Will you subscribe to the new PS Plus Tiers.   

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Housemarque boss hopeful Returnal will find a new audience on PS Plus

He's hopeful players will "dare to try" the game. "There's no hidden cost, if you like, it's easy to get into," he said.

returnal-has-some-handy-debug-cheat-code

He continued: "Sony does [make] some wise decisions, like funding this game. They started to fund this game five years ago, they took a leap of faith."

It’s a new beginning for PSplus with games like SM:MilesM & Returnal being added 1-1.5 years respectively. 

I think this is boon for core gamers who don’t care about day1 specially here in third world where costs are through the roof & constant sale purchase is not for everyone. 

They need to unleash all of their first party might & have some good third party games in same 12 month old range & this new service would turn out to be great for ppl like me. 

11 minutes ago, AnK said:

Housemarque boss hopeful Returnal will find a new audience on PS Plus

He's hopeful players will "dare to try" the game. "There's no hidden cost, if you like, it's easy to get into," he said.

returnal-has-some-handy-debug-cheat-code

He continued: "Sony does [make] some wise decisions, like funding this game. They started to fund this game five years ago, they took a leap of faith."

They're taking another leap of faith again with a very small developer by funding their first AAA returnal like title with MP elements. 

• Like 1

To me, it's OK if they don't provide Day-1 first party additions. Jim Ryan already said it's not sustainable for them and they won't be taking that route. However, it would bother me if the first party titles they did add to the library at a later date are not permanent additions. If I'm adding a game like The Last of Us, which has now passed 2 consoles generations, there is no reason why it shouldn't be a permanent addition. I remember them adding Spider-Man & God of War to the PSNow library and then removing it a few months later. I mean if you're not able to retain your own older first party titles on the subscription service, then you better have an impressive library of 3rd party titles to compensate for it. 

It will be compared to GamesPass because this notion of Day1 games are the USP & brightest selling point is something that M$ wants ppl to believe even though that’s not the truth in reality. 

Even GamesPass is doing well coz ppl are getting to play RDR2,DoomEternal,Hitman3,Scarlet Nexus,Hades,GOG,Life Is Strange TC & all 6-18 months post release. 

The day1 games from first party are too few & far apart & mostly milked to death franchises with third party day1 being moderate-bad to utter garbage.

3 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

To me, it's OK if they don't provide Day-1 first party additions. Jim Ryan already said it's not sustainable for them and they won't be taking that route. However, it would bother me if the first party titles they did add to the library at a later date are not permanent additions. If I'm adding a game like The Last of Us, which has now passed 2 consoles generations, there is no reason why it shouldn't be a permanent addition. I remember them adding Spider-Man & God of War to the PSNow library and then removing it a few months later. I mean if you're not able to retain your own older first party titles on the subscription service, then you better have an impressive library of 3rd party titles to compensate for it. 

Yes I completely want this too & is something very very important that hasn’t been clarified yet.

If Returnal & MilesM is going to be removed by the time I buy PS5 then it’s a useless service. 
First Party & a lot of third party need to stay permanent & a lot longer respectively since now they are charging a lot more than what they were with PSnow. 

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

It will be compared to GamesPass because this notion of Day1 games are the USP & brightest selling point is something that M$ wants ppl to believe even though that’s not the truth in reality. 

Even GamesPass is doing well coz ppl are getting to play RDR2,DoomEternal,Hitman3,Scarlet Nexus,Hades,GOG,Life Is Strange TC & all 6-18 months post release. 

The day1 games from first party are too few & far apart & mostly milked to death franchises with third party day1 being moderate-bad to utter garbage.

Correct. Their 3rd party offering is very strong and most of them (if not all) stay on the service for a long time. The logic is simple, keep people hooked with the 3rd party library while they continue to work with their first party build up. With their massive studio expansions, the service would have a broader appeal considering the influx of titles they'd offer from Activision/Blizzards catalogue. 

Day1 is not GamesPass’s success story as it is being pushed & the other aspect being set aside. 

