Jump to content
STICK3Rboy

Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

Recommended Posts

 

23 hours ago, dante77 said:

Angry birds. Dora. Any superhero movie. Detective pikachu. Gulabo Sitabo. Crawl. Parasite. Jumanji or any Rock movie.

Depends on what you wanna watch. Above are movies of every genre and they were listed om my Home page of prime.

 

Animated movies? I mean they're not bad but meh. 

My family already watched Gulabo Sitabo, said it was pretty bad except the ending

 

But yes, most movies with the Rock are good family entertainers. Thanks, totally forgot about the dude hehe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chirag2001 said:

Animated movies? I mean they're not bad but meh. 

 

 

 

I find animated movies more emotionally engaging than anything live action. I just saw Coco couple of months ago. It made me more emotionally invested than any live action did. Same with Toy Story 4, Frozen 2, Tangled etc etc. idk how they manage but they do, 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah sure. Tangled and The Croods were pretty good.

 

And I like anime too, but its not a family movie thing for me at least. 

 

Prefer live action, but serious. Thinking of watching The Darkest Hour, the one where Gary Oldman finally bagged his Oscar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this classic , Kramer vs Kramer on netflix.  Had heard of it before, but finally got around to watching it.  It has aged really well and some of the themes the movie focuses is so much relevant even to this day.  It perfectly captures the dynamics of a crumbling marriage and the effects that it has the children involved.  Would definitely count it among the best movies I've watched so far.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched half of creed 1.

 

No similarity to the rocky movies in relation to the theme of them.

 

Rocky movies were much more than boxing movies, they were about life : the struggle, the hopelessness, the uprising, the epic personal conversations and you feel and root for rocky in every movie especially the first two parts.

 

No rooting here for anyone and the love story angle here was a terrible.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, saw this kannada movie on amazon prime video - kavaludari (translation : crossroads).  It's a murder mystery - more of a classic whodunit.  The pacing could've been better and the movie takes time to build up and introduce all the characters.  Its shot in a classic noir style and the plot is quite complex, which makes it interesting to watch.  Good one time watch if one's in a mood for a clever whodunit  (since its on prime, you can get subtitles if you don't understand kannada).

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw 'Da 5 Bloods' on netflix.  Seems more like a movie made for oscars.  Unless you've read up on history of blacks in US or the 'nam var, it's really hard to get into.  Might resonate well with the US audience considering their recent race related issues !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 7:16 AM, dylanjosh said:

 

 

I find animated movies more emotionally engaging than anything live action. I just saw Coco couple of months ago. It made me more emotionally invested than any live action did. Same with Toy Story 4, Frozen 2, Tangled etc etc. idk how they manage but they do, 

 

I think it's because animated movies are mostly aimed at children? :fear: Obviously such movies rely more on emotion-driven storytelling than the subtler, thought or implication driven live-action movies (apart from the ones that are also aimed at children). :fear: Not trying to belittle, but... you get my point... I think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Saw 'Da 5 Bloods' on netflix.  Seems more like a movie made for oscars.  Unless you've read up on history of blacks in US or the 'nam var, it's really hard to get into.  Might resonate well with the US audience considering their recent race related issues !

 

Its not that great, one of the Spike Lee misfires. I doubt it'll even get Oscar nod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Panda said:

 

I think it's because animated movies are mostly aimed at children? :fear: Obviously such movies rely more on emotion-driven storytelling than the subtler, thought or implication driven live-action movies (apart from the ones that are also aimed at children). :fear: Not trying to belittle, but... you get my point... I think?

 

It's mainly because in animation you have 100% control over everything, not possible in live action, atleast not unless you have gorillions of dollars, and certain things can't be done even with gorillions of dollars,

vid related

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

 

Its not that great, one of the Spike Lee misfires. I doubt it'll even get Oscar nod.

 

you never know, considering the political climate there, I wont be surprised if it did get nominated.  Agree that its an average movie though, but then so was crash, which went onto win the best picture award :-/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

 

you never know, considering the political climate there, I wont be surprised if it did get nominated.  Agree that its an average movie though, but then so was crash, which went onto win the best picture award :-/

 

I just remembered that Black Panther got 6 nominations and 3 Oscars, so yeah I take it back lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I just remembered that Black Panther got 6 nominations and 3 Oscars, so yeah I take it back lol.

Wtf did black panther get an award for lol. What a mediocre movie it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wtf did black panther get an award for lol. What a mediocre movie it was.
That's very racially insensitive of you. It won the Oscars for representing a race predominantly while we continue to ignore other races like Asain in Hollywood. /s

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2020 at 7:44 PM, Ne0 said:

So, saw this kannada movie on amazon prime video - kavaludari (translation : crossroads).  It's a murder mystery - more of a classic whodunit.  The pacing could've been better and the movie takes time to build up and introduce all the characters.  Its shot in a classic noir style and the plot is quite complex, which makes it interesting to watch.  Good one time watch if one's in a mood for a clever whodunit  (since its on prime, you can get subtitles if you don't understand kannada).

 

 

 

 

 

I found the movie is a drag. Its really slow.
However the director's previous movie "Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu " is really good. 

 

Watch Bell Bottom n Gultoo if you haven't already :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, silentassassin said:

 

I found the movie is a drag. Its really slow.
However the director's previous movie "Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu " is really good. 

 

Watch Bell Bottom n Gultoo if you haven't already :)

Yeah, it's definitely slow paced. I watched in multiple sittings after pausing in between and coming back.  Will check out the other two, thanks.  Are they on prime video/Netflix ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...