generate enough hype to go watch in theatres after DS2 and Thor4.

Meanwhile, DC's Black Adam started out 'meh' but piqued my interest recently, even before the rumors of Supe showing up. There's also Flashpoint coming soon.

Edited by gecko89

On 10/7/2022 at 7:36 AM, Ram Dante said:

A bit late to the party, but finally caught up with Ponniyin Selvan - 1, and it was fabulous!  I feel like going all in and start reading the actual Tamil novels..
The casting was great, everyone brought their A-game, Aishwarya Rai & Trisha were stand outs. Jayam Ravi was a surprise act, given the momentous feat of taking up the titular role. 

For a movie which was shot mostly through wave 1 & 2 of pandemic, its a great thing what they've achieved. 
There aren't a lot of EPIC scenes like in other recent movies, which was a good thing. As it delivered most of the stuff through proper content & screenplay. 

Eagerly waiting for PS-2 now!

Film is about Raja Raja Chola within Tamil Nadu and rest of India or does it contain his raid on the indonesian/malaysian peninsula also, i.e the naval battles?

I know only two main things about that Chola king, one that he went on a war somewhere in the north to support his nephew who was in a succession dispute vs some relative supported by local kings, and ofc the naval raids on some kingdom in Indonesia, but getting mixed up in the timelines.