Will you subscribe to the new PS Plus Tiers.   

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well posted Joe, and the best thing is win win for customer, I am anyday happy giving 120$ to M$ for ultimate, then pay sony 60$ for psn plus, which hardly gives any game worth playing. If it had to be only one console I can pick, I will easily and happily pick Xbox, yes i might miss on 1-2 AAA exclusives on Sony platform per year, but I am ok to live with it. Add to it M$ is a great multimedia player too, it happily sits as heart of my home theatre experience. 

If Sony comes up with something like I will be happy to do so with PS, asan end user I need choices. Today I see M$ winning this war. People can be internet warriors, corporates see real numbers and make decisions. 

Edited by AtheK

Yeah, it’s obvious that Gamepass Ultimate offers more value than PS plus. Gamepass  has MS games (which should grow by XSX gen) and some indie games on day one. That grabs more audience. 

Sony doesn’t have a subscription service that include new AAA and indie games yet.  Meaning that they have to wait for months to become affordable. And there is no guarantee that they will come to PS Plus later. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

If you go to see then the MS example is quite relatable about XBL rates where it stooped low Sony was left with no choice but to lower it's ps plus prices as well. 

ROFL.

PS plus price only reduced price in india, a country where the Xbox brand is dead and buried and they (sony) have complete market share. At many other places ps plus increased prices recently. 

This price cut is nothing reactionary to what MS is doing but more like they're doubling down and trying to make a big push here in India. 

50 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Netflix argument will never work with a game service.

It's time for these guys to figure subscription out. It works for everything else already. Subscription is extremely compelling. 

Big movie releases are coming, maybe with a separate (subsidised) additional charge. Eg: Netflix/Apple TV/Disnep+ make Top Gun available for streaming the same day as cinemas get it, and you pay to access those titles till about 60 days (or some other number) after release on subscription services.

They will experiment soon. And it is going to work.

11 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

It makes sense because MS pays 3rd party studio the cash right away for X sales instead of letting them wait to reach their X sale over the course of months/years. 

The biggest plus for publishers this way is they are assured of a minimum amount that they will make before the game has even released. This gives them a much clearer picture on estimating and sticking to a budget. 

5 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Add to it M$ is a great multimedia player too, it happily sits as heart of my home theatre experience. 

Explain. Also, if you haven't yet, play the Doom soundtrack (specially At Doom's Gate) at reference in stereo. Jesus Fkcing Christ that music can make bears forget hibernation. :slugshoot:

6 minutes ago, achilles said:

It's time for these guys to figure subscription out. It works for everything else already. Subscription is extremely compelling. 

Big movie releases are coming, maybe with a separate (subsidised) additional charge. Eg: Netflix/Apple TV/Disnep+ make Top Gun available for streaming the same day as cinemas get it, and you pay to access those titles till about 60 days (or some other number) after release on subscription services.

Explain. Also, if you haven't yet, play the Doom soundtrack (specially At Doom's Gate) at reference in stereo. Jesus Fkcing Christ that music can make bears forget hibernation. :slugshoot:

What do you want me to explain :p

I will definitely try it out. 

Yes subscription service is here to stay, and sooner or later sony will have to jump to it, how it works will have to be tweaked over next few years. Sony fan boys can be happy that they have the share of the market, good for them. I am happy with a heavier wallet :p

4 minutes ago, achilles said:

Eg: Netflix/Apple TV/Disnep+ make Top Gun available for streaming the same day as cinemas get it, and you pay to access those titles till about 60 days (or some other number) after release on subscription services.

They will experiment soon. And it is going to work.

Jio already announced they're going to do something like that (simultaneous cinema + tv release) during the launch of jiofibre. 

26 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

ROFL.

PS plus price only reduced price in india, a country where the Xbox brand is dead and buried and they (sony) have complete market share. At many other places ps plus increased prices recently. 

This price cut is nothing reactionary to what MS is doing but more like they're doubling down and trying to make a big push here in India. 

I feel that Xbox is dormant for a while due to past mishaps which I presume we all know and i dont want to rant about the same year. 

With context to what you mentioned about regarding the reactionary irrelavance of the prices then it should have been the other way around that if you say that Xbox is dead then it's futile to say that there is a difference in pricing as there's no competition as such. 

