Will you subscribe to the new PS Plus Tiers.   

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, AnK said:

The service & it’s content is still new & unpredictable. 
I don’t think they’ll offer discount on launch but fall or next year they might. 

Also many ppl were ready with stacked up discounted PS+ & they are honouring those discounts now. 

You are kinda little bit late sadly. 

Okk.  Thnx. 

Yes I'm late coz of various circumstances. Life is very unpredictable in my case and i don't have an idea about how long I'll have time to play , that's why didn't stacked. ??

13 minutes ago, realsoccerdude111 said:

23 is bit too late?

Also the game library in extra seems like 200 games or so at the moment..instead of promised 300-400 games..

Will new games be added on monthly basis to the library or what?

Yes, it's the poor company's gamepass right now.

And maybe that 300-400 figure will be reached by padding the library with old games from like PS1,PS2 and maybe PS3.

btw people in North America get it even later I think, they are probably doing this according to player base in each region, asia prolly has the least.

7 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

And maybe that 300-400 figure will be reached by padding the library with old games from like PS1,PS2 and maybe PS3.

btw people in North America get it even later I think, they are probably doing this according to player base in each region, asia prolly has the least.

Yeh but i thought 300-400 games were just the extra tier list without ps3,2,1 games.

And 700 games or so with deluxe tier..

Correct me if i am wrong..

16 minutes ago, realsoccerdude111 said:

23 is bit too late?

Also the game library in extra seems like 200 games or so at the moment..instead of promised 300-400 games..

Will new games be added on monthly basis to the library or what?

1 minute ago, realsoccerdude111 said:

Yeh but i thought 300-400 games were just the extra tier list without ps3,2,1 games.

And 700 games or so with deluxe tier..

Correct me if i am wrong..

It says “Upto 400 games” for Extra 

& “Upto 700 games” for Premium

Meaning that is the maximum limit but they are not obligated to provide that many at any given time.

But in practicality what they are implying is that they will take that number to 400 & 700 before starting to refresh/remove the current list of games. 

So yeah starting this month games will be added every month just like GamesPass & they will take it to 400 & 700 which will be the limit. 

They are obviously carrying over most of the games they had licensed for PSnow. 
But if June is any indication they intend to offer much more robust & fresh content in comparison to PSnow.

And rightly so coz they are charging much more all of a sudden(ppl usually bought PSnow at discounts). 

This is basically going to be GamesPass minus the Day1 First party AAA & Third Party AA games. 

Though recently they did launch Shadow Warrior as day1 third party AA so yeah one can expect smaller titles like those as day1 too. 

But in hindsight we all know where the real moolah is.

Everyone wants to play AAA stuff like Returnal,GoG & R&C RA. 

14 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Personally won’t be renewing psn plus even after years of using plus service, let alone upgrade.
Because all these free games per month are not that lucrative. And first party ps games sony will be giving out such as gow, miles, demons souls and returnal and many more…I already have all of those as physical and we seldom play these rest of the free games provided by sony.  

basically, not appealing for me. 
only psn plus feature i use is cloud save(mp features also not useful for me as i dont play fifa or cod or any other mp on console). Only for cloud saves, I think 3k per year is abit too much. 

Value is not the core idea or goal of Sony. Very much disappointed. 

This service at present will be disappointing for Early PS5 hardcore adapters who went ahead & bought/played all of their first party lineup within a year or so. 

& rightly so coz they were the only one providing that consistent quality riding into next gen & are doing so till this day. 

But from here on….after getting a sneak peak of what this service has to offer many ppl who were buying many of their games day1 or early on will wait & see when those games will show up here. 

Even the core gamers will have something to look for in this service when stuff like Kena,GT7,Sifu,HorizonFW show up. 
As many might wait now before buying them & opt for this all in one service.

18 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Personally won’t be renewing psn plus even after years of using plus service, let alone upgrade.
Because all these free games per month are not that lucrative. And first party ps games sony will be giving out such as gow, miles, demons souls and returnal and many more…I already have all of those as physical and we seldom play these rest of the free games provided by sony.  

basically, not appealing for me. 
only psn plus feature i use is cloud save(mp features also not useful for me as i dont play fifa or cod or any other mp on console). Only for cloud saves, I think 3k per year is abit too much. 

Value is not the core idea or goal of Sony. Very much disappointed. 

It is value but for folks who are not ps5 early adopters + those who couldn't get a console though.

I own PS4 for like 7 years now but never spent on PS Plus, never was into MP on the console anyway apart from the original Destiny game and that too because it was very popular on the forum :lol:

btw they have "added" save data backup to pendrive feature https://www.playstation.com/en-in/support/hardware/back-up-ps5-data-USB/

You can't chose which saves to backup though, I guess once or twice a week if you do this it can replace the need for cloud saves but convinience will take a hit.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

So best course of action is stop buying games and wait for them to come to the service. 

Isn’t that the purpose of every service is!!

I can find comments in the thousands where someone or the other Is advising against buying so & so game coz it “might show up” In a service soon enough. 

Funny you’d feel the need to have a debate on it only when I said it for the first time. 

Edited by AnK

12 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

So best course of action is stop buying games and wait for them to come to the service. 

Yes if you're ok with waiting for an indefinite time and don't have the khujli to play said games immediately.

Even on GP until they announce a game you don't know if it will appear on a service or not.

Like I doubt many here will wait for Dad of Boi Ragnarok to appear on ps plus extra, they will probably buy day one.

I meanwhile don't care either way, it's a pickup on sale title for me, so good price at sale or it comes on ps plus extra whichever is first.

Edited by PhantomShade

1 minute ago, PhantomShade said:

Yes if you're ok with waiting for an indefinite time and don't have the khujli to play said games immediately.

Even on GP until they announce a game you don't know if it will appear on a service or not.

Like I doubt many here will wait for Dad of Boi Ragnarok to appear on ps plus extra, they will probably buy day one.

I meanwhile don't care either way, it's a pickup on sale title for me, so good price at sale or it comes on ps plus extra whichever is first.

Unless it’s an announced day1 game of course. 
So far only very few of those titles held any real meaning to them.

Even GamesPass in all practicality reached where it is today because of unpredictable announcements. 

But if someone wants to dispute that I can’t really say anything apart from just giving my humble opinion. 

I hope no one attacks my head this time. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm just saying that Sony's service has the risk of conditioning people to not buy games

That goes for gamepass also, and on PC you can say that for Epic Game Store, they give nice games literally for free during sale, it was Borderlands 3 recently.

Basically

1) they don't put big games day one on ps plus extra so if immediately you want to play you will fork out $70

2) You don't know when they will put a specific game on the service till they announce it.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm just saying that Sony's service has the risk of conditioning people to not buy games

Not really.

These games are not really dirt cheap or going at the price of chips/pop corn/candy. 
(hence the whole turmoil over discount fiasco few days ago) 

In essence ppl are still paying for these games as per their worth in the timeline they show up & no one is gifted both first & third party content on a platter. 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

That goes for gamepass also, and on PC you can say that for Epic Game Store, they give nice games literally for free.

Holds true for less popular platforms like Xbox & EGS but not for Steam & Playstation. 

Rightly so coz the former duo are using lucrative gifts to have an audience. 

Edited by AnK

17 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

That goes for gamepass also, and on PC you can say that for Epic Game Store, they give nice games literally for free during sale, it was Borderlands 3 recently.

Basically

1) they don't put big games day one on ps plus extra so if immediately you want to play you will fork out $70

2) You don't know when they will put a specific game on the service till they announce it.

So for most hardcord gamers who plays games when it's fresh, the service is pretty useless. Would have been nice and useful if they had atleast SOME day one titles on it.

18 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

So for most hardcord gamers who plays games when it's fresh, the service is pretty useless. Would have been nice and useful if they had atleast SOME day one titles on it.

For ppl who’d like to play anything in the name of being “fresh”. 

Even if it’s not worth playing at all. 
Yes this is not the service for them. 

Their focus is to provide quality content to as many ppl as possible through all their tiers. 

The highest tier being the old school $50-60-70 day1 purchase. 

Then Premium then Extra then Essential. 

Focus is always quality mind boggling games. 

Edited by AnK

28 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

No matter how hardcore you are, I doubt you will be able to play like all the latest games day one.

Unless the word you wanted to use was rich not hardcore :P

32 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Service is pretty good if you skipped PS4. Couple it with a PS5D and a year of PS+ extra premium and you are set.

Pretty useless if had ps4 though.

1 minute ago, Vaibhavp said:

Pretty useless if had ps4 though.

Why is that?!? 

The only games not available are Returnal & Demon Souls. 

Even in future 21-22 titles apart from R&C,Deathloop(unlikely) & Forespoken. 

Most like HorizonFW,Sifu,Kena,GT7,GoW~R have PS4/Pro ports. 

Apart from select titles & fidelity on others nothing is missing if we speak of Value. 

3 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Does anyone else feel like PS+ Extra Premium sounds like a petroleum product?

Yes it does 

Indian Oil.