Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

19 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Battle of the top 0.1%. 

Who the f**k cares ? :lol:

Seriously. Fk cinema halls having a monopoly over movies. This isn't the 1960s and most big budget movies are creatively bankrupt anyway. And I'm sure Will Smith and Jolie will survive. 

41 minutes ago, adity said:

Theatres will suffer for this but tbh they're f**ked anyways. Forcing people to go to cinemas in the middle of a pandemic makes little sense as well. 

25 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Seriously. Fk cinema halls having a monopoly over movies. This isn't the 1960s and most big budget movies are creatively bankrupt anyway. And I'm sure Will Smith and Jolie will survive. 

Yeah. They had no problems charging 500 bucks for a popcorn bucket, 800 bucks for a pizza, so f**k cinema halls. 

The other actors are mostly pissed off due to bruised egos. Meh, they will survive. I do suspect all the parties will try to mobilize their fan base against WB. People are stupid, and will get caught up in this battle where only those at the top will benefit. 

Ye Cinema waalo ko 600 rupee ka popcorn bechne pe baddua lagi hai. Aur becho BC overpriced popcorn and coke at 500% margin. Saalo ne loot macha rakhi thi. Eventually karma came back to bite them in a*s.

Just now, adity said:

Actually yeah when you come to think of it. We don't really need cinemas. Picture quality at my home is certainly better than theatres. Only the sound is lacking. 

Yes. Only the 3D movies I would miss, otherwise a 4K release at home with a good speaker system or good pair of wireless headphones is way better. Plus, you can take your own bathroom breaks and bring your own snacks :drunk:

Honest Thief - that was painfully bad. Not even the usual Liam Neeson entertainment. [emoji20]
Yeah, I left it after first 20 mins cos of the bizzare and absolutely stupid storyline..

Movie going was a wonderful experience, then cinema halls got greedy And raised prices for tickets and extremely overpriced snacks, popcorns etc. Now, I am actually content watching stuff on my tv and soundbar with subwoofer in a dark room gives an awesome experience itself.. Plus don't have to deal with people talking on mobiles and munching snacks loudly in between the movie..

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, adity said:

Actually yeah when you come to think of it. We don't really need cinemas. Picture quality at my home is certainly better than theatres. Only the sound is lacking. 

Some big releases, an IMAX will always trump home cinema. I remember watching Aquaman at IMAX, twice. LOL. Love the huge screen, but hate the noisy crowd. However the cheers during some of the segments was worthwhile (Aquaman turning into...well Aqauman, Cap AM picking up Thor's hammer etc). 

Dunkirk, Interstellar etc were AMAZING in theaters. 

I wouldn't watch a boring a*s drama on big screen though. It does have it's place. 

21 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Some big releases, an IMAX will always trump home cinema. I remember watching Aquaman at IMAX, twice. LOL. Love the huge screen, but hate the noisy crowd. However the cheers during some of the segments was worthwhile (Aquaman turning into...well Aqauman, Cap AM picking up Thor's hammer etc). 

Dunkirk, Interstellar etc were AMAZING in theaters.

Agreed. IMAX is a different level of viewing experience. 

Hooting and cheering for a movie like Avengers is the only thing I'll miss. For any genre I think I am ok with watching at home.

There is one more thing though, when people talk about you know like going somewhere, movies theaters are of the common things that come to their mind. Whether its with a friend or their better halves. But I am not gonna miss this

24 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Alfred Molina is reportedly reprising his role as Otto Octavius, aka Doctor Octopus, for Tom Holland’s next Spider-Man film.

First Jamie Foxx(Amazing Spiderman 2) returning as Electro and now this, sounds a lot like Sony is cracking open their multi-verse.

Edit: Read the IGN article and apparently Dr. Strange is also in it. This might just be the best Spidey film since Raimi's Spiderman 2.

Edited by gecko89

Am I the only one who likes Garfield more than both Tobey and Holland? 

Spoiler

The romance is always a solid part of the Spiderman movies, and I think Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone were the best actors, and had the best on screen chemistry. The plot was still meh, I agree.