Will you subscribe to the new PS Plus Tiers.   

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 minutes ago, jak3072 said:

Hope this is coming in effect today.?

I've been locked off bloodborne since that's a ps+ title.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes. Thats the prices Gamestheshop is advertising, so must already be in effect. 

Farming Sim 19 and Cities Skylines this month right?

My friends who have subbed to PS Plus are kinda pissed because they were hoping for big-name Sony exclusives, but I kinda wanna sub to Plus for Farming Sim, I used to like farming games years back 

37 minutes ago, jak3072 said:

Hope this is coming in effect today.?

I've been locked off bloodborne since that's a ps+ title.

Yes. Thats the prices Gamestheshop is advertising, so must already be in effect. 

My friends who have subbed to PS Plus are kinda pissed because they were hoping for big-name Sony exclusives, but I kinda wanna sub to Plus for Farming Sim, I used to like farming games years back 

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

it;s not in effect till now. Believe i am checking every 5 mins :ranting:

47 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

I read in an article that it'll take effect at 10:59 AM BST which equates to 3.29 PM IST so will need to wait till then.

It might have an obvious answer but still I'm asking if Sony has changed anything related which I'm unaware of.

If I buy ps plus now, my subscription will carry forward on PS5 too, right? 

1 hour ago, jak3072 said:

read in an article that it'll take effect at 10:59 AM BST which equates to 3.29 PM IST so will need to wait till then.

I just checked, it's still the same. One more hour to go then. 

38 minutes ago, jak3072 said:

Price updated!! emoji16.png

I assume you're going for the 1 Year subscription? 

It is the most value for money afterall

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

If I buy ps plus now, my subscription will carry forward on PS5 too, right? 

I mean, the subscription is tied to your PSN account, and not your system. Since it would work with a new PS4, or even a PS3, it will show on PS5 too.

Unless Sony introduces a new subscription service with release of PS5, but I dont think they'd do us dirty like that. 

Off-topic, but since you're concerned if its gonna work with PS5, you plan to buy the system at launch? 

26 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I mean, the subscription is tied to your PSN account, and not your system. Since it would work with a new PS4, or even a PS3, it will show on PS5 too.

Unless Sony introduces a new subscription service with release of PS5, but I dont think they'd do us dirty like that. 

Yea, tbh the sudden decrease in subscription service made me wonder if Sony is planning for something fishy. If incase they steep that low, it'll be a bad move and hit them hard considering this service is one of their main source of income.

30 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Off-topic, but since you're concerned if its gonna work with PS5, you plan to buy the system at launch? 

Most probably, depends on availibility in my city and price.

But most importantly I'm highly inclined towards games than consoles. 

28 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yea, tbh the sudden decrease in subscription service made me wonder if Sony is planning for something fishy. If incase they steep that low, it'll be a bad move and hit them hard considering this service is one of their main source of income.

Most probably, depends on availibility in my city and price.

But most importantly I'm highly inclined towards games than consoles. 

It's just a response to Xbox decreasing price for live. I have the live subscription and I see not much of a reason to stay invested in PSN+

Even with decreased price I might not still go for it. 

48 minutes ago, AtheK said:

It's just a response to Xbox decreasing price for live. I have the live subscription and I see not much of a reason to stay invested in PSN+

Even with decreased price I might not still go for it. 

This is why competition is necessary. Imagine we were paying hefty prices just to play online. 

Even I wouldn't have bothered but it is required to play online and right now this is my primary console. 

1 minute ago, Heaven Angel said:

This is why competition is necessary. Imagine we were paying hefty prices just to play online. 

Even I wouldn't have bothered but it is required to play online and right now this is my primary console. 

Exactly and that is why we need M$ to keep coming up with ideas like game pass. For people who say they gave away gears 5 for free, would you say the same for Netflix giving out there originals for free for first month. It's a business strategy, and instead of using marketing budget elsewhere they invested it in a AAA game, brilliant move indeed. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AtheK said:

Exactly and that is why we need M$ to keep coming up with ideas like game pass. For people who say they gave away gears 5 for free, would you say the same for Netflix giving out there originals for free for first month. It's a business strategy, and instead of using marketing budget elsewhere they invested it in a AAA game, brilliant move indeed. 

