Jump to content
STICK3Rboy

Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 4k bluray looks phenomenal. Crisp af picture, no grainy bullshit.

 

 

Marvel movies don't do grainy bs. 

 

Check IW. Great stuff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many times are we going to buy LOTR? :lol:

 

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 isn't true 4K. Upscaled stuff but still looks good thanks to visuals and color palette. Same for other Marvel movies. All fake 4K. 

 

Interstellar is picture perfect in 4K. The entire Nolan box is worth it. 

 

Harry Potter 1 & 2 also look fantastic. When you watch 1-7 back to back you will easily notice the difference between 1-2 and rest of the films (3 to 8 aren't true 4K). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

 

Interstellar is picture perfect in 4K. The entire Nolan box is worth it. 

 

If only I hadn't seen it like 4 times already :wallbash:

Edited by quixote_1989

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

 

If only I hadn't seen it like 4 times already :wallbash:


Interstellar is probably the one movie that gives me the actual urge to sit and do a re-watch (other movies, just remain as thoughts).
And every time I do, I actually sit through the whole movie in one sitting. Its one helluva experience!  :hypocrite:

Edited by Ram Dante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

How many times are we going to buy LOTR? :lol:

 

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 isn't true 4K. Upscaled stuff but still looks good thanks to visuals and color palette. Same for other Marvel movies. All fake 4K. 

 

Interstellar is picture perfect in 4K. The entire Nolan box is worth it. 

 

Harry Potter 1 & 2 also look fantastic. When you watch 1-7 back to back you will easily notice the difference between 1-2 and rest of the films (3 to 8 aren't true 4K). 

As many time as it takes..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Watched Greenland.

Quite good, a more grounded approach on an extinction level event.

Not sure how it has 100% on RT tho :/

I'd give it 7~7.5 out of 10.

Is it different than 100s of similarly themed movies ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Is it different than 100s of similarly themed movies ?

Very few CG shots compared to other disaster flicks. Most of the story revolves around Butlers family trying to get to a safe place and the different kind of people they meet long the way. Its like from the view of the family instead of global scale events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dante77 said:
4 hours ago, gecko89 said:
Watched Greenland.
Quite good, a more grounded approach on an extinction level event.
Not sure how it has 100% on RT tho :/
I'd give it 7~7.5 out of 10.

Where? You're not talking about cam rip, right?

Na, got an amazon prime webdl.

QxR has a 5.2GB  hevc 10bit file on kickass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

AFAIK, UHD blus are region free too. 

And atleast twice the price :ack:
 

18 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Marvel movies don't do grainy bs. 

 

Check IW. Great stuff. 

Marvel has some issue with audio transfer. All their blu-rays are quite underwhelming in dynamic range and just don’t sound crisp as compared to say a Nolan movie. 
 

16 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Interstellar is picture perfect in 4K. The entire Nolan box is worth it. 

That’s because Nolan cares and knows it makes a difference. 
Interstellar was one of the two BDs I used to audition my sound set-up, and you could just as easily use it for auditioning video. A few scenes are simply staggering.  That IMAX shot of spinning Endurance against the black hole backdrop :fap:


Another one of my favourites though less out there: the canon fires in TDK when Bruce is trying to re-create the thumbprint. Those canon shots go through your goddamn soul. Alfred: “I don’t think you made it quite loud enough sir” :D 
 

These are the moments that make buying equipment worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Has anyone here watched the Boyka (Scott Adkins) series? Are they good and also how many movies are there in that series?

Yes watched all of them. Undisputed 2 is thr best but 3 and 4 are also good. There are 3 in the boyka series, undisputed 2,3,4.

 

You can also check out Never back down 1,2,3 though not Boyka.

Edited by playstationdude
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...