Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Saw Freaky yesterday. Very well made Crime-Comedy. Do not expect too much from the story since it is the usual soul-swap story but this time between a teenage blonde and a serial killer. Doesn't get boring and decent for one time watch after the mindf**k Nolan gave with Tenet. Yeah, i needed something like this movie after Tenet:wallbash: 

Need to watch Tenet again to grasp it better.

Watched Ad Astra last night. It's pretty slow. By which I mean, it's majestically beautiful, and moves at a sloth's pace most of the time. It feels even slower, and consequently longer, because of slo-mo shots and the moody score, which makes it feel like the entire film is in slo-mo, like Snyder movies, but it's closer to Blade Runner 2049 in vibe and feel.

It also gets most things correct in scientific depiction (in the larger context), and did keep me interested most of the time. Some of the shots are truly jaw-dropping. 

A more lively score, and (slightly) better editing would've made me like it much more, but I guess they were going more for a dramatic silhouette for it. 

Hotstar pinches the audio quite a bit to compensate for video and Pitt's enunciation compounds clarity in speech. Thankfully, there isn't much dialog. 

If you're interested in space, exploration, and how it'd look and feel to be out there, visually this movie nails it. 

7/10; 11 for visual depiction of the solar system. 

Edit: Just read that the DP is Hoyte Van Hoytema, who has also worked on Interstellar, Dunkirk, Spectre, Her, and Tenet. Goddamn what a talent. :majesty: 

Edit 2: and if you have to go before your time, there's no better way to go than on an outer space mission. When they release the captain, woosh. Goosebumps. 

Edited by achilles

Saw Freaky yesterday. Very well made Crime-Comedy. Do not expect too much from the story since it is the usual soul-swap story but this time between a teenage blonde and a serial killer. Doesn't get boring and decent for one time watch after the mindf**k Nolan gave with Tenet. Yeah, i needed something like this movie after Tenet:wallbash: 
Need to watch Tenet again to grasp it better.
Where?

Enjoyed Tenet. Had flaws but was a very cool movie. 

Plot wise it misses the mark big time. Bland story with awful antagonist. Female characters were written poorly. Didn't like the bond between Kat and the protagonist. Felt forced. Not much of explaining or covering back story and all.

An ambitious project that could have been better but still enjoyable to watch.