Netflix originals have fraction of a budget of blockbuster AAA movies, and their in-house movies are mostly low budget crap. Netflix (or Disney+) will not put movies like Endgame or Black Panther day one on streaming and belittle their brand value. Heck even in the middle of pandemic, they would rather sit on Black Widow than release it on subscription service.

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Netflix originals have fraction of a budget of blockbuster AAA movies, and their in-house movies are mostly low budget crap. Netflix (or Disney+) will not put movies like Endgame or Black Panther day one on streaming and belittle their brand value. Heck even in the middle of pandemic, they would rather sit on Black Widow than release it on subscription service.

Budget M$ has for marketing would be huge, so there marketing investment is much more. Add to it how many day 1 titles have M$ put, compared to Netflix originals movies and web series combined. 

I am happy that M$ is taking this route and I hope the game pass goes on to be a huge success. 

Edited by AtheK

I'm happy to grab free games, but aint no way MS making money on those 10 millions subs. Maybe if the base was 50 million paid subs @10 bucks a pop, this model would be profitable.

Even if they had 10 million paid subs, I doubt how that makes sense for 3rd party devs to release games day 1 on gamepass?

As a conservative estimate, I assume publishers get at least 20 bucks a copy sold out of the total 60?  Even with a full 10 bucks per sub, I dont see how MS can compensate 3rd party devs without actually burning money.

Then again, time will tell.

Netflix argument will never work with a game service. A standard big budget AAA game takes 3-4 years to make (higher for newer ips) in that time Netflix will release 3 seasons of that show. Not to mention it literally kills the add on/dlc market for developers because gamers might be wary of purchasing stuff for a game that might be removed from service whenever the platform holder feels so. This may work for smaller titles but I wouldn't bet on it esp with a new gen launching. A similar example is ps+ last gen, it gave away some unbelievable AAA titles towards the PS3's end, some releasing just months after launch but then we know how that turned out this gen. 

Anyway, good luck to them because right now it's a pro-consumer service with a low entry point but I would wai and watch till the mid point of next gen.

People get easily baffled when they learn about such offers, this is understandable as currently nobody give such offers in the market. 

If you go to see then the MS example is quite relatable about XBL rates where it stooped low Sony was left with no choice but to lower it's ps plus prices as well. 

MS is quite manipulative it knows it's way to do the business as they are in this field since ages. 

42 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

but aint no way MS making money on those 10 millions subs.

MS don't need to make money. They have unlimited funds so they can afford to give it at $1. Xbox/gaming division is so small for them. 

Xbox gaming made roughly $11.4 billion in Fiscal Year 2019, once again accounting for less than 10% of Microsoft's total revenues for the period ($125.84 billion).

Their goal is to make GamePass the Netflix of gaming. Build massive library and everyone will come and stick around. Even if 10% sticks around, that is still 1m active subs at $10-15/e. 

I doubt how that makes sense for 3rd party devs to release games day 1 on gamepass?

It makes sense because MS pays 3rd party studio the cash right away for X sales instead of letting them wait to reach their X sale over the course of months/years. 

Example: studio can sell their game for $10m (that's peanuts for MS) and take the money and start on new project right away. While MS takes their game and puts it out on GamePass. Win-win for both. 

You also won't see big AAA titles day 1 on GamePass except for MS games as they cost and sell more and have been backed up by big publishers (EA/ATVI/Ubisoft/T2/Bethesda).

As a conservative estimate, I assume publishers get at least 20 bucks a copy sold out of the total 60?  Even with a full 10 bucks per sub, I dont see how MS can compensate 3rd party devs without actually burning money.

Publishers gets all the money minus store cut. Devs get their salary paid along with some bonus. Post game sales money is all for publishers. 

MS pays the publisher right away for X estimated sales. Publisher pays the studio salary and keeps the profit or invest in another game/studio. MS can make any offer if they want.

without actually burning money.

MS already burning money with each Xbox One X sale. It makes no dent on their total revenue. 

• Like 3

• Assassins Creed changed the title to Official PlayStation Plus thread