Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Baymax!, a series based on Big Hero 6, is arriving in early 2022

Zootopia Plus, a new series based on Zootopia, is hitting the streaming service in spring 2022

Tiana, based on The Princess and The Frog, is premiering on Disney Plus in 2023

A longform musical comedy series for Moana, hitting Disney Plus in 2023

Encanto, a new movie set in Colombia with music written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, is in development

Iwaju, an original longform series made in partnership with Kugali Media, is premiering on Disney Plus in 2022

6 minutes ago, Right said:

Nolan had opposed releasing movie on the  OTT. Otherwise it could’ve been put on OTT in the July itself.

Because he is losing money? Why you think he is still pissed? He didn't produce the movie to put it on streaming. 

22 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Because he is losing money? Why you think he is still pissed? He didn't produce the movie to put it on streaming. 

You are getting it backwards.

He was opponent of putting movie on OTT at release. Warner respected his opinion and allowed  theatre release date to be postponed, 3 times.

It got released and bombed in the US/UK. So now Warner will do whatever it can to recover the cost.

But Nolan's shortsightness has cost them big, they wouldn't get the same deal from OTT (had they put it on release back in July itsel).

9 minutes ago, Right said:

You are getting it backwards.

He was opponent of putting movie on OTT at release. Warner respected his opinion and allowed  theatre release date to be postponed, 3 times.

It got released and bombed in the US/UK. So now Warner will do whatever it can to recover the cost.

But Nolan's shortsightness has cost them big, they wouldn't get the same deal from OTT (had they put it on release back in July itsel).

Nolan gets 20% of the box office money. He still made $60-70m by pushing the movie for theatrical release while Warner took $100m+ loss.

Putting the movie for streaming from start won't make him money as much he wanted to. 

43 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Nolan gets 20% of the box office money. He still made $60-70m by pushing the movie for theatrical release while Warner took $100m+ loss.

Putting the movie for streaming from start won't make him money as much he wanted to. 

I didn't quite realized that they have grossed 360m. Thought it totally bombed. 

46 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I think 70mill isnt his profit/salary, probably covers what he invested as a producer.

Isn't it a joint production ? Who knows how much has WB or Nolan invested ? Overall was around 200 mills ? And haven't they recovered that already ?

Cry me a river if I don't give a sh*t about their financials. They'll survive. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Isn't it a joint production ? Who knows how much has WB or Nolan invested ? Overall was around 200 mills ? And haven't they recovered that already ?

Cry me a river if I don't give a sh*t about their financials. They'll survive. 

They are loosing 100 mill +, while they will survive no doubt but it does affect production of other franchises like DC and Harry Potter