That’s all I’m saying,it’s being pushed & promoted & end of the day compared coz it’s a USP that others can neither do right away nor promise for the future.

Although future is what most of the gamers are banking on when it comes to GamesPass & history tells us that one shouldn’t absolutely bank on future promises……no matter how lucrative they sound. 

In hope of a brighter than brightest future one can’t/shouldn’t draw comparison with Sony that can’t possibly throw all their apples which are ready & set to go at this point in time. 

Edited by AnK

No!! I’m saying ppl are more happy with one aspect that is put up as a second fiddle to the other one,which is being projected as the USP but in reality shouldn’t be. 

& when I say this I ain’t talking about just the second half of 2021 but the whole 5(soon to be 6) years of the service in existence. 

Edited by AnK

10 minutes ago, AnK said:

No!! I’m saying ppl are more happy with one aspect that is put up as a second fiddle to the other one,which is being projected as the USP but in reality shouldn’t be. 

& when I say this I ain’t talking about just the second half of 2021 but the whole 5(soon to be 6) years of the service in existence. 

Entire MS library, old or new, is the draw.

Which is ridiculous in size cause of Bethesda/Activision purchase.

On top you get day 1 Halo Infinite/ Forza Horizon 5. 

Not that hard to see why the service is liked.

It matters when you start comparing the day1 aspect with other services when in actuality it was pretty dry & ppl want other service’s bombastic first party showing up on day1 starting today. 

Happy with the service?!?…..good great.

Just don’t draw an apple to orange comparison to where others are standing in this point in time. 

Sony’s first party(along with third maybe) showing up in 1 year range of release is very well poised to become the core strength of their service just like the games showing up in 6-18 month range of release on the competition. 

7 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Entire MS library, old or new, is the draw.

Which is ridiculous in size cause of Bethesda/Activision purchase.

On top you get day 1 Halo Infinite/ Forza Horizon 5. 

Not that hard to see why the service is liked.

In this case entire Sony library will be the draw.

Which won’t require any acquisitions either.

As I said 6 years of service you can’t  just count the 6 months of 2021 & say Sony should start doing the same.

Edited by AnK

1 minute ago, AnK said:

In this case entire Sony library will be the draw.

Which won’t require any accusations either.

As I said 6 years of service you can’t  just count the 6 months of 2021 & say Sony should start doing the same.

Let them put it first, then we can debate which is better. 

Also what's this about accusations?

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I didn't say it's bad. I said it doesn't make sense for me because I play these games day 1 anyways. It makes sense for patient gamers who can't/won't pay for the good games. 

Just like GamesPass doesn’t make sense for ppl who play only good quality AAA & that too day1. 

& have been bored to death by Halo/Gears/Forza. 

We all have our reasons individually. 

Just now, Vaibhavp said:

Let them put it first, then we can debate which is better. 

Also what's this about accusations?

acquisitions*

Obviously they will put their entire past library….it was already there on PSnow. 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Just like GamesPass doesn’t make sense for ppl who play only good quality AAA & that too day1. 

& have been bored to death by Halo/Gears/Forza. 

We all have our reasons individually. 

Sea of Thieves, Flight Simulator. 

Their library has true variety. Don't blame them if you don't have the taste for varied genres. 

I have played them all and they are fantastic. Not new ip in name, with same basic mechanics.

• Haha 2

Dude Sea of thieves came out 4 years ago. 

There was a 3.5 year gap between Sea of thieves & Flight Simulator. 

& neither of the game falls under the conventional catagory. 
One is Gaas with poor launch & the other has training program backdrop. 

As I said everyone has their reasons….most of the ppl I’m sure don’t see these two games as the reason to buy Xbox.

If you believe a lot many ppl have bought Xbox in past 5 years so that they can play Sea of thieves & Flight Simulator on GamesPass instead of RDR2,DoomEternal,Scarlet Nexus,Hitman3,Hades,GOG,Yakuza series then well….you are free to believe. 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

• Assassins Creed changed the title to Official PlayStation Plus thread