What you bought this week - 2020 edition

Heaven Angel

13 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Can someone say why Ikea is only in Hyderabad? I think they have online service in Mumbai also but not sure.

I wish they'd at least deliver to Delhi lol

Nice Purchase @Pacifier

Thanks. 

I think when they planned to open first store in india and scouting for locations, they got a pretty great prime location and (tax breaks?) in Hyderabad.

It is right in the middle of IT Sez. People even walked to the store during office lunch break (when it was new) to check it out. It was that close. 

Currently store in Hyderabad and online for Mumbai/Pune/Hyderabad.

But i think they have plan to expand all across India by 2025. So in due time, it would be opened.

30 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Can someone say why Ikea is only in Hyderabad? I think they have online service in Mumbai also but not sure.

Nice Purchase @Pacifier

I think the standard philosophy of Ikea wala is to have a HUGE horizontal spread for their showrooms, and acquiring that quantity of land in proper residential areas is hard.

Maybe they got big land block in Hyderabad, and not in other cities as of yet.

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

I think the standard philosophy of Ikea wala is to have a HUGE horizontal spread for their showrooms, and acquiring that quantity of land in proper residential areas is hard.

Maybe they got big land block in Hyderabad, and not in other cities as of yet.

They literally got a small hill right near the prime IT area. That piece of land and nearby areas have transformed beyond recognition in the past 3 years. 

9 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Got this from IKEA

CTy11tM.jpg

Arm rests were OOS. Waiting for them to be available. Assembling it was also fun

5wRCpDY.jpg

Great purchase man. Any reason going for this over the Markus? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Nice Purchase @Pacifier

They're already making one in Navi Mumbai and it was close to opening but then covid happened. 

16 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Great purchase man. Any reason going for this over the Markus? 

Thank you. Yea i considered that as well  but this one has adjustable options for Headrest, lumbar support and seat depth as well. (also that one might have been popular model and always out of stock)

You can see them in action in the picture gallery 

https://www.ikea.com/in/en/p/jaervfjaellet-office-chair-gunnared-dark-grey-00363595/

The seat's head rest height was already high in its lowest point for me, so that option was a dud anyways for my height 5' 9''.

But the adjustable depth and lumbar support makes up for the extra cost. 

36 minutes ago, DinJo said:

How much did the chair cost and can you sit straight and put pressure and still it stays intact? 

It costed 15.9K without the arm rests. They are additional 2k but currently OOS. 

Yes. it is VERY sturdy. The back frame is made of steel and stays intact. 

Also not sure if its a common feature, but the chair doesn't move easily when you are not sitting. Wheels have some resistance which goes away when you sit on it.

-----

I did consider regular chairs online ~10K  but the thought of not getting the right fit and being stuck with it put me off. And i didn't want to go out shopping with Covid and all.

With ikea its purchase online and pick up from parking lot and it has 60-90 day return policy if its in unused condition (that gives me a chance to try and return immediately if not a good fit). Although i think they are now not taking up blind returns given current circumstances (and may be due to people abusing the policy ofcourse)

Edited by Pacifier

23 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Thanks. 

I think when they planned to open first store in india and scouting for locations, they got a pretty great prime location and (tax breaks?) in Hyderabad.

It is right in the middle of IT Sez. People even walked to the store during office lunch break (when it was new) to check it out. It was that close. 

Currently store in Hyderabad and online for Mumbai/Pune/Hyderabad.

But i think they have plan to expand all across India by 2025. So in due time, it would be opened.

Yup. Its right in the middle of IT Sez. Huggee space they got there. Couldnt go still when i visited hyderabad :wallbash:

Hyderabad stay was good. Ulvacharu Biryani :wub: