Will you subscribe to the new PS Plus Tiers.   

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

People are angry on reddit.

Good i've never subbed for PS plus so I just have to pay the 5k for 12 months for ps+ extra :fear:

damn, can’t believe they’d stoop this low. Greedy bastids

now who’ll want to convert?

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

Hmmm Sad that they aren’t offering discounts on launch. 

Maybe sometime down the line they will. 

Discount on launch is not the concern, people are fuming because they are technically taking back the discount which people have already availed for PS Plus. Read the thread. 

From the thread:

This is an unbelievably ridiculous act by Sony. I'm from mainland China and the majority of players here have their PS+ service in HK.

They have been fuming since the news broke out that in order to upgrade, they'll have to pay the full price plus the discounted part of PS+ for all the remaining years of their subscription.

These conditions are simply unacceptable: first, you get to 'return' the discounted part; second, you cannot choose to upgrade for a month, a season, or a year, instead, you have to upgrade for what is left in your subscription, which, can be a lot of years, as many players bought like 10+ years during the promotion.

As a result, we've seen players being asked by Sony to pay as much as 8000+ hkd to upgrade. You see, these players are the hard-core ones and now this is what they get for their loyalty.

Edited by SuperT

27 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

People are angry on reddit.

Good i've never subbed for PS plus so I just have to pay the 5k for 12 months for ps+ extra :fear:

N7cVu4t.gif

Spoiler

Surely a bug that's gonna be sorted out?

• Haha 9

14 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

N7cVu4t.gif

Hide contents

Surely a bug that's gonna be sorted out?

If the outrage is big enough then sure it will be a "bug" and they will remove the "pay us back the discount amount" part

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Discount on launch is not the concern, people are fuming because they are technically taking back the discount which people have already availed for PS Plus. Read the thread. 

From the thread:

This is an unbelievably ridiculous act by Sony. I'm from mainland China and the majority of players here have their PS+ service in HK.

They have been fuming since the news broke out that in order to upgrade, they'll have to pay the full price plus the discounted part of PS+ for all the remaining years of their subscription.

These conditions are simply unacceptable: first, you get to 'return' the discounted part; second, you cannot choose to upgrade for a month, a season, or a year, instead, you have to upgrade for what is left in your subscription, which, can be a lot of years, as many players bought like 10+ years during the promotion.

As a result, we've seen players being asked by Sony to pay as much as 8000+ hkd to upgrade. You see, these players are the hard-core ones and now this is what they get for their loyalty.

This. 

Wasn't expecting discounts on launch, but trying to recover discounts already given for base PS+ is grade A dick move. 

Infact, it's such a big deal I feel they did not account for those who got the base ps+ on discount long back and this might be an unforeseen bug.

14 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

People who stacked for 20 years wanting to upgrade to extra now :-

1637839155553-paragliding-man-vipin-sahu

Only 1 person seems to be in that category . Also He must have been thinking i am set for gaming in my old age now or this Sub will last when I have kids in teens now . So won't have to pay anything extra then :P

• Assassins Creed changed the title to Official PlayStation Plus thread
12 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I don't get it. How does Sony know if you got it for a discount?

I guess these are for the ones that you get from days of play or black friday sale on PSN

To be honest this is also an indication that discounts on PS+Essential will forever remain separate & one would have to wait for PS+Extra specific discounts to avail them. 

Discounted PS+Essential will forever remain useless for ppl interested in PS+Extra. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

I don't get it. How does Sony know if you got it for a discount?

See the screen shot I have put above..

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

If i bought a code from prepaid gamer for cheap then how Sony knows i got it for cheap? 

Codes, Sony won't know.. Direct buy from store when on discount...