Will the next Avengers release directly on Disney+ ever or any other media platform? 

Answer is NO. Never it will happen. If it happens then all theatres will close as no one will go. 

Same can a God of War release directly on plus?

Answer is No. Never it will happen. If it happens then forget 10 million plus sold. Its a bigg loss for everyone. Stores like gamestop,etc will all close. 

There is a drop in PSNow sub fee as a direct result of GP, but don't think PS+ drop in one country is because of competition. Most people here also play Fortnite and CoD Warzone and do not pay a dime for PS+.

30 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

With context to what you mentioned about regarding the reactionary irrelavance of the prices then it should have been the other way around that if you say that Xbox is dead then it's futile to say that there is a difference in pricing as there's no competition as such. 

Ps plus Service makes a lot money for them and has the most potential to grow. India is not a big market and not all PS4 users are plus subscribers. they're trying to reach a lot more people with lower prices. Don't be surprised if they start reducing PS4 game prices too. They did the same with PS2 and PS3 games.

4 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

You guys are compairing gamepass to plus, while the same should be compared to Ps Now. I believe Ps Now is also adding  a lot of titles for download, although price barrier is defintely there - 10 bucks vs 1 buck for gamepass.

PSNow is actually free for a week, and you can make as many accounts as you have credit/debit cards and cancel on last day.

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Xbox gaming made roughly $11.4 billion in Fiscal Year 2019, once again accounting for less than 10% of Microsoft's total revenues for the period ($125.84 billion).

Source for this? No way xbox can make 11.4 billion in a fy. I'll be surprised if theyre anywhere near 11 billion lifetime from xbox one

I just renewed, yeah it's nowhere near what it was in the PS3 days but still it's worth 3k easily. Told 3-4 friends of mine who had no idea about plus or how it works, they all subbed only for UC4. Even people who have sold their PS4 1yr back are subscribing since ps5 will be backwards compatible.

PS+ is basically 'fee to play online' nowadays, games are added bonus. In Ps3 days it was insane, but I always keep my subscription active only because the game list keeps on increasing, must have spent like what 12-15k in last 3-4yrs? In return I have like 30-40 games in my list that I really wanted to play but could never get the time. PS5 with Boost feature for ps4 just might make me play some of these games as the 1st year or so would anyway be super dry. 

No idea about MS Gamepass/PS Now. Always wanted to try PS Now since I have a 1gbps Fiber connection but they haven't launched it in India yet, too lazy to try out VPN and sh*t (probably won't even work).

29 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Source for this? No way xbox can make 11.4 billion in a fy. I'll be surprised if theyre anywhere near 11 billion lifetime from xbox one

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/66788/xbox-revenue-dips-2-05-billion-live-users-rise/index.html

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Investor/earnings/FY-2019-Q4/press-release-webcast

Microsoft recently reported its Q4 and yearly earnings for the Xbox division, and despite a quarterly dip, the results aren't too bad. Xbox gaming made roughly $11.4 billion in Fiscal Year 2019, once again accounting for less than 10% of Microsoft's total revenues for the period ($125.84 billion). Xbox's Q4 revenues dipped by 10% year-over-year to $2.05 billion, but Xbox One hardware sales crashed tremendously by nearly 50%.

30 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

That 11.4 billion was total for MS Personal Computing revenue which that 'tweaktown' website mentioned as only Xbox revenue.

Revenue in More Personal Computing was $11.3 billion and increased 4% (up 6% in constant currency), with the following business highlights:

·        Windows OEM revenue increased 9% (up 9% in constant currency)

·        Windows Commercial products and cloud services revenue increased 13% (up 16% in constant currency)

·        Surface revenue increased 14% (up 17% in constant currency)

·        Search advertising revenue excluding traffic acquisition costs increased 9% (up 10% in constant currency)

·        Gaming revenue declined 10% (down 8% in constant currency) with Xbox software and services revenue down 3% (down 1% in constant currency)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Investor/earnings/FY-2019-Q4/press-release-webcast

8 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Still you get the point. Xbox gaming brings is less than 10% or even 5%. MS has infinite money to burn. 

Doesn't mean that they'll keep wasting money. If that was the case, that ipod clone wouldn't have been killed off so early and neither would have they gone out of the mobile hardware and software race. 

• Assassins Creed changed the title to Official PlayStation Plus thread