Coronavirus

hope

7 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Spain: 15 Feb, Infected: 2, and by 15 March Infected: 7,753

India: 15 Feb, Infected 3 and by 15 March Infected: 114

Hmm ?

India number is massively understated because we don't have enough tests conducted. You can contain the number by just not testing people.

giphy.gif

46 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

India number is massively understated because we don't have enough tests conducted. You can contain the number by just not testing people.

giphy.gif

Agreed. But don’t you think in this day and age people would come out on social media and share their instances if they are being turned back and its getting worse for them. Or god forbid if any case like this became a casualty.

with the presence of social media it will be difficult to hide such cases. Also like a few people here have had difficulty in getting tested so it is not entirely incorrect.

But i just hope they are thinking it through sensibly while sending people back and not testing them.

Please take care guys. 

Virus strikes Game of Thrones:

The latest celebrity to be infected is Game of Thrones fan favourite Tormund.

Well, Kristofer Hivju. The Norwegian actor who played Jon Snow's pal Tormund in the hugely successful fantasy series confirmed on Instagram he has tested positive and is now self-isolating with his family.

Capture.jpg

:(

1 hour ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Agreed. But don’t you think in this day and age people would come out on social media and share their instances if they are being turned back and its getting worse for them. Or god forbid if any case like this became a casualty.

with the presence of social media it will be difficult to hide such cases. Also like a few people here have had difficulty in getting tested so it is not entirely incorrect.

But i just hope they are thinking it through sensibly while sending people back and not testing them.

Please take care guys. 

Oof

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Hmm ?

For India multiply by 50 to get the real number because sheer population.

54000 people under observation in India :O

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/coronavirus-54000-people-across-country-under-community-surveillance/articleshow/74672372.cms

We need more testing kits asap. If because of no testing kits people are being sent back then it is a huge problem.

This guy claimed it will not survive in the summer. Summoned now

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/mumbai-doctor-who-claimed-coronavirus-will-not-survive-in-summer-gets-mmc-notice-11584429495694.html

Edited by hope

7 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Please take care guys. 

There are many Instagram accounts which are reporting that people are not being tested, they are making memes out of it.

But most of them carry false information.

There was one with almost 10k likes and said that people with whole range of symptoms are being turned away which I can say with personal experience is not true.

I myself have been to 3 testing facilities by now and anyone with all symptoms is being tested. These accounts are exaggerating the scenario for likes and follows.

Also, many are blaming the govt. for lack of kits. Govt. did react a bit late but  I think as of now, India is doing much better job with it's volume of tests than other countries. More kits have been ordered but because of the sheer population, the ratio of testing will still be down as compared to South Korea etc. Also, Germany itself has order from multiple countries, all the countries have to wait for their turn.

It's not just govt. but the novelty of the virus which caught everyone off-guard.

No matter how accurate the info. might seem on Social Media. to be, always take it with a spoonful of salt.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Hmm ?

We just arent testing. Last I checked we test 6 people or so per million. Other countries are testing thousands per million. 

Its the old Soviet rule. If you cant see the problem, there is no problem. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

We just arent testing. Last I checked we test 6 people or so per million. Other countries are testing thousands per million. 

Its the old Soviet rule. If you cant see the problem, there is no problem. 

There just aren't enough kits. 

Currently the delay in kits are creeping in due to airlines being in lockdown, not being able to bring in the kits. That's why the rationing.

NABL has given approval to 50-60 more labs to conduct independent testing, but again they are waiting on materials.

And Thyrocare is talking to vendors and they speculate the current swab test might cost 6-7k for independent testing and blood test might be available for 700 but with increased time delay.

With those prices, I am not even sure if people will get the tests from independent labs.

And also the surveys which are reporting these per million numbers are flawed. These are just doing Convenience sampling into order to come up with a statistic for the population which is not accurate for such large population. Simple random sampling or Systematic random sampling should be done in order to get more accurate results. I mean this is Statistics 101 if anyone ever studied it.

But yes, Govt. was late and system was unprepared but not to the levels these quick numbers are reporting.

Edited by kunjanp

4 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Currently the delay in kits are creeping in due to airlines being in lockdown, not being able to bring in the kits. That's why the rationing.

NABL has given approval to 50-60 more labs to conduct independent testing, but again they are waiting on materials.

And Thyrocare is talking to vendors and they speculate the current swab test might cost 6-7k for independent testing and blood test might be available for 700 but with increased time delay.

With those prices, I am not even sure if people will get the tests from independent labs.

If only every Minister in Madhya Pradesh came with 50,000 kits when you bought them, the government would have had enough to test everyone in this country twice. 

4 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

If only every Minister in Madhya Pradesh came with 50,000 kits when you bought them, the government would have had enough to test everyone in this country twice. 

Lol, my sanitizer is very good at keeping hands clean, I have named it Gogoi.

• Haha 1

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/coronavirus-54000-people-across-country-under-community-surveillance/articleshow/74672372.cms

We need more testing kits asap. If because of no testing kits people are being sent back then it is a huge problem.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/mumbai-doctor-who-claimed-coronavirus-will-not-survive-in-summer-gets-mmc-notice-11584429495694.html
There are enough kits

And also the surveys which are reporting these per million numbers are flawed. These are just doing Convenience sampling into order to come up with a statistic for the population which is not accurate for such large population. Simple random sampling or Systematic random sampling should be done in order to get more accurate results. I mean this is Statistics 101 if anyone ever studied it.

But yes, Govt. was late and system was unprepared but not to the levels these quick numbers are reporting.
There are enough testing kits 300k to be precise

There are enough kits

There are enough testing kits 300k to be precise

1 hour ago, mohit9206 said:

There are enough kitsThere are enough testing kits 300k to be precise

100k available with 200k on the way. Waiting to arrive from Germany.

That was the 300k being reported.

This was 2 days ago, could be that they arrived by now.

300k for our population? Obviously authorities will ration it anticipating people with more severe symptoms.

3 lakh is a lot of kits for now, but if the number of cases grows exponentially like it is expected to, it might not be enough. Also, testing capacity is a much more important factor. Even if we have 3 lakh kits on hand, doesn't mean we will be able to do anywhere close to that many tests in a day. We should be doing thousands of tests daily but I have no idea how many are being done at he moment. 

1 hour ago, Banz said:

3 lakh is a lot of kits for now, but if the number of cases grows exponentially like it is expected to, it might not be enough. Also, testing capacity is a much more important factor. Even if we have 3 lakh kits on hand, doesn't mean we will be able to do anywhere close to that many tests in a day. We should be doing thousands of tests daily but I have no idea how many are being done at he moment. 

Hardly any tests is being done , we are following same trajectory as Iran, Italy,France,USA etc

1 hour ago, Banz said:

Almost none lol. 

As of March 16, India has tested 9,100 samples for coronavirus. This means that we have only managed to test 6.8 samples for every million people living in the country. This places India among the lowest in the world in terms of people tested with respect to population. In comparison, countries such as South Korea have tested over 274,000 samples, placing it among the countries with the best testing ratio.

TESTING-PER-MILLION.png

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/how-india-is-lagging-behind-coronavirus-testing-schedule/story-wn1RVtg6uBVV1gzwAuZQVP.html

• Sad 1

Yikes. Thats poor AF, not to mention from experiences we've all had, the utter casual approach that will be taken until we have a few hundreds dead. Zero faith right now.