Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Oh wow! That Batman trailer is so good. Definitely looks to have potential to top TDK.

Also, can't wait to see more of Paul Dano as The Riddler. He's such an underrated actor. I honestly think he would be great as Joker too, but Riddler will do.

Ohh and I did not recognise Colin Farrel at all until someone in the comments pointed it out.

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Oh wow! That Batman trailer is so good. Definitely looks to have potential to top TDK.

Also, can't wait to see more of Paul Dano as The Riddler. He's such an underrated actor. I honestly think he would be great as Joker too, but Riddler will do.

Yeah, this could potentially top TDK. Trailer looks phenomenal. 

No complaints, other than Pattinson's hairstyle lol

Don't they'll have Joker as antagonist for Pattinson in even the sequel, considering we just had a movie about Joker's origin story, and Phoenix said he won't be reprising this role 

9 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Who the f**k are half these guys?

Why have they wasted Idris Elba on this "bloodsport" character?

The whole marketing is around James Gunn, the next avatar of Steven Speilberg apparently. Looks sh*t tbh. Nobody can do justice with so many characters. Looks like most of them will be disposable at the drop of a hat. 

Batman, OTOH, dope. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

39 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Why have they wasted Idris Elba on this "bloodsport" character?

He is the one who shoots Superman...

The panel revealed that Bloodsport is in prison for shooting Superman with a kryptonite bullet,

In the DC Comics, Bloodsport is a Superman foe and has been a few different people throughout the character's history. The character first appeared in Superman #2 in 1987 and was created by John Byrne and Karl Kesel.

Edited by Joe Cool

39 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Don't they'll have Joker as antagonist for Pattinson in even the sequel, considering we just had a movie about Joker's origin story, and Phoenix said he won't be reprising this role 

The trailer has Joker thugs, so I imagine he'll show up in some part of the trilogy.

I actually don't want Phoenix's Joker to show up in this (Matt Reeves has already confirmed this but you never know). I want someone new with a different take on the character.

12 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

The trailer has Joker thugs, so I imagine he'll show up in some part of the trilogy.

I actually don't want Phoenix's Joker to show up in this (Matt Reeves has already confirmed this but you never know). I want someone new with a different take on the character.

Yeah Phoenix's Joker didn't have the antagonist feel to it. 

Is it already confirmed this will be a trilogy? Thats good news. Pattinson seems like an excellent Batman.

10 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, it'll be weird with the storyline, though, I guess. In Joker, Bruce is a kid. Now in The Batman, it's Batman's second year, so Phoenix would have to be aged significantly to make sense, timeline-wise.

Of course, they can always say that The Batman is set in a different universe and Phoenix is just The Joker there.

What they could also do is show some other guy who's become The Joker, inspired by Phoenix's whole 'chaos' at the end of that movie.

1 minute ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yeah Phoenix's Joker didn't have the antagonist feel to it. 

Is it already confirmed this will be a trilogy? Thats good news. Pattinson seems like an excellent Batman.

Phoenix Joker is a demented psycopath though, like all jokers, only this time you see his backstory through his perspective, so you get all the feels for him.

You could make him an antagonist for Vampire Batman, but they would need some time travel sh*t lmao

Phoenix joker film is set in the 60s afaik.

14 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yup. Confirmed to be a trilogy.

Imagine getting Willem Dafoe as Joker. That would be a nice Pattinson-Dafoe reunion after The Lighthouse :P

26 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Phoenix Joker will be ruined if they force it into any other movie.

That character works best as a standalone.

Each of the Jokers has a different objective in their movies. Yes Phoenix Joker appears to work best standalone.

Edited by Mysteryman