What you bought this week - 2020 edition

Heaven Angel

2 hours ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:

Congrats! Were you put on a waitlist or something? How long did they took to respond?

I had clicked "Notify Me" button on Nvidia website in September and October multiple times, then started emailing RPTech by mid November and finally calling them them around mid December.

• Like 1

I had clicked "Notify Me" button on Nvidia website in September and October multiple times, then started emailing RPTech by mid November and finally calling them them around mid December.
Thanks. On their website it says in stock, but still they ask to send enquiry by filling a form. I guess they have a wait list or something now.

8 minutes ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:
20 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

Thanks. On their website it says in stock, but still they ask to send enquiry by filling a form. I guess they have a wait list or something now.

I have heard people mention wait list. However, I believe that there are not adhering to it. I have seen people who contacted them in November and December get their cards. Try calling them on the phone and explain your situation and wait time. That is the only thing that worked for me. All emails had the same copy paste response.

• Like 1

I have heard people mention wait list. However, I believe that there are not adhering to it. I have seen people who contacted them in November and December get their cards. Try calling them on the phone and explain your situation and wait time. That is the only thing that worked for me. All emails had the same copy paste response.
Yes will try calling them. I had sent enquiry using that form a few times now but didn't receive any response.

7 hours ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:
7 hours ago, TheMonark said:

I had emailed them for 3080 a while back and got a reply yesterday. It's currently not available and will be back in stock in "3 weeks".

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

I had emailed them for 3080 a while back and got a reply yesterday. It's currently not available and will be back in stock in "3 weeks".

My suggestion would be to start calling them after a week and make them remember your name. So when the card is in stock, you get the priority. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My suggestion would be to start calling them after a week and make them remember your name. So when the card is in stock, you get the priority. [emoji4]

Unfortunately transparency is very poor with them. Some people have been waiting for months have not got it, some people got it in days.

There are also reports with proof on Reddit about rptech employees selling the cards to distributors like prime under the table who in turn further sell it for a premium.

It’s all very shady to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

What os you use as nas Server . Im using WD my cloud since 4 years but now its showing its age. 

Currently just using Plex on Windows for media streaming but once I migrate my older 4 TB drives to larger drives I plan on using FreeNAS on a dedicated server. 

4 minutes ago, jak3072 said:

Sorry but I'm kinda a noob on this area. What's a NAS & what's it uses?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Its like mass storage connected to network.

I didn't know about it either, came across them when researching plex. People with a massive library of movies/tv shows/any media content store them in NAS and access from a plex client app.

That's one use, might have other uses I'm not aware of.

26 minutes ago, jak3072 said:

It varies but for me NAS acts as a media hub which can be accessed from anywhere over the internet 24x7.
So instead of sharing media content over hard drive/pen drive, you can just remotely access your stuff for streaming. It also sorts and categorises the content in a cool interface which can be understood by tech noobs as well.

Edited by PSFooty7

FreeNas requires quite a beefy pc from my experience. 

Yeah,I have a i5 3570k lying around which I will be using. Currently my 3800x does the transcoding natively for Plex.

4 minutes ago, PSFooty7 said:

Yeah,I have a i5 3570k lying around which I will be using. Currently my 3800x does the transcoding natively for Plex.

Great i dont like personal Pc as NAS because they eat too much space, have you checked Kobol.io nas systems?

25 minutes ago, jak3072 said:

18 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Its like mass storage connected to network.

I didn't know about it either, came across them when researching plex. People with a massive library of movies/tv shows/any media content store them in NAS and access from a plex client app.

That's one use, might have other uses I'm not aware of.

Preety much what @gecko89 said , also helps with downloads, so you dont have to keep pc on overnight.

It varies but for me NAS acts as a media hub which can be accessed from anywhere over the internet 24x7.
So instead of sharing media content over hard drive/pen drive, you can just remotely access your stuff for streaming. It also sorts and categorises the content in a cool interface which can be understood by tech noobs as well.

That sounds interesting. So do you need a separate pc for it or just connect HD to the router.?