Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

Leaked by DJ already. To whom he says, "Welcome Home" in the interviews and all.

wait so he said ‘ welcome home’ to someone who was already there and never left.

damn, the rock is hungery for the BADCU

43 minutes ago, Snake said:

wait so he said ‘ welcome home’ to someone who was already there and never left.

damn, the rock is hungery for the BADCU

Well, nothing was announced for so long, so everyone thought that Cavill left. Now, Man Of Steel 2 seems inevitable. And some Supes vs Black Adam kinda movie too, somewhere down the line.

Also, the cheers I was talking about were similar to this...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cj8reqEgURW/?igshid=MDlmYmQ2NmI=

9 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Well, nothing was announced for so long, so everyone thought that Cavill left. Now, Man Of Steel 2 seems inevitable. And some Supes vs Black Adam kinda movie too, somewhere down the line.

Also, the cheers I was talking about were similar to this...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cj8reqEgURW/?igshid=MDlmYmQ2NmI=

IMO, The Rock wants to headline DC. After his failed attempt at taking over FnF he now making a power grab at the DC high table with hamada gone and Zaslav making sh*t decisions.

He’ll not fight shazam (which he belongs to) , is a B-C tier villian/antihero and wants to take on supes. He always has a ‘no losing in a fight’ in his control nor will his ego allow it.

Why would The Rock want to get his a*s beaten by a barely known actor like Zachary Levi? It'd destroy the brand image he built for decades. :lol: Even Tom Cruise manages his brand in the same way. He wanted to play Ozymandias in Zack Snyder's Watchmen for example, but his ideas for the movie were too deviating from the source material. So Snyder said no and cast a much lesser known actor to avoid as much interference as possible, which is how you should do it for big IPs. Moreover, these IPs don't need stars IMO, they're already big enough.

7 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Leaked by DJ already. To whom he says, "Welcome Home" in the interviews and all.

Duuuuuuuude. You missed the best part of the movie. ;) Also, it's actually a mid-credits scene, not literally "post." The one after the flashy credits.

That scene got the most hoots and cheers. So, it added to the experience.

I was looking for zandu balm by then, more hooting would have added to the headache :tongue:

Edited by AtheK

22 hours ago, AtheK said:

Saw Black Adam, typical run of the mill superhero movie. The movie pacing is good till 2/3rd of the movie, the last 1/3rd is a drag. It's just passable, some of the scenes are good, and I liked his first scene, other then the Gal is so predictable, irritating and boring. Kid is also meh!! Overall it's just very very okish, with some good action scenes. Go for it if you are a DJ fan, he is his usual self.

6/10 for me.

Was going to watch in IMAX.

Seems local PVR will do. 

16 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

This is very well summarised. My thoughts are more or less on the same lines.

Go, only if you like some decent set-pieces and visuals (just the theatre experience that you can't have at home and there's no other movie to watch).

Otherwise, it's a proper action-oriented superhero movie. Pretty standard! The movie lacks in developing its characters.

Wait for it to come to OTT.

Also, the post-credit scene gave me goosebumps! It was so good to see "HIM" in the suit again... :wub:

You made me more confused. ARe you saying cheers and hoots were for the post-credit scene or mid-credit scene? 

8 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

You made me more confused. ARe you saying cheers and hoots were for the post-credit scene or mid-credit scene? 

Cheers was mainly for movie finally ending :harhar:

also I don’t think it actually has two scenes, Baki Maine to Pehla bhi nahin dekha.

9 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Was going to watch in IMAX.

Seems local PVR will do. 

money saved is money earned!

• Like 1

By November 16th, Zack Snyder will have finished the principal photography of Rebel Moon Part 1 & 2. It's inspired from Akira Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress and Seven Samurai - the original source of inspirations for Star Wars as well. Snyder called the Rebel Moon series as a WAR story. It's also R-rated. He shared one of the spaceships from the set today.

283bdbec-ae79-4691-893f-922e4c5a5b1b_c1999x1999.jpg

Djimon Hounsou as General Titus

89CA0GI.jpg

Anthony Hopkins as the voice of the sentient battle robot Jimmy (JC1435)

36967740-ee6b-4535-b668-4a770d35dc95_c1999x1999.jpg

Zack Snyder on the set

7f6b6a8c-8916-4f04-933c-9e87f14b9242_c19

Edited by Max Pain
  • Like 3

So....wanted to get tickets for Black Adam and in queue, some guy asked us if we wanted tickets for Kantara, since it was housefull and seats were good, bought it from him.

And mother of demigods what a film. Its an exceptional watch for anyone but if you're from coastal karnataka like I am, the spoken kannada with Tulu and Beary sprinkled in, its an even better experience.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

TIL people still buy physical tickets :ko: 

Was having lunch at a resto in same mall, planned to go for a movie last minute.

Dude who sold to us had booked on BookMyShow and seems his friends ditched him :/

Black Adam was pretty bad, reminded me of the terrible Suicide Squad(2016). Same type of lazy script and direction. Whole thing is a tonal mess and none of the jokes landed. Pierce was the saving grace but they managed to even waste him.... Crowd was silent the whole time, the trailer for Wakanda Forever got more cheers than this entire movie lol.

Samrat Prithviraj [2022] ~7/10

Was kinda forced to watch this, and it turned out pretty ok, especially since I was expecting a turd.

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent [2022] ~8/10

Loved it, Cage and Pascal were perfect as their characters and to each other. Entire movie was a blast to watch.

The Death of Stalin [2017] ~8.5/10

Recommended by a friend, one of the finest satire films I've seen. Hilarious from the beginning to the end if you like satire/black comedy.

• Like 1