Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

9 hours ago, North said:

Watched Drishyam 2. The movie BANGS.

I have very little hope with Hindi movies, even more so with sequels to movies that did well.

This did not disappoint, well worth the theatre monies. 

+1

Just came back. Such an awesome movie!

A2 has a budget of 250Mil apparently, and was shot back to back with Avatar 3 (which would decrease the overall 2 and 3 budget), so even with marketing included, I don't see how you need 8 times that amount for it to break even.

Cameron gave that statement, maybe he's trying to hype it up in his own weird way ?

Edited by gecko89

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

A2 has a budget of 250Mil apparently, and was shot back to back with Avatar 3 (which would decrease the overall 2 and 3 budget), so even with marketing included, I don't see how you need 8 times that amount for it to break even.

Cameron gave that statement, maybe he's trying to hype it up in his own weird way ?

The new rumours say 350-400 mil.

A2 got delayed multiple times and what not, the production budget is around $400M now. Marketing would be another $150M-$200M for these big movies. Studios get more % from domestic box office take than the measly 20% from China. So it needs to earn more than $2B to break even. The sequels will likely have a lesser budget if that doesn't